What's new

2019 Quality of living ranking of 231 cities around the world

Islamabad is at 194 which is way too low. Islamabad is a state of the art city which is very well planned and organised. Crimes are lesser than washington D.C and islamabad is safer than washington too. Other than that islamabad is second most beautiful capital in the world. Administrative bodies are also effecient and political situation is also most of the time stable. So islamabad needs to be much lower in the ranking,this lost seems to be quite perceptive and clouded.

Cities are not prosperous on the basis of shiny buildings and roads only - numerous factors are important to consider while assessing them. I am sure that Islamabad will achieve a good rank in a strictly BEAUTY CONTEST.

The quality of living a city offers to its inhabitants and potential newcomers - is the bottomline. Does the city provide you numerous services for FREE or you have to pay for everything?

Vancouver at rank 3. Great! We have a friendly squabble with our friends down under!
Yo @TruthTheOnlyDefense , seems like this year was year of van-city. Better luck for Melbourne next time!

72. Detroit, United States

Yeesh!! The world after 72 must really really be hurting..

That seems to include all cities in Asia except for Singapore, Hong King, and a bunch in Japan. Rest lower than Detroit?? All of South Korea and China?? Yikes!

Last edited:
Vancouver at rank 3. Great! We have a friendly squabble with our friends down under!
Yo @TruthTheOnlyDefense , seems like this year was year of van-city. Better luck for Melbourne next time!

We will get there again, Melbourne has been rated the most livable city in the world for the last 7 years in a row, you my friends have a long way to do to equal us.

My home city (Auckland) is equal third with Munich. Interesting, I would guess we score highly on recreation and social factors as well as environment.

I read somewhere that Auckland is statistically the most cosmopolitan city in the world. Everybody seems to be represented here. Just in my neighborhood there are people from Chile, US, China, Philippines, Colombia, Iraq, South Africa, Ukraine, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India and some Pacifac Islanders. That's just on one street. When you get around the city you run into people from so many different countries. My gym is like a mini united nations.

I vote for Australia in general because they have the most incredible Golden orb weaver spiders

I vote for Australia in general because they have the most incredible Golden orb weaver spiders

I almost walked right into one of those when I was living in Perth. Don't know how I managed to miss it, the web stretched across the entire width of my friends backyard.

I almost walked right into one of those when I was living in Perth. Don't know how I managed to miss it, the web stretched across the entire width of my friends backyard.

I think they are such incredible creatures. I’ve been practically binge watching YouTube videos about them in their natural environment.

Their webs are so incredibly powerful

I think they are such incredible creatures. I’ve been practically binge watching YouTube videos about them in their natural environment.

Their webs are so incredibly powerful
Try being startled by a Maasaive huntsman from behind a curtain ... there are only few things in the world that remind you Scaringly that you are made of bone and flesh. This is one them

Melbourne should be in the top 6 no way we are so low, we have won the most livable city in the world the last 7 years, what a joke of a rankings.

Melbourne should be in the top 6 no way we are so low, we have won the most livable city in the world the last 7 years, what a joke of a rankings.

Different rankings. One is from Mercer, another from EIU.

image-20160811-18037-1dg8svi.png

Back
Top Bottom