What's new

Featured Egypt says freedom of expression stops if it offends more than 1.5 billion people

Imran Khan has done a lot of good since he became the PM. The West understands very clearly that this ia not a man that can be intimidated or blackmailed. Now compare that with previous absconders and criminals. One is still hiding in the UK. There is a day and night difference.

Please expand on this one... besides completing BRT.

from a purely economic point of view muslim countries can do absolutely nothing against France, more than 71% of French exports goes to western and other European nations, around 10% goes to north east Asia this leaves around 19% or so for the rest of the world including non muslim nations in latin America, Africa, Asia etc..

therefore whenever some muslim leader says we condemn this and that this is all basicaly just for internal media consumption.

LOL it cannot be a coincidence. Many hate crimes are committed against Indians when the target are Muslims.

Imran Khan has done a lot of good since he became the PM. The West understands very clearly that this ia not a man that can be intimidated or blackmailed. Now compare that with previous absconders and criminals. One is still hiding in the UK. There is a day and night difference.

I think it's just because a lot of Indians can be quite nerdy/meek looking hence a softer target than most Muslim males who tend to be a bit livelier/look more of a challenge.

Incidentally, I was surprised to hear from elderly female relatives that they have been spat/ abused by the public. As a male this never happens to me apart from twice I've been shouted at from a speeding car. Don't know why they don't confront males more instead of targeting the female members of our community.
from a purely economic point of view muslim countries can do absolutely nothing against France, more than 71% of French exports goes to western and other European nations, around 10% goes to north east Asia this leaves around 19% or so for the rest of the world including non muslim nations in latin America, Africa, Asia etc..

therefore whenever some muslim leader says we condemn this and that this is all basicaly just for internal media consumption.

France imports 60 billion and exports 50 billion dollars to Muslim countries, so only around 4% of their economy. However, i remember reading that they are still essentially getting half a trillion from their former (mainly Muslim) African colonies which if disrupted would hurt a lot more.

I think it's just because a lot of Indians can be quite nerdy/meek looking hence a softer target than most Muslim males who tend to be a bit livelier/look more of a challenge.

Incidentally, I was surprised to hear from elderly female relatives that they have been spat/ abused by the public. As a male this never happens to me apart from twice I've been shouted at from a speeding car. Don't know why they don't confront males more instead of targeting the female members of our community.

France imports 60 billion and exports 50 billion dollars to Muslim countries, so only around 4% of their economy. However, i remember seeing that they are still essentially getting half a trillion from their former (mainly Muslim) African colonies which if disrupted would hurt a lot more.

Women are generally an easier target. The fact that these racists attack women is an abomination, but that is their culture.

Unlikely that exploitation of African resources will stop any time soon. The African nations are also in a precarious or rather unfortunate situation. The French have colonised, looted and destroyed African nations. The African nations could be exploited because corruption is rampant.

You didn't understand the point. Every bit hurts. Especially during the pandemic. Nations are already struggling and the shape of the world economy isn't particularly healthy. There is a reason why France had to plead to Islamic nations not to boycott its products. France understands that in these difficult times a major boycott could further hurt their economy. Even if it is marginal as you claim. Remember that France sells weapons worth billions to Islamic nations. These deals won't be jeopardized overnight, but it will damage relations and potentially harm future deals if France continues on the same path as it has sworne to do so.

Even more than this is about relations. France hasn't done itself any favors by attacking the faith of 1.5 billion Muslims. No doubt France is now viewed unfavorably among many Islamic nations. That is not peanuts.

French expats and tourists are being monitered due to security in various Islamic nations. Travel advisory has changed. For what? A tradition to hate Islam and its prophet? I hope you get the idea.

Last edited:
France imports 60 billion and exports 50 billion dollars to Muslim countries, so only around 4% of their economy. However, i remember reading that they are still essentially getting half a trillion from their former (mainly Muslim) African colonies which if disrupted would hurt a lot more

and who will disrupt it? and most importantly how? these are poor impoverished African countries and if any one there starts growing balls then he will face the fate of Gaddafi.

frankly I laugh whenever some one says we will Boycott France, all of this talk of Boycott is just for internal media consumption, heck even if we were living in an alternate reality where 100% of French exports are going to muslim countries no one would dare enforce a boycott for fear of the inevitable regime change.
You didn't understand the point. Every bit hurts. Especially during the pandemic. Nations are already struggling and the shape of the world economy isn't particularly rosy

all talk no action, do you think some supermarkets saying "we are not selling French chease" will harm France? no ofcourse it wouldn't the only way this would work is if all muslim nations gather in the OIC and stop all trade with France not just voluntary boycot.

