What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

You would lose..Obama cannot afford to apologize to anyone..especially Pakistan in an election year. On the contrary I would expect a hardening of attitude next year in the lead up to the presidential election.

Obama cannot afford means he will lose vote bank, In simple words he knows that majority of Americans will not like it (even if it's their fault .... not fault it's intentional act and cold blooded murder).

So - when Pakistanis generalize yankees and hate Americans than they are right

You would lose..Obama cannot afford to apologize to anyone..especially Pakistan in an election year. On the contrary I would expect a hardening of attitude next year in the lead up to the presidential election.

What President Obama cannot afford more is a further deterioration of the situation in Afghanistan and the whole operation being put in serious jeopardy.

You clearly missed my point.

You clearly missed my point.

Sorry about it..I never read the whole thread. Except the last few posts.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

What President Obama cannot afford more is a further deterioration of the situation in Afghanistan and the whole operation being put in serious jeopardy.

I don't think the lack of a personal apology from Obama will put the NATO operation in Afghanistan in serious jeopardy.

Sorry about it..I never read the whole thread. Except the last few posts.

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I don't think the lack of a personal apology from Obama will put the NATO operation in Afghanistan in serious jeopardy.

What it will do is not help relax the mood on the Pakistani side --> no talks --> no opening of the transit route --> serious problems for the the Afghan operation.

yes there are some impact on tranport and other logistical business but is it really making economic impact on Pakistan? Besides, shouldn't this transit be permanently closed for sake of security and and future direction?

US propaganda machinery will increasingly employ domestic elements to amplify their scam.

Right,....right, so the 'do more' mantra was just a hoax?

Not a hoax..more of the hardening of attitudes as the election approaches. Expect more of the
"do more mantra as we go on towards November 2012.

The american just fear loosing their own troops regardless of how many troops from other countries die in that process. Shoot and Scoot policy of uncle Sam.

With all their high tech gadgets and yet NATO forces cannot differentiate between foes and friends...... Its a crying shame....

Not a hoax..more of the hardening of attitudes as the election approaches. Expect more of the
"do more mantra as we go on towards November 2012.

Any 'more' hardening of attitude should be greeted in a similar tone. That's how you speak to bullies, however as I know it my military and civilian leadership, in sharp contrast to public sentiment, will find a way to please the US.

What it will do is not help relax the mood on the Pakistani side --> no talks --> no opening of the transit route --> serious problems for the the Afghan operation.

Inspite of the transit route being closed for some time now the tempo of operations in afghanistan have not had major set backs contrary to beliefs held at the start of the whole scenario.

Inspite of the transit route being closed for some time now the tempo of operations in afghanistan have not had major set backs contrary to beliefs held at the start of the whole scenario.

The cost of maintaining that tempo however... .has risen tenfold.

yes indeed if you believe in Fox, CNN and NATO press briefings as much as your religious text.
by this rule, taliban/ Haqqanis should have ceased to exist by now

but dont get me wrong my dear. I didnt mean to be snide, the Americans never stopped shooting civilians, there maybe more videos just waiting to be uploaded containing desecration of Quran or dead bodies. the bombing of fleeing civilians never stopped.

the reason to block the supplies from Pakistan was not based on %ages. meaning how much is going through Pakistan and how much not. even if it was 1%, the reason to block was to protest and distance from this cooperation due to the incident. thats the most any weaker nation can do to a powerful one. Pakistan was not aiming at halting the NATO operations, its action was to stop