What's new

A question about soldiers sitting in helicopters

Koovie

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I usually see soldiers sitting at the side doors of helicopters without any belts (at least as far as I can see). Is that true and if yes, wont they just fall out of the helo at the smallest change of course to the side???????

d09817e1652ab0f7e4ccf99de246dtt.jpg

They are of course trained alot. Its against the safety precautions anyway.
These guys are experienced, that after using safety belts for a while, they feel that they dont need it.

They almost always have belts attached, there are locks placed on the floor and the sides, and also the roof.

As for falling out, no you do not fall out. It is almost the same as your glass of water not spilling over while in a airplane making a turn. This is applicable for small turns and in good conditions.

For making high speed maneuvers and all that, belts are used. It is standard SOP.

But I have seen paradivers go up in the sky without any harnesses or anything, but then again they have a parachute on their back, and secondly, the helicopter does not make any sharp turns or sudden moves.

Edit: you can even see the safety harnesses attached in the pic.

They almost always have belts attached, there are locks placed on the floor and the sides, and also the roof.

As for falling out, no you do not fall out. It is almost the same as your glass of water not spilling over while in a airplane making a turn. This is applicable for small turns and in good conditions.

For making high speed maneuvers and all that, belts are used. It is standard SOP.

But I have seen paradivers go up in the sky without any harnesses or anything, but then again they have a parachute on their back, and secondly, the helicopter does not make any sharp turns or sudden moves.

Edit: you can even see the safety harnesses attached in the pic.

During ops, they wear the safety belts as there is a chance of taking rough turnes, if the heli comes under fire.
Btw i have seen, them not using belts, during normal operation anyway.

Soldier on the left is wearing a harness...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom