What's new

fc-1 question

Although Israel had offered their Elta 2032 Radar to China at the time, but, I doubt Pakistan would be willing to have Israeli systems onboard their plane. Even if the Israeli systems are better, politics and religion will always be in the way.

Since Pakistan is already buying up to 60 U.S. APG-68(V)9 Radars for the F16 A/B mid life upgrade, why not just buy another set of 150 of these proven radars for the JF-17 instead? It is capable of multi-targeting for air combat and decent air-to-ground capabilities too. American made avionics and equipment beats the Hell out of the Italians anyday. :tup: :agree:

Although Israel had offered their Elta 2032 Radar to China at the time, but, I doubt Pakistan would be willing to have Israeli systems onboard their plane. Even if the Israeli systems are better, politics and religion will always be in the way.

Since Pakistan is already buying up to 60 U.S. APG-68(V)9 Radars for the F16 A/B mid life upgrade, why not just buy another set of 150 of these proven radars for the JF-17 instead? It is capable of multi-targeting for air combat and decent air-to-ground capabilities too. American made avionics and equipment beats the Hell out of the Italians anyday. :tup: :agree:

The problem is that I dont think the americans will be willing to sell there radars, also dont forget with the current radar options PAF will also get full TOT and liscence production which I think US will never even consider for Pakistan. Another factor is the price and integrations which might put the program as far back as a year and increase the price more. The Italian radar that italy is offering pakistan right know is a modified version of the Grifo 2000 which was used on many mlu aircraft and is proven to be exellent in quality and highly reliable (meaning long lasting).

For me the leading winners for this radar race are the italians and chinese

Radar

FC-1 will be fitted with Italian Grifo S-7 fire-control radar. The Grifo S-7 radar system is specially designed for the JF-17 it has 25 working modes and a non-break-down time of 200 hours. Grifo S-7 radar system is capable of look-down, shoot-down, Air-sea as well as for ground strike abilities. Pakistani sources also suggest that Pakistan is mostly looking into western avionics to further improve JF-17’s capabilities. In addition to that it includes new digital dual fly-by-wire (FBW) system and a true Beyond Visual Range (BVR) attack capability.

Another thing we have to take into considerization is the fact that the Grifo S7 will come with true BVR capabilities and Grifo has also promised us a free integration with Chinese missile's (grifo is already capable of integrating with western systems such as the Aim-7 and early AIM-120)

Then again the chinese are still more reliable and there radar might not be as good as the grifo S-7 is still pretty decent and is more likely to have a AESA version in the future

if my memory serves me right paf f-7 have the same Italian Grifo S-7 fire-control radar i guess

if my memory serves me right paf f-7 have the same Italian Grifo S-7 fire-control radar i guess

The PAF F-7's use grifo 7 which has limited BVR, the Grifo S-7 will have almost 3 times the range with an advanced array of modules and modes for different missions

Kasier,

Is PAF has any plans for Grifo S-7? What is going on? Are the aircrafts being upgraded with this radar?

Kasier,

Is PAF has any plans for Grifo S-7? What is going on? Are the aircrafts being upgraded with this radar?

Well Grifo sent in its facts and statictics of the S-7 and Pakistan told them they need to improve. So just last year they sent in the staticticts for the new and modified version with more range and capabilities.

I think so far KLJ-7 and Grifo S-7 are in a real close race, KLJ-7 offers better integration since PAF uses many chinese weapons and is more reliable, but the Grifo S-7 has more range, capabilites, and much better integration with western systems, they are even offering free integration with Chinese and pakistani systems (great offer) which mean they can not only improve weapons but also aircraft itslef (integration requires little design changes)

Sallam

Whats the actual max speed of the JF 17 Thunder?
I have read in some places that it is 1.8 mach but in other sources it says 1.6 mach..

Could you please clarify.

Thanks in Advance.

Sallam

Whats the actual max speed of the JF 17 Thunder?
I have read in some places that it is 1.8 mach but in other sources it says 1.6 mach..

Could you please clarify.

Thanks in Advance.
Thunder's Proto type 01, 02 and 03 are Mach 1.6 limited but the new DSI technology used in '04 increases its subsoinc and supersoinc speed(1.8 Mach):)

Sallam,

So the max speed is 1.8 mach now, Masha-Allah, this is excellent news.

Thanxs

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom