What's new

Some players may not be ‘comfortable’ touring Pakistan, says Australian skipper

How about if am of Pakistan origin (3rd gen) in NZ?....Is it easy to identify Pakistanis from their English or do you call all Non-native English speaking persons as Indians?
So u do admit u r non native english speaker. 🤣

Question is who is asking them, They are behaving like Indians now, they themself declared their intention to coming to Pakistan and now some players may not want to come....Like Indians, dont fight if there is a chance of loosing and declare yourself better.

This is what happens each time. Their boards arrange and announce tour. A minute after the announcement you always have a group of players announcing their own agenda.

Instead of celebrating the announcement Pakistan should immediately tell the opposing cricket board that it won't tolerate naysayers. You either fulfil your commitment or don't come at all.

They will abort the tour

Why announce it in the first place? They wonder why Pakistan gets upset.

This is a deliberate attempt to make Pakistan look bad. Their cricket boards always announce their willingness to tour Pakistan and backtrack afterwards.

Pakistan should tell these cricket boards to sort out their internal mess first before announcing anything.
And your pcb will go bankrupt...players will not get their salaries....its easier said than done.
No country is dying to play pakistan as series against them dont get much money...even if you choose to not play against goras, they hardly care....its you who want them for your board's revenue...they dont need you....that's the harsh reality.

So, tell your Anglo-Saxon friends not to announce their willingness to tour Pakistan. We are not holding a gun to their head to tour Pakistan.

On the one hand you lecture Pakistanis that no Anlgo-Saxon nation is willing to play cricket with Pakistan, yet all announcements are always made by the same countries. Your point of view is conflicted.

LOL Pakistan was supposed to be blacklisted by FATF. Pakistan wasn't even supposed to exist by now according to you and your hateful friends. Yet here we are curry boy.

Last edited:
LAHORE: Australian captain Tim Paine Tuesdays said that some players may feel uncomfortable while travelling to Pakistan for the planned tour next year.

A day earlier, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had shared the details of Australia's tour of Pakistan, scheduled to take place in March-April next year.

Tim Paine's Australian side is scheduled to visit Pakistan and take on the Men in Green for three Test matches, an equal number ODIs and one T20 in 2022.

The tour, however, will go ahead only after security clearance is issued.

Australian captain Tim Paine spoke to Australian radio station SEN and admitted that some players may not be 100% on board with touring Pakistan.

'Some guys will be happy to take the experts’ advice'

"There’ll be some guys who will be happy to take the experts’ advice and others will want to know a bit more,” Paine said. "If we’re totally honest, there might be some people who aren’t comfortable going regardless.

Paine admitted that there will be "issues that will, I’m sure, pop up."

He said the team will discuss the subject and hopefully, get the right answers. "Hopefully, we will get the best team we can," he said, adding that the decision to either go or not go to Pakistan rests with an individual, instead of the team.

Pain delved into his experience of touring Pakistan in 2017, when he was part of the World XI team that played in an exhibition series in Pakistan.

The Australian captain admitted he was reassured but also "unnerved" at the same time, with Pakistan's security officials taking extraordinary measures, such as having choppers fly above the team's bus.

"The security that we had on that tour was unlike anything that I’ve ever seen in my life,” Paine said. "We had helicopters overhead, roads shut down five kilometres around us, checkpoints like every kilometre into the ground, it was extraordinary.

"The fact you’re seeing it and thinking to yourself it may be necessary can be a bit unnerving, but at the same time to see the planning and execution of it, with literally a couple of choppers above your bus 20-30 metres above your head was comforting but also unnerving at the same time," he added.

Schedule for Australia's tour of Pakistan

The Australian cricket team will arrive in March next year in Pakistan and play a full cricket series till April next year.

The first Test match between the two sides will be played from March 3 in Karachi while the second Test will be played from March 12-16 in Rawalpindi.

The teams will then play a third Test match from March 21-25 in Lahore.

The Tests will be played as part of the ICC World Test Championship, while the ODIs will be connected to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League – a 13-team event from which the seven highest-placed sides and the hosts, India, will qualify directly for the event proper in 2023.

All four white-ball matches of the series will take place in Lahore from March 29 to April 5, confirmed the PCB.

This will be the first time that an Australian side will be visiting Pakistan to play a cricket series here after 24 years.

The last time an Australian squad played a series in Pakistan was in 1998 when Mark Taylor led them to a 1-0 series victory – their first since Richie Benaud’s side defeated Fazal Mahmood’s team by 2-0 in the 1959-60 series. Between the two series, Pakistan hosted Australia in 1964-65 (drew 0-0), 1979-80 (won 1-0), 1982-83 (won 3-0), 1988-89 (won 1-0) and 1994-95 (won 1-0).

This white privilege is so cancerous

Wtf....I just spent 7 years in Pakistan...what a load of crap. Lahore Airport is no different to any other airport in the world...infact a lot better than Heathrow.
Spend money and upgrade don't fly economy. Stay away if you are so toffee nosed. Pakistan doesn't need you.
And Australia is a land of criminals...who cares if they don't come. Hope we hammer them
Lahore airport is the worst airport I have ever been to, it's layout and services are badly laid out the staff are super unhelpful specially if you are flying with PIA - I can go in more detail if you want. In fact Multan with it's two gates is better managed and staff super helpful compared to Lahore. FYI I think you missed the point my previous post was deep fried in sarcasm.

Lahore airport is the worst airport I have ever been to, it's layout and services are badly laid out the staff are super unhelpful specially if you are flying with PIA - I can go in more detail if you want. In fact Multan with it's two gates is better managed and staff super helpful compared to Lahore. FYI I think you missed the point my previous post was deep fried in sarcasm.
Bhai you must have had a bad experience.. been through lahore Airport several times on domestic and international flights. My experience was absolutely fine. So an incident isn't the norm. Regarding helpful....Pakistanis don't understand customer service at all

That's quite a far cry from the time he was Kaho na pyar hey. At that time he mostly posted negative Indian news.

I guess it's the modus operandi of most Indian trolls. In the beginning they make a lot of posts criticizing India then bam! When they reckon the time is right they start showing their true colours
They work like professional propagandists.

Bhai you must have had a bad experience.. been through lahore Airport several times on domestic and international flights. My experience was absolutely fine. So an incident isn't the norm. Regarding helpful....Pakistanis don't understand customer service at all
Not one incident - pretty much every time I have been through Lahore there has been one or another incident that in other airports or countries would be totally unacceptable. I am just hoping more flights resume to Multan I have a home slap bang in the middle of Lahore and Multan so I can use either.

LAHORE: Australian captain Tim Paine Tuesdays said that some players may feel uncomfortable while travelling to Pakistan for the planned tour next year.

A day earlier, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had shared the details of Australia's tour of Pakistan, scheduled to take place in March-April next year.

Tim Paine's Australian side is scheduled to visit Pakistan and take on the Men in Green for three Test matches, an equal number ODIs and one T20 in 2022.

The tour, however, will go ahead only after security clearance is issued.

Australian captain Tim Paine spoke to Australian radio station SEN and admitted that some players may not be 100% on board with touring Pakistan.

'Some guys will be happy to take the experts’ advice'

"There’ll be some guys who will be happy to take the experts’ advice and others will want to know a bit more,” Paine said. "If we’re totally honest, there might be some people who aren’t comfortable going regardless.

Paine admitted that there will be "issues that will, I’m sure, pop up."

He said the team will discuss the subject and hopefully, get the right answers. "Hopefully, we will get the best team we can," he said, adding that the decision to either go or not go to Pakistan rests with an individual, instead of the team.

Pain delved into his experience of touring Pakistan in 2017, when he was part of the World XI team that played in an exhibition series in Pakistan.

The Australian captain admitted he was reassured but also "unnerved" at the same time, with Pakistan's security officials taking extraordinary measures, such as having choppers fly above the team's bus.

"The security that we had on that tour was unlike anything that I’ve ever seen in my life,” Paine said. "We had helicopters overhead, roads shut down five kilometres around us, checkpoints like every kilometre into the ground, it was extraordinary.

"The fact you’re seeing it and thinking to yourself it may be necessary can be a bit unnerving, but at the same time to see the planning and execution of it, with literally a couple of choppers above your bus 20-30 metres above your head was comforting but also unnerving at the same time," he added.

Schedule for Australia's tour of Pakistan

The Australian cricket team will arrive in March next year in Pakistan and play a full cricket series till April next year.

The first Test match between the two sides will be played from March 3 in Karachi while the second Test will be played from March 12-16 in Rawalpindi.

The teams will then play a third Test match from March 21-25 in Lahore.

The Tests will be played as part of the ICC World Test Championship, while the ODIs will be connected to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League – a 13-team event from which the seven highest-placed sides and the hosts, India, will qualify directly for the event proper in 2023.

All four white-ball matches of the series will take place in Lahore from March 29 to April 5, confirmed the PCB.

This will be the first time that an Australian side will be visiting Pakistan to play a cricket series here after 24 years.

The last time an Australian squad played a series in Pakistan was in 1998 when Mark Taylor led them to a 1-0 series victory – their first since Richie Benaud’s side defeated Fazal Mahmood’s team by 2-0 in the 1959-60 series. Between the two series, Pakistan hosted Australia in 1964-65 (drew 0-0), 1979-80 (won 1-0), 1982-83 (won 3-0), 1988-89 (won 1-0) and 1994-95 (won 1-0).

4 million indians recently died from covid-19 yet some of them are more concerned with who is or isn't touring Pakistan for cricket..........gangu IQ for you.......... :disagree::

And your pcb will go bankrupt...players will not get their salaries....its easier said than done.
No country is dying to play pakistan as series against them dont get much money...even if you choose to not play against goras, they hardly care....its you who want them for your board's revenue...they dont need you....that's the harsh reality.

Only bankrupt ones are those where 4 million of their own people died from coronavirus as they can't afford the medicine to save them....... :azn::

Not one incident - pretty much every time I have been through Lahore there has been one or another incident that in other airports or countries would be totally unacceptable. I am just hoping more flights resume to Multan I have a home slap bang in the middle of Lahore and Multan so I can use either.
Well I hope the service gets better and that's something we can all agree upon. No one wants to go home after a long flight and experience something bad. Make dua for yourself your family me and Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom