What's new

6 trillion barrels oil in Baluchistan?

MOSABJA

Reaction score
I have read on many places that the estimated oil potential of Baluchistan is 6 trillion barrels oil. ON SHORE and OFFSHORE.
Environment News Service, 27 October 2006

This was also mentioned by Geological survey of pakistan.

source.

Business Recorder [Pakistan's First Financial Daily]

Prime Minister Mir Zafarullah Jamali to Inaugurate International Conference on Investment Opportunities in Balochistan Tomorrow
Could it be possible?????

Even Saudi Arab has estimated 1.02 trillion barrels oil and some proven 250 billion barrels oil.

How can pakistan have such a large estimates.

is it for real!!!!!!!

Another source mentions Pakistans estimated on shore oil reserves to be 27 billion barrels oil .

source

Pakistan.Gov.pk - The Official Web Gateway to the Government of Pakistan

In both cases the reserves are pretty much large.

Yes i think there is oil there for sure umm do i think its that much lol dont know ?? but in anycase why would they lie then again in our country anything goes as well but if there is such a amount then GOD bless !!!!!!!!

pak news reports always exaggerate i'm sure theres a little but no way theres that much.If there was potential for so much major oil companies would have known first and been all over pak long ago.

This is not true. But we have second largest resersve of coal and we still have to import it.

If our puppet politicians like Aitezaz or Ns or Zardari,, let something happen...then only we can do some progress, otherwise their usual propaganda and destabilising country programme is switched on for now.

I feel disturbed hearing this because some pessimistic conclusions loom in my head:

* What if this is true and this is the reason the USA invaded Afghanistan, so it could steal Balochistan and prevent Pakistan from earning $100 billion a year in oil revenue? Imagine how incredibly powerful Pakistan could become with that kind of money injected each year in pure profits. National debt paid off forever in 6 months!

* What if even Pakistan's allies Saudi Arabia and UAE have made a secret deal with the USA to help steal Balochistan away. They can argue with the USA that look guys, Pakistan has 160 million people so you can be guaranteed they will spend all their money on themselves but Balochistan is tiny like we guys so if we all get together and break up pakistan in three or four pieces then we can all share the loot and rip off the Baloch people by putting some puppets in power.

I mean look at all these strange maps that keep showing up that have an independent Balochistan nation. This independent nation would have a tiny population of 10 million if you added Irani Balochistan, Pakistani Balochistan and some of Afghan Balochistan. 10 million people only and so much oil means a weak nation with no protection which will have puppets install who will make sure all the wealth is looted.

Why is there no talk from Nawaz Sharif, Zardari, Musharaff or even the transitional president about developing Baloch oil? Have they been bribed or blackmailed to keep quiet about this great potential? Are they all puppets? Why did Musharaff not try to develop any oil since 1999? Who was stopping him?

pak news reports always exaggerate i'm sure theres a little but no way theres that much.If there was potential for so much major oil companies would have known first and been all over pak long ago.

First of all its not a news report but a report of Geological survey of pakistan.

Yes surveys cannot be hundred percent accurate and they cannot be depended upon.

But surveys are based on geo location.Pakistan as located on the place where three plates Indian,eurassian,Arabian.The places where these plates collide are also rich in minerals.

More over the satellite imagery and other techniques makes it possible to guess resources.

So even if we consider 5 % of 6 trillion barrels oil then even that is 300 billion barrels oil are very high.

Besides it we have REKODIQ reserves.Where there are at least 2 billion tons gold where each ton is sold at 5000 $.So the alone are worth of 10 trillion $.

Thats the reason US is supporting BLA and it wants to occupy that.

Such amount of oil is may be not possible but there is a serious amount of oil we have.

Guys!
Why we are reactive? I mean we don’t have our thoughts we always keep considering foreign reports and their silly imaginations. We should have our agenda like I personally believe that we should gain control of eastern Afghanistan there are many natural resources there but I haven’t seen any productive or national policy from any Pakistani political party they all are just busy in motivating people to fight. :undecided:

I doubt if this report is true.. oil producing countries(Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Qatar) in Persian gulf have a combined reserve of 750 billion barrels of oil which is about 50% of the total oil reserves(proven) in the world.

But if it is indeed true then the solution to global energy crisis has been found. Pakistan alone can service the fuel to the rest of the world for the next 500 years.

Even if there's 5% of that amount in Pakistan, we have to find out, and drill it ASAP.

I'm sure there is something, an amount significant enough to benefit Pakistan in the short-medium term.

Even if there's 5% of that amount in Pakistan, we have to find out, and drill it ASAP.

I'm sure there is something, an amount significant enough to benefit Pakistan in the short-medium term.

5% of 6 trillion would be 300 billion barrels more than the existing reserves of Saudi Arabia(250 billion barrel). Usually 20% of oil is lost in the offshore operations but still would leave a significant amount.

I also say that its not true.

But considering the geographical location of balochistan and specially the north of arabian sea the baloch coastal line.

The way it is situated on different plates.

I think there should be oil and there must be.Right now only 2 % of Balochistan is explored.

6 TRILLION BARRELS is an OVER ESTIMATE.

I put it b/w 30 billion and 200 billion barrels oil.

But even thats quite large

The problem with Pakistan is that we have not explored our land and off Shore assets properly and resource developement activities are Nil because of Unstable Economy. Major Players in Oil only come forward when Exploration Studies are conducted in a allocated area by GOP. Pakistan has a vast Potential of Oil and to date 833 Million Barrels of Oil reserve are there. But it is only 5% of the exploration conducted on the In and OFF Shore areas.

Oil Exploration is not a child's Play but requires a open resource developement and Energy policy to make Private Companies and Investors to take interest and requires consistency in policy which pakistan lacks since it came into being.

Pakistan contains two sedimentary basins: Indus in the east and Balochistan in the west.The Indus basin has received sediments from precambrian until Recent, albeit with breaks.It has been producing hydrocarbons since 1914 from three main producing regions, namely, the Potwar, Sulaisman, and Kirthar.In the Potwar, oil has been discovered in Cambrian, Permian, Jurassic, and Tertiary rocks.Potential source rocks are identified in Infra-Cambrian, Permian, Paleocene, and Eocene successions, but Paleocene/Eocene Patala Formation seems to be the main source of most of the oil.In the Sulaiman, gas has been found in Cretaceous and Tertiary; condensate in Cretaceous rocks.Potential source rocks are indicated in Cretaceous, Paleocene, and Eocene successions.The Sembar Formation of Early Cretaceous age appears to be the source of gas.In the Kirthar, oil and gas have been discovered in Cretaceous and gas has been discovered in paleocene and Eocene rocks.Potential source rocks are identified in Kirthar and Ghazij formations of Eocene age in the western part.However, oil- and gas-producing Badin platform area, has recognized the Sembar Formation of Early Cretaceous age as the only source of Cretaceous oil and gas.The Balochistan basin is part of an Early Tertiary arc-trench system.The basin is inadequately explored, and there is no oil or gas discovery so far.However, potential source rocks have been identified in Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, and Pliocene successions based on geochemical analysis of surface samples.Mud volcanoes are present.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom