What's new

what is the status for aam production in Pakistan?

Suprisingly this would be major news, bbut only indian online newspaper reported it.

Be sure, Pakistan has not developed any standoff missile. It has only bought it from US.

Well you should ask the Indian jounalist who reported this, and this isnt the only source out there, there are other news groups reporting a similar report.

If you want to believe that pakistan has the capability to develop JSOW then fine by me.

I guarentee it wont be used in any war though lol, apart from the ones with the made in america stamp.

That was concluded with some forumers but other sources continue to call it an air to air missile.

After having gone back and forth with various people and then finally speaking to an insider very close to the program, I can confirm that H2/H4 are standoff PGMs for use against ground targets. The Mirage IIIs (ROSEIIs) are considered to be very potent strike aircraft in the PAF service for certain reasons. ;)

PAF has tested other BVR solutions, but until the arrival of SD-10/AIM-120C5, we do not have a fleet wide BVRAAM.

AGM-154 JSOW is only for use by the F-16s and we received these munitions in 2006. Overall PAF's Air-to-surface capability is in a very decent shape in terms of PGM availability and more orders awaited. The one major issue has been the BVRAAM issue, but that capability too in the near future (inshallah) will be operationalized.

If you want to believe that pakistan has the capability to develop JSOW then fine by me.

I guarentee it wont be used in any war though lol, apart from the ones with the made in america stamp.

No Pakistan does not have the capability to produce JSOW since US would not part with such technology that easily, however PAC has been working on A2G munitions and PGMs for some time now in conjunction with the PAF. We do have certain other solutions aside from the US ones.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom