This thread is intended to share ideas for maintaining a PERMANENT civilian blockade of NATO supply routes through Pakistan.
It is not intended to debate the blockade itself -- if you disagree with the blockade, please avoid this thread.
We know that the politicians will reopen the routes once the heat is off; already they are backtracking from earlier claims of a 'permanent' blockade to a '10 day' blockade now. The military will also be under pressure to deescalate the situation. Therefore, it is up to civilians to enforce a permanent blockade.
- Green ribbon campaign to raise awareness and funds (PTI, college campuses).
- Set up a fund to support volunteers (expats can help).
- 24/7 webcam at each crossing site (Pakistani web server).
- Enlist national media to promote and monitor the blockade.
- Celebrity endorsements for the campaign.