a Nuke exploding 180 kms from firing position! this is more like a tactical suicide missile!!
but good reply to india for testing Barhamos!
This is obviously validation testing of new control laws and guidance package. Notice:
1. the new heavy RV along the lines of the new Shaheen1
2. the absence of fins on the RV (which shouldn't really be an RV since it shouldn't leave the atm)
3. the new shape of the fins on the gassy end of the rocket. Small change, big difference in handling characteristics.
4. two cable pipes instead of one (although it could've been two all along) for sending control signals to fin-control actuators.
I don't see the need to make a small, low-cost, battlefield-range-only missile more sophisticated and costly than it needs be. Improve the Shaheen2 if you want to make that kind of effort.
Look at our existing range of Shaheen
We are doing the right thing and we just need to focus on stealth and supersonic capabilities.
The only missile i'm concerned right now in Indian arsenal is the Brahmos. We need to develop something to counter that as soon as possible.
Last edited by cb4; 03-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Satellite tracking and capability to shoot satellites should be the next priority..
Thats the only way Pakistan can slow down and disrupt an onslaught from the Big Bully.
The existing range of Shaheen 2 is normally 2500 km but can go upto 3000 km with reduction of payloads ...
Who made this map though ?
Can Abdali be used as a tactical warhead like Nasr? It looks like a BRBM. Anyway congrats to PAK on the successful test. Can some
friends tell about the developments in Shaheen 3 & gauri 3?
* Amazing we never spill our coffee but a 10 minute missile flight and suddenly the Earth takes your target miles away!
Here is to Pakistan-Iran friendship.
P.s I dont drink wine.
Congratulations to our brother in Pakistan, hopefully you will never have to use it.
We have no reason to think otherwise.
One report did put the apogee at 600 km, but that was more of a message to somewhere than be something of use in actual combat...I think in that case too that they might've tested the max endurance of the RV to temperatures and that of the guidance package to a maximum-possible distance (guidance that works for 600km suddenly doesn't for 300km).
What makes me trust that 2000-2200 km range is the low initial acceleration of the Shaheen2.
And wAllahu a3lam!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)