What's new

A new Huawei phone has defeated US chip sanctions against China

'Upset' Raimondo reassures Congress that China cannot build advanced chips 'at scale'

September 19, 2023 12:13 PM

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) inquired about the Huawei Mate 60 Pro, a mobile device with an installed 7-nanometer 5G Kirin 9000s processor. The chip surprised national security experts, who believed that China lacked the necessary tools to produce such technology due to U.S. sanctions, including ones imposed by President Joe Biden in October 2022. Raimondo said she was equally surprised.

"I was obviously upset when I saw the [Huawei announcement for the Mate 60]," Raimondo said. "The only good news I can offer is that we have no evidence they can produce 7 nanometers at scale."

Raimondo also said the Commerce Department does investigate whenever it finds evidence that companies are getting around export controls, but she declined to comment further on what investigations were underway.

'Upset' Raimondo reassures Congress that China cannot build advanced chips 'at scale'

September 19, 2023 12:13 PM

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) inquired about the Huawei Mate 60 Pro, a mobile device with an installed 7-nanometer 5G Kirin 9000s processor. The chip surprised national security experts, who believed that China lacked the necessary tools to produce such technology due to U.S. sanctions, including ones imposed by President Joe Biden in October 2022. Raimondo said she was equally surprised.

"I was obviously upset when I saw the [Huawei announcement for the Mate 60]," Raimondo said. "The only good news I can offer is that we have no evidence they can produce 7 nanometers at scale."

Raimondo also said the Commerce Department does investigate whenever it finds evidence that companies are getting around export controls, but she declined to comment further on what investigations were underway.

LOL :lol:

Wiping tears and giving themselves condolences.

Back
Top Bottom