What's new

Agent Vinod banned in Pakistan

ManuZ

Reaction score
Country
India
Spy film Agent Vinod, starring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor, has been banned in Pakistan. The reason reportedly is the reference made in the film to Pakistan's spy agency, the ISI.

The Islamabad censor board feels that the storyline could hurt sentiments in Pakistan.

Viewers in Pakistan are disappointed as sales of tickets for the film have been stopped and hoardings of the films have been pulled down in most cinemas across Karachi.

After playing a simple Dalit man in Aarakshan, actor Saif Ali Khan returns as a spy in the thriller, which is releasing in India on Friday.

The movie also found itself embroiled in controversy after an Iranian music band Barobax slapped a legal notice against the makers and music composer Pritam Chakraborty for the song Pyaar Ki Pungi over copyright violation.

Later, Dinesh Vijan, the co-producer of the movie asserted that the song is an original track. Agent Vinod has been directed by Sriram Raghavan with Saif Ali Khan and Dinesh Vijan as producers.

Read more at: http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story....ord=bollywood&nid=188050&pfrom=home-movies&cp

Lol. Didn't we all expect it?

I bet no one even bought the tickets, cause they knew it would be banned. Hell, even Tere Bin Laden, a comedy movie was not allowed, no chance for Agent Vinod.

Pritam is the biggest copycat in the world. I hope that the Iranian band sue the living days out of him.
If I'll have to watch a spy movie, i'll watch the real ones from Hollywood and not substandard imitations from Copywood. :smokin:

looks like advertizing team of Agent Vinod is working overtime....nothing's ganna happen to this super flop jori called saifeena or somthing...the movie still gonna be a dudd:taz:

Hang on POPS....i dont care abt Saif/Kareena....but the director is goood , and i have hopes with the director..

Seriously who want to watch a bad charba of Agent 007 when actually James Bond movies have portrayed Pakistan in a positive light due to cold war circumstances and are very much liked in Pakistan. Indian films should be banned in total from Pakistan..expect for few like those by Salman Khan.

Pritam is the biggest copycat in the world. I hope that the Iranian band sue the living days out of him.
If I'll have to watch a spy movie, i'll watch the real ones from Hollywood and not substandard imitations from Copywood. :smokin:

I dont know if it is the right decision. There are many movies in Hollywood that portray MI6 or KGB in a villianous roles, and I think people accept them in a domain of that fiction created by the characters and the theme. Nothing to take it serious.

But on the other hand it is a fair deal. Generally no country allows films from other nations depicting a different view of it’s security agencies and national policies. India would not have allowed a similar film from Pakistan.

Lol. Didn't we all expect it?

I bet no one even bought the tickets, cause they knew it would be banned. Hell, even Tere Bin Laden, a comedy movie was not allowed, no chance for Agent Vinod.

Why the hell did they ban Tere Bin Laden? That movie was definitely not anti-Pakistan.

Seriously who want to watch a bad charba of Agent 007 when actually James Bond movies have portrayed Pakistan in a positive light due to cold war circumstances and are very much liked in Pakistan. Indian films should be banned in total from Pakistan..expect for few like those by Salman Khan.

Most Indian films are anyway watched in pirated form in Paksitan.. Take that away and there are not much options left for movie watchers (non english)

Now days Ban has no meaning...pirated movies are available everywhere...

Back
Top Bottom