What do you guys think about the Talk show hosts and their affiliations with political party's and groups?
1. Dr Shahid Masood -
I think he's a closet backer of the establishment, since he never criticizes or exposes the corrupt generals, he's always after other parties, particularly the PPP. Who knows he might have a soft corner for Jamat e Islami?? But one thing is for sure that he seems to be an honest fellow. His voice makes he sound like a depressed teenager with suicidal tendencies...But is he really a doctor?
2. Hamid Mir
- I think he's one of the genuine n seasoned journalists in Pakistan. It's apparent that he's a staunch anti-dictator journalist and i personally like him. Apparently he does seem to have a soft corner for Baynazir's PPP, as he spends hours talking to the President Zardari sometimes. But never exposes their corruption so openly.
3. Javed Choudhry
- I find him pretty annoying for his open bias against everyone but the Sharif Brothers which is quite visible in his shows. Listening to his butchered english accent and dented urdu coupled with his boring story tellings that he wrongly thinks mesmerizes the audience somehow, but one thing it does for sure is that it puts the allegedly corrupt guests in the back seat during the debate. His dislike for secular and corrupt parties the likes of PPP and MQM is apparent.
4. Kashif Abbassi -
This man is notoriously known for "Lagai Bujhai" as he knows how to get the best and worst out of politicians during his show. Record amount of fights between politicians have broken out during his shows. He conceals his political bias the best, but he definitely has soft corner for Shaykh Rasheed. What's admiring about this fellow is that he's not afraid to ask bold questions and put the govn't in the back seat. I find him quite interesting cuz he's always bringing something new to the table and exposing weaknesses of the hosts.
5. Sana Bucha
- She's there for her looks and support for the Sharif brothers. A die hard and closet supporter of the Sharif Brothers. She makes the Sharif brothers look so innocent and nice that they only opt to join her talk shows. Pretty much all interviews of the Sharif family have been recorded by her. I have come up with a nick name for her - Sharif's Angel . Enough said.
6. Mubashar Luqman
- Two words describe him best: Brave and Batameez. He's not afraid to ask any kind of questions, knows how to put down his own guests with rude jokes, exposes everyone so well except MQM. he's a huge MQM defender, mind you he would risk his job for MQM. Never seen him criticize MQM and expose their violent side. With his big mouth he knows how to chew the corruption of PPP government officials, he respects the honest people openly and disrespects the corrupt - except MQM. Though no fond of the religious parties or religious talk... I wonder where he got the 2 karore sports car from?
7. Kamran Shahid
- big opportunist. One day he'll be praising Imran Khan, the next day he'll be on the anti-Imran bandwagon. What does that say? Well you can conclude he's a Rent-a-host. But one must admit he brings interesting and bold issues to the table, for ex he loves talking about sexual harrasment, I guess the poor lad probably missed the opportunity to flirt in University. An expert at setting up a religious vs secular liberal clash in his shows by bringing his favourite Mufti Kavi Sahab from a Fatwa Factory on board.
One smart thing about this fellow is that he chooses his topics and guests so wisely and knows what questions stir up a good debate. Pretty impartial it seems as he has no soft corner for any party, but Veena Malik for sure...
8. Meher Bukhari
- A highly critical loud voice makes her show a lot more interesting for some, annoying for others. She deserves an award for her loudness and her proficiency in Urdu - it will put your Urdu to shame. She is loud and clever, with her long tongue knows how to slap the over zealous hosts back in their seats and push their buttons. Someones gotta ask her when is she going to stop hanging out with Africanics at the prime minister house with PPP ministers?
- the Notorious blabber. blah blah blah...yell...pitched in high tone..blah blah.
Does anyone have a clue what the topic of her show is all about? I just lose my ears to her screams. Jasmeen auntie should make roti's, not talk shows. I would watch her cooking show with great enthusiasm.
Add more talk show hosts taht i missed. What do you guys have to say? Throw in your 50 paisas