Islamabad—Following urgent steps have been taken by the Prime Minister of Azad Jammu and Kashmir Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan to sensitize the international community as well as mobilizing domestic political environment:
1. The Prime Minister moved for an urgent exclusive AJK Assembly session on ***, seeking parliamentary parties in-House consensus to respond to the deteriorating *** situation
2. Announced holding of APCs – one on Kashmiri political level in Muzaffarabad and other on national level in Islamabad in the first week of October, 2010.
3. He sent urgent communications to the Islamabad-based ambassadors of permanent member-countries of the US Security Council.
4. Has sought time from the Islamabad-based embassies to lead Kashmiri delegation to brief the ambassadors on *** deteriorating situation.
5. He is leading a Kashmiri delegation for participation in the annual meetings of the OIC Foreign Ministers in the UN headquarters in New York on September 22 and 24, 2010.
6. Announced public protests/rallies on Friday, September 17, 2010 by Kashmiris in and outside of the country to demonstrate solidarity with the struggling Kashmiris in ***.
7. Arranging truckloads of food aid for occupied Kashmir through the agency of International Red Cross Committee. The consignments can pass through agreed crossing points on the Line of Control. The food will be distributed irrespective of religious/political affiliations as a 5-month long curfew has driven the occupied Kashmiris to the brink of starvation.
8. Arranging a special food aid flotilla for ***. That will also pass through agreed crossing points.
9. Has sent appeals to the Islamabad-based ambassadors of five permanent member countries of the UN Security Council drawing their attention towards worsening situation of human rights, Kashmir youth killings by the Indian Death Squads under the garb of Indian army sent specially by New Delhi to ***.
10. Gave TV interviews to emphasize to the national and international communities to speak against Indian savagery in ***.
11. Launched international appeals for urgent probe into the killings of innocent Kashmiri youth by the Indian Death Squads in ***.
12. Moved the Kashmiri-origin parliamentary members of the European countries to lodge criminal cases against India in the International Court of Justice.