What's new

Air Force Quotes

"If You start any thing with a feeling of defeat, it is better not to start, you are already beaten, anyhow"
Air Commodore Amlot (RPAF)

"If You start any thing with a feeling of defeat, it is better not to start, you are already beaten, anyhow"
Air Commodore Amlot (RPAF)

If God had intended man to fly, He would not have invented Spanish Air Traffic Control.
-- Lister, in the BBC TV series, 'Red Dwarf'

If you think Here is a master of . . . [tactics], then you will surely lose.
-- Miyamoto Musashi

Good Flying never Killed (an enemy)yet.

Major Edward Mannock, RAF
British Ace, WW-1

Fly with the head not with the Muscles. That is the way to long life for a fighter pilot. The fighter pilot who is all muscle and no head will never live long enough for a pension.

Col. Willie Batz, GAF
WW-II, 237 victories

Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle...
-- Igor Sikorsky

A joke if you guys don't mind
During the second Gulf War, I was an Air Force colonel. I routinely flew on different aircraft to familiarize myself with their capabilities. One day I was aboard an intelligence aircraft where each crew member was surrounded by complex gear.

A young major showed me his computer screen. "That's a chat screen, Sir,"
the soldier said. "We use it to relay enemy information to the crew. It's like instant messaging."

Nodding, I moved down the line. Flashing on an airman's screen several feet away was this warning:

"Heads up! The colonel's on the way!"

:)

When asked why he was referred to as 'Ace': Because during World War Two I was responsible for the destruction of six aircraft, fortunately three were enemy.
-- Captain Ray Lancaster, USAAF

When your opponent lunges at you…feign weakness. When the opponent has come in quite close, suddenly increase the distance by backing…away. Come in forcibly…and win as the opponent shows signs of slacking.

Miyamoto Musashi

Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air to air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

Captain David McCampbell, USN
34 victories WW-II

In contests of [tactics] it is bad to be led about by the enemy. You must always be able to lead the enemy about.

Miyamoto Musashi

For a plane to fly well, it must be beautiful...
-- Marcel Dassault

Back
Top Bottom