What's new

The Kargil Conflict

We have the Kargil Review Committee available for public. Does Pakisan have one available on Kargil ??? If yes please give the link.

No we do not but you can look up "The Kargil Conflict 1999—Separating Fact from Fiction". The book provides a very decent insight on Pakistani reasons for undertaking the Kargil operation. It is a compilation of interviews and briefings of most of the Pakistani key players within FCNA.

As in the Indian books and publications about Kargil, there is some hyperbole in this book as well, but if you can read between the lines, you will see exactly what the Pakistani reasons were and where the failures happened in seeing the tactical goals through their logical conclusion.

Lack of logistical support and undermanned force??

Absolutely but being self-critical, why were these not catered for would be the next question. Then the other point is the geo-pol ramifications....why our side was not able to hold back the other side's PR offensive? I thnk militarily the situation could have been helped at a greater cost but the geo-political side was a bigger concern for us in the end.

Absolutely but being self-critical, why were these not catered for would be the next question. Then the other point is the geo-pol ramifications....why our side was not able to hold back the other side's PR offensive? I thnk militarily the situation could have been helped at a greater cost but the geo-political side was a bigger concern for us in the end.

Yeah I think you have nailed it on the head there Blain.
I remembered that Sun Tzu line about war being won (As a contest of morals)in the temples long before they are fought.

We have the Kargil Review Committee available for public. Does Pakisan have one available on Kargil ??? If yes please give the link.

Does Kargil review committee consist of only Indians? If yes, please keep the link to yourself....:bunny:

Does Kargil review committee consist of only Indians? If yes, please keep the link to yourself....:bunny:

Yes,it was all Indians. However they were the most critcal of the way Intelligence was handled, the way the top brass in the Army handled it, and they way the initial assaults were planned. They spared no one, not even the PMs office.

I wish it was available as a link. I have only read extracts. Does anyone have it?

What was the plus and minus points Blain ? For Pakistan that is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom