Using pixels I have taken two JF-17 side views and estimated the diameter of the radar dome/cover. I got 850mm from one photo and 880 from another.
Here is how:
- I cropped the photo so I more or less capture the height = 4.77m
- You will notice this gave me 303 pixel
- 303 pixels for 4.77m = 1.574257 cm/pixel
- I then adjusted my cropping tool just to catch the height (diameter) of the radar dome = 56 pixels.
- 56 pixel x 1.57427 cm/pixel = 88.16cm
Allowing for clearances and material thickness I believe the JF-17 could have a radar antena of over 700mm.
This could easily explain how the KLJ-10 meant for the J-10 (700mm diameter) fitted in the JF-17.