Last edited:
and who will disrupt it? and most importantly how? these are poor impoverished African countries and if any one there starts growing balls then he will face the fate of Gaddafi.

frankly I laugh whenever some one says we will Boycott France, all of this talk of Boycott is just for internal media consumption, heck even if we were living in an alternate reality where 100% of French exports are going to muslim countries no one would dare enforce a boycott for fear of the inevitable regime change.

Damage to the African situation hurts France a lot more than any boycott. They have literally killed many African Presidents that refused to pay their colonial tax - they destroyed loads of Government buildings, schools, medicines, cars etc in Guinea for not paying this tax. The other African countries soon got the message and agreed to pay.

Also agree about the boycott. Although I'm surprised Macron reacted the way he did. Maybe there is more to it than we know as these things normally fizzle out.

Damage to the African situation hurts France a lot more than any boycott. They have literally killed many African Presidents that refused to pay their colonial tax - they destroyed loads of Government buildings, schools, medicines, cars etc in Guinea for not paying this tax. The other African countries soon got the message and agreed to pay.

Also agree about the boycott. Although I'm surprised Macron reacted the way he did. Maybe there is more to it than we know as these things normally fizzle out.

look I asure you France is fine and it's absolutely impossible for the muslim world to harm France economicaly because the muslim world is completely devided, muslim countries are too busy plotting against each other for them to care about some caricatures, they will condemn it in the media but in reality nothing will happen.

if going to the supermarket and buying Turkish cheese instead of French cheese would satisfy you then that is fine.

He is all about lip service, which is mostly suicidal, besides seeding divisions.
Truth is Pakistan can't afford to follow the Arabs, in taking any ground action against any western country.

Pakistan exports to France was US$442.48 Million during 2019
pressure if sustained high this IK will crumble! i dont expect these figures to be anything beyond ZERO in future be it imports and exports!
Egypt says freedom of expression stops if it offends more than 1.5 billion people

Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi's statement comes after tensions have risen in response to French President Emmanuel Macron’s comments on Islam

000_8TJ4RZ_0.jpg

The comments come following the display of images in France of the Prophet Muhammad that Muslims see as blasphemous (AFP)

Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi said on Wednesday that freedom of expression should stop if it offends more than 1.5 billion people, in response to the publication of caricatures of Prophet Muhammad in France.

The comments follow a backlash across Arab and Muslim countries against French President Emmanuel Macron’s comments on Islam.

In a televised address to commemorate Prophet Muhammad’s birthday, Sisi said that Muslims have the right for their feelings and values not to be hurt.

“If some have the freedom to express what is in their thoughts, I imagine that this stops when it comes to offending the feelings of more than 1.5 billion people,” he said.

Sisi added that he firmly rejects any form of violence or terrorism from anyone in the name of defending religion, religious symbols or icons.

Earlier this month, Macron said Islam was a religion "in crisis all over the world today", and pledged to fight "Islamist separatism" that he said was a threat to some Muslim communities around France.

He also voiced his support for satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's "right" to print cartoons of the prophet.

The French president made the remarks while paying tribute to a French school teacher, Samuel Paty, who was beheaded by a Muslim radical on 16 October after he had shown caricatures of the prophet to his school pupils.

In Egypt, a major supermarket chain has removed French products from its shelves in response to Macron’s comments.

The grand imam of Egypt’s Al-Azhar university, the highest seat of learning in the Sunni world, strongly condemned the use of anti-Muslim sentiment to rally votes in elections.

Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb also called on the international community to criminalise "anti-Muslim" actions.

Around the Middle East and North Africa, boycotts and protests have taken place in order to denounce the comments and the printing of images of the Prophet Muhammad, which Muslims find offensive and blasphemous.

Online, a campaign to boycott French goods has also garnered support. Thousands of people have used hashtags such as #BoycottFrance #Boycott_French_Products and #ProphetMuhammad to condemn the portrayal of the prophet and encouraged others to boycott French goods.

The Western media has falsely and maliciously reported that only a certain segment of the Islamic world i.e. Erdogan and Imran Khan are renouncing the ridiculing of the prophet and Islam. All Islamic nations across the world are united in their condemnation of French hatred. The European Union or the entire Western world can unite against Islamic nations and support France. It won't make an iota of difference to Islamic nations. Islamic nations stand united. Islamic nations won't accept bullying and hate from colonisers and racists.
Good sir, but now think about restricting their shipping in Suez Canal as well.

try starting a post or thread about holocaust or 9/11 and you will see how sissy and sensitive these freedom of speech preachers are ... hypocritical bastards

Imran Khan and Erdogan are leading the Muslim world. Imran Khan is a superstar and it shows. He says something and the world picks up his words. He has a charisma and if he could back it with making Pakistan stable and economically sound, Pakistan is going to be a power to look up to. Its a nuclear power anyway.

Enough of fluff mate..... Is Muslim world just Pakistan? No one gives a damn to IK in the Muslim world apart from Turkey (who basically act as a master of Pakistan).... What has world picked up on whatever he had sai?d..., was he able to pressurise India through world to roll back A370 revocation? Was his numerous tweets and speeches on Indian atrocities blah blah was able to create any pressure on India?

Enough of fluff mate..... Is Muslim world just Pakistan? No one gives a damn to IK in the Muslim world apart from Turkey (who basically act as a master of Pakistan).... What has world picked up on whatever he had sai?d..., was he able to pressurise India through world to roll back A370 revocation? Was his numerous tweets and speeches on Indian atrocities blah blah was able to create any pressure on India?

I've heard more from him in the UK media than any other Pakistani leader. The real issue is the country itself lacks enough clout to be heard.

People are already fooled by the Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression.

Because there's another law to limit them.

Which is freedom is guaranteed and protected as long as it doesn't offend and endangering others.

We already read too much geopolitical propaganda in the media.

We think and France thinks, freedom of speech and expression means total freedom including to offend and disrespect others.

This case is 100% France's mistake.

He is all about lip service, which is mostly suicidal, besides seeding divisions.
Truth is Pakistan can't afford to follow the Arabs, in taking any ground action against any western country.

تبدیلی پر ووٹ لینے والا ساری دنیا میں اسلام کے لیے لڑ رہا ہے
اور
اسلام کے نام پر ووٹ لینے والا چوروں کے لیے لڑ رہا ہے

IMG_20201029_114124.jpg

All imtiaz store

IMG-20201029-WA0002.jpg

I disagree with the economic aspect of the argument but I concur that Khan doesn't seem to understand how to develop the economy though he's still doing a far better job than the PML-N and PPP did.

I've been meaning to put up a post for you guys on this topic because there is this incorrect perception that exports = only way to grow your economy. I primarily blame the GOP under PML-N, PPP and Musharraf because everyone totally ignores import substitution and domestic infrastructure development as a primary means for economic growth whereas exports are primarily intended to pay for imports.

One major example is the need for affordable housing in Pakistan in fact the country has the worst housing crisis, maybe in the whole of Asia, just shy of Afghanistan:

IMG_E1290.JPG

Why does this exist when we have huge amounts of iron ore in places like Kalabagh and a burgeoning cement industry?

To match India's level we'd need to construct new homes for approximately 40 Million Pakistani's. If we go by Egypt's New Administrative Capital which would house 6.5 Million people in Phase 1 of the project at a cost of $50 Billion USD that would mean Pakistan would need to spend approximately $310 Billion USD on housing alone.

This lack of housing development has not only robbed our nation of economic growth but also leads to a loss of economic growth from the financial sector like home loans which explains why Pakistan has the lowest home loan facility in the region:

IMG_E1289.JPG

There are a host of reports, like out of Canada, which show that the GDP returns for infrastructure projects are considerable with short term gains of $1.43 GDP to long term gains as high as $3.83 GDP gained per $1 spent on infrastructure:
http://www.mhca.mb.ca/wp-content/up..._Public_Infrastructure_Spending_in_Canada.pdf

Production of that much cement, steel and wiring would allow us to further expand operations to create additional cement, steel and insulated wiring for export at very competitive rates with insulated wiring being one of the most traded products on the planet with the global market sized at approximately $133 Billion USD in 2018 alone.

This doesn't even take into account a host of other projects that are required to upgrade the agricultural (ex. center pivot irrigation) and mining sector along with immediate investments that can be made to substitute a variety of products we currently import in large enough quantities to produce locally at competitive costs (ex. p-xylene, Diammonium Phosphate, Ethylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Propylene, etc...) and can expand operations to produce for export.

What I think people seem to be confused by is the idea of where the money comes from to start these projects and Khan/PTI were on the money when they referenced that it would come from tax revenue generation and my view has been this isn't happening until they properly finance the FBR (which imo is underfunded anywhere from 500-1400% of their FY14 budget the last I checked).

This idea that exports is the primary growth engine makes no sense because the role of exports should be to pay for imports of things you either can't produce locally whatsoever whether it's because you lack the raw materials to do so (ex. oil and natural gas) or its financially not feasible. No money in then no money out so you should be raising tariffs, instituting NTB's, VAT's, etc... to limit imports of value added products that aren't essential to growth or there is a local alternative available.

Whenever there is a hate crime against a Muslim they seem to mainly go for muslim women or Indian males. No idea why they always settle on an Indian.

LOL it cannot be a coincidence. Many hate crimes are committed against Indians when the target are Muslims.

A radical White Christian supremacist terrorist shot an Indian at a bar referring to him as a "terrorist" before the murder:
Kansas man sentenced to life for killing Indian engineer in a bar

Another White radical Christian supremacist terrorist saw some guys in a turban with long beards and decided to shoot up a Gurdurwara in the US:
Gunman Kills 6 at a Sikh Temple Near Milwaukee

Here's an article from CNN about how after 9/11 Sikhs were targeted because of their turbans and beards:
15 years after 9/11, Sikhs still victims of anti-Muslim hate crimes

Radical White Christian Supremacist terrorists don't hate Islam they hate blacks, browns, asians, etc...

I personally don't even think this is about a hate of Islam because they know so little about it they can't even differentiate between a Muslim and non-Muslim.

What this is really about appears to be race hence why they cheer on the internment of Mexican and other Latino Christians, mothers and children, with no care at all for their well being and the trauma they've inflicted.

That's not actually true.

They export quite a bit to many Muslim nations for example their combined exports to Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Malaysia, Qatar, Kuwait, Indonesia and Algeria combined is about $30 Billion USD.

If you also include what they export to Saudi Arabia and UAE, though in all honesty their despot leadership doesn't give a damn about Islam or Muslims, that's about as much as they export to the United States.

Furthermore, add to this that Macron and France in general has so poorly contained the Covid19 pandemic that they're seeing a second lock down and early estimates see their economy contracting 11%

That's a lot of trade for a nation like France which already has an almost $100 Billion USD trade deficit.

However, the point of these aren't to hurt France now instead they're to hurt France moving forward and into the future.

What happens if these boycotts become ingrained into Muslim society that starts to view the French and France as an enemy? What's worse is the West, by association, is increasingly seen as an enemy particularly troubling when most of the Next 11 economies are Muslim nations.

@PakPrinciples Referring to your economic formulae and in same breathe you said Imran Khan doing better...

How do you see Imran Khan delaying inauguration of all infrastructure projects for until 2 - 3 years, which were completed by PMLN.
As in example M5, various power plants, orange line, various tunnel projects, various new highways etc.

If that was not enough, he destroyed the health system, waste management system... for sure in Lahore.

Similarly he cancelled construction awards of various infrastructure projects... as in example M6.

At planning level, he's not even fraction of forward looking, as you seems to be.

At efficiency level, he keep wasting foreign loans on his U turns. BRT is one glaring example of his idiocracy... i can build a whole new Peshawar with $billion and that would have stimulated the economy as well and saved another couple of $ billions on health and fuel bills.

At character level... he is in deep pit. Although he has come a long way from where he started.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom