I was rumaging around and saw this posted. We do have some people on here who do like the Taliban and understand their struggle. To me that is kindve understandble. I know it is deviant and wrong, but I can see some people rooting for the underdog who stood up against the mighty armies of the west and all hoorah. Now there are other people here who actually sympathize with the Taliban and their Ideology on a whole different level. These are the people that want to absorb their way of life and consider it salvation. For those of you .. I present ..
Taliban Rules, Decrees, Laws and Prohibitions
Original List of Prohibitions and Decrees, Afghanistan, 1996
By Pierre Tristam, About.com Guide
Immediately on taking over cities and communities in Afghanistan, the Taliban imposed its law, based on an interpretation of Sharia, or Islamic, law that was stricter than in any part of the Islamic world. The interpretation is at wide variance from that of most Islamic scholars.
With very minimal changes, what follows are the Taliban rules, decrees and prohibitions as posted in Kabul and elsewhere in Afghanistan beginning in November and December 1996, and as translated from Dari by Western non-governmental agencies. The grammar and syntax follows the original.
Those rules still prevail wherever the Taliban is in control--in vast parts of Afghanistan or in Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
On Women and Families
Decree announced by the General Presidency of Amr Bil Maruf and Nai As Munkar (Taliban Religious Police), Kabul, November 1996.
Women you should not step outside your residence. If you go outside the house you should not be like women who used to go with fashionable clothes wearing much cosmetics and appearing in front of every men before the coming of Islam.
Islam as a rescuing religion has determined specific dignity for women, Islam has valuable instructions for women. Women should not create such opportunity to attract the attention of useless people who will not look at them with a good eye. Women have the responsibility as a teacher or coordinator for her family. Husband, brother, father have the responsibility for providing the family with the necessary life requirements (food, clothes etc). In case women are required to go outside the residence for the purposes of education, social needs or social services they should cover themselves in accordance with Islamic Sharia regulation. If women are going outside with fashionable, ornamental, tight and charming clothes to show themselves, they will be cursed by the Islamic Sharia and should never expect to go to heaven.
All family elders and every Muslim have responsibility in this respect. We request all family elders to keep tight control over their families and avoid these social problems. Otherwise these women will be threatened, investigated and severely punished as well as the family elders by the forces of the Religious Police (Munkrat).
The Religious Police have the responsibility and duty to struggle against these social problems and will continue their effort until evil is finished.
Hospital Rules and Prohibitions
Rules of work for the State Hospitals and private clinics based on Islamic Sharia principles. Ministry of Health, on behalf of Amir ul Momineet Mohammed Omar.
Kabul, November 1996.
1. Female patients should go to female physicians. In case a male physician is needed, the female patient should be accompanied by her close relative.
2. During examination, the female patients and male physicians both will be dressed with Islamic hijab.
3. Male physicians should not touch or see the other parts of female patients except for the affected part.
4. Waiting room for female patients should be safely covered.
5. The person who regulates turn for female patients should be a woman.
6. During the night duty, in what rooms which female patients are hospitalized, the male doctor without the call of the patient is not allowed to enter the room.
7. Sitting and speaking between male and female doctors are not allowed. If there be need for discussion, it should be done with hijab.
8. Female doctors should wear simple clothes, they are not allowed stylish clothes or use of cosmetics or make-up.
9. Female doctors and nurses are not allowed to enter the rooms where male patients are hospitalized.
10. Hospital staff should pray in mosques on time.
11. The Religious Police are allowed to go for control at any time and nobody can prevent them.
Anybody who violates the order will be punished as per Islamic regulations.
General Rules and Prohibitions
General Presidency of Amr Bil Maruf. Kabul, December 1996.
1. To prevent sedition and female uncovers (Be Hejabi). No drivers allowed to pick up women who are using Iranian burqa. In case of violation the driver will be imprisoned. If such kind of female are observed in the street their house will be found and their husband punished. If the women use stimulating and attractive cloth and there is no accompany of close male relative with them, the drivers should not pick them up.
2. To prevent music. To be broadcasted by the public information resources. In shops, hotels, vehicles and rickshaws cassettes and music are prohibited. This matter should be monitored within five days. If any music cassette found in a shop, the shopkeeper should be imprisoned and the shop locked. If five people guarantee the shop should be opened the criminal released later. If cassette found in the vehicle, the vehicle and the driver will be imprisoned. If five people guarantee the vehicle will be released and the criminal released later.
3. To prevent beard shaving and its cutting. After one and a half months, if anyone is observed who has shaved and/or cut his beard, they should be arrested and imprisoned until their beard gets bushy.
4. To prevent keeping pigeons and playing with birds. Within ten days this habit/hobby should stop. After ten days this should be monitored and the pigeons and any other playing birds should be killed.
5. To prevent kite-flying. The kite shops in the city should be abolished.
6. To prevent idolatry. In vehicles, shops, hotels, room and any other places, pictures and portraits should be abolished. The monitors should tear up all pictures in the above places.
7. To prevent gambling. In collaboration with the security police the main centers should be found and the gamblers imprisoned for one month.
8. To eradicate the use of narcotics. Addicts should be imprisoned and investigation made to find the supplier and the shop. The shop should be locked and the owner and user should be imprisoned and punished.
9. To prevent the British and American hairstyle. People with long hair should be arrested and taken to the Religious Police department to shave their hair. The criminal has to pay the barber.
10. To prevent interest on loans, charge on changing small denomination notes and charge on money orders. All money exchangers should be informed that the above three types of exchanging the money should be prohibited. In case of violation criminals will be imprisoned for a long time.
11. To prevent washing cloth by young ladies along the water streams in the city. Violator ladies should be picked up with respectful Islamic manner, taken to their houses and their husbands severely punished.
12. To prevent music and dances in wedding parties. In the case of violation the head of the family will be arrested and punished.
13. To prevent the playing of music drum. The prohibition of this should be announced. If anybody does this then the religious elders can decide about it.
14. To prevent sewing ladies cloth and taking female body measures by tailor. If women or fashion magazines are seen in the shop the tailor should be imprisoned.
15. To prevent sorcery. All the related books should be burnt and the magician should be imprisoned until his repentance.
16. To prevent not praying and order gathering pray at the bazaar. Prayer should be done on their due times in all districts. Transportation should be strictly prohibited and all people are obliged to go to the mosque. If young people are seen in the shops they will be immediately imprisoned.
After I read these guidelines provided, I could not help but shuffle through other articles and see how the Taliban would break their own guidelines and totally cut off the female workforce even after these stringent rules. They even took away what little they had given in 1996. Sit and think from the luxury of your chair as you prepare to reply about what part of these guidelines would you agree or disagree with. If you voice your opinion and choose to say all those guidelines are something you are willing to follow and that is what Islam has preached, I am sure you will find a spot where these rules are being followed to the letter. All you have to do is stop being a hypocrite and get up and move to your salvation. I can point you in the right direction as to where those particular places are. Not like you wouldnt know. I just want to make sure you get there. I do not want you to weep at night in your comfortable bed and cry about the plight of the rest of the muslim ummah. You can make a difference in your life and the lives of others just like you. That being said, now to the others who think some parts are okay and when we get Taliban Shariah rule we will be able to change some of these laws by voting or telling them that they are insane. Thats not happening. You will eat the pudding and you will nod your head that it tastes good.
The Taliban War on Women Continues | Human Rights Watch