My questions are as follows.
1. You have maintained that Zia,s death was arranged. Why was it so necessary and what was gained by it? In your view who gained the most out of it.
2. You ran the ISI Afghanistan op following gen. Akhter Abdul Rehman. What differences in your view were there between the two of you in the running of the op, what did you change and why?
3. the military has intervened in Pakistani politics quite a few times. Do you think it has been good for the country or not? please elaborate.
4. Military has in its governance not developed the institutions of judiciary and other national institutions to stand up as individual independant bodies. Was it another way to keep the country dependant on the military ?
5. What has been the role of all the aid in the development of Pakistan. If the military junta is so patriotic, why have they not refused the Aid and allowed the nation to stand on its own feet?
6. You have commanded a fair amount of respect amongst the masses. Why have you not translated your movement into a political one?
7. Afghanistan continues to burn. What is the answer in your view and why was theZia administration not able to carry it out?
8. What were the most significant successes andfailure of your career?
9 Do you see the evolution of the political setup in pakistan as the only way out of the quagmire that Pakistan is in or what else do you suggest.
10. You have been critical of the Army operations in NWFP. What in your view is the answer/solution to the problem.
11. the Baluchistan insurgency-- Is there a foreign hand and if so what is the solution for it?
12. What in your view is the solution to the Kashmir crisis and how do you see the situation evolving over the next decade or 2? Will there be an independant kashmir . Will Pakistan benefit from it or not? Would India benefit from it in any way?
13. Many military acquisitions have been tainted with charges of kickbacks and corruption? What are the reasons and what do you see as a practical solution to the problem?.
14. Do you think Gen.musharraf should be made to answer to the courts for his illegal acts? What would be your charge sheet against him?