Originally Posted by Growler
Bro, T-129 production phrase has been divided two section... First one is called Tuc-1 for first 30 T-129 Helicopter containing;
# Indigenous mission computer
# Indigenous EW and countermeasures
# Aselsan AselFLIR-300
# Foreign helmet-mounted cueing system (either Elbit or Thales)
# Foreign missile
Tuc-2 is going to contain;
* Indigenous mission computer
* Indigenous EW and countermeasures
* Aselsan AselFLIR-300
* Aselsan AVCI helmet-mounted cueing system
* Roketsan UMTAS missile
* Roketsan Cirit Laser guided 2.75"
*Turkish Long bow radar
so We are going to see first Turkish MMW radar After 30th T-129 will be produced...
how does a combat chopper without this radar process targets? is it mainly optronics that detects?
Yes, Bro It is mainly defended on optical systems to detect targets without radars...
Specifications of T-129 MMW radar...
General System Features:
• Ka band millimetre wave radar
• 8 km range, precise azimuth and range resolution
• Multi function system:
• Pulse Doppler Mode,
• Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) mode,
• Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) mode,
• Terrain Profiling mode.
• Detection of stationary and moving targets on land and in the air
• Target classification
• Target tracking and weapons engagement
• SAR/ISAR image generation
• Terrain profiling to allow safe navigation
• National system-algorithm design, national software and hardware development.