What's new

Aamir Liaquat Hussain's latest pearl of wisdom

sparklingway

Reaction score

aamirliaquat.png.scaled1000.png

So I can't let this slip by. The Jang/Geo group's columnist and superstar Islamic televangelist Amir Liaquat Hussain (sorry you won't be able to view the link in Pakistan without using a proxy server) has been campaigning against facebook for quite some time. But he has outdone himself in his latest Urdu column in the Jang.

He really seems to have lost his mind now. He thinks that the letter 'f' is a secret symbol representing the Christian cross. He writes (my translation):

Have you ever wondered why the 'f' in 'facebook' is not capitalised as 'F'? The answer: how else then would the cross (saleeb) be formed?!

Remember that this guy used to be the State Minister for Religious Affairs of Pakistan, and was the embodiment of "enlightened moderation" during General Musharraf's rule.

Further in the column he gets down and dirty with the raw numbers:

According to the BBC, there are a total of 469,221,000 users of facebook around the world, and its income is over a billion dollars, which means they earn an average of two and a half dollars per user. From Pakistani users, therefore, they earn approximately $5,631,282, whereas applying the rate of 47.5%, all Muslim countries combined "gift" facebook with about $517,100,000.

Please take note! Instead of repeatedly clicking on this fiendish website, if we all just close our accounts and stop visiting it altogether, then these worshippers of wealth will be forced to lick the ground.

Atrocious mathematics...

You can follow the links to read the column for yourself. He seriously has outdone himself this time. The "green sole" idiocracy didn't match this pearl of wisdom. Oh Aamir Liaquat, the fake doctor.

i am confused now, his last name contains the letter 't' this letter looks more like a cross to me than 'f'. Lol

omg English language is full of tees and eefs Help me God :undecided:

He is a funny guy :lol: - he should have said Twitter's T is a sign of Cross (Saleeb) :lol:

All Bullshit

Incredibly Stupid.
Isn't he the former Minister of Religious Affairs?

Former President Pervez Musharraf is using face book to connect with common people and his fan were growing every day. GOP doesn't like that.

I started my sentence with "F" :D

"f" is not an issue.............One can make thousands of assumptions regarding anything.............Nothing is good or bad but our thinking makes it so.,.....Lets be positive.......

here is the exact column.. and as for the 'f' issue its called reading between the lines...

he is another one from the 'Gairat Brigade' (which i too am a member of)... and the most funny thing is these bans have been appreciated by masses in pakistan, dont know why some are always offended when we stand up for our religion... anyone who is dying to update their status on facebook can go through a proxy server, for the rest of pakistan we are happy as we are!!!

Aamir Liaqut is 3 idiots in 1. what a buffoon. He should be tried for hate about what he said about the ahmediya's

Amir Liquat is a big drama! he just plays on emotions specially in Ramadan is the time when he literally takes over GEO and opens shop!!! from duaas on 27th (which btwisn't stated anywhere in the quran that 27th is the biggest night it could be any of the odd nights)!

amir liqaut observes peoples emotions and does program on it accordingly

i think hez reading dan brown :lol: or may have attended some lectures of langdon:undecided:
but one thing his belief in pagan symbology is pointing his own belief in paganism.........:rofl:
waisay hez a damn good actor..:lol:

i think hez reading dan brown :lol: or may have attended some lectures of langdon:undecided:
but one thing his belief in pagan symbology is pointing his own belief in paganism.........:rofl:
waisay hez a damn good actor..

waise i don't agree with his religious POVs but he is an impressive personality indeed. I saw him during Hajj just outside Haram Shareef when he was wearing Ahraam. The way he was speaking looked so cool to me :whistle:

But when he gave a lecture on tv about Pakistani cricket team losing matches due to green colour inside their shoes made me laugh big time :lol::lol::lol:

He is a funny boy - sometimes makes me laugh :rofl:

waise i don't agree with his religious POVs but he is an impressive personality indeed. I saw him during Hajj just outside Haram Shareef when he was wearing Ahraam. The way he was speaking looked so cool to me :whistle:

But when he gave a lecture on tv about Pakistani cricket team losing matches due to green colour inside their shoes made me laugh big time :lol::lol::lol:

He is a funny boy - sometimes makes me laugh :rofl:
yara in Haram Pak everyone is being down to earth..hez not an exception..
the point is what u do when u r away when u dont have those reminders!!
waisay acting k full marks!:lol:

Dr Liaqat Hussein is like any other TV anchor. As an individual Dr Liaqat Hussein has every right to air his view. As a TV personality; he is out to get publicity and would use all the means available to him to get higher ‘Ratings’. I don’t blame him but I would simply ignore his ranting.

Nothing new from him. he is just distracting and confusing an uneducated nation with yet more ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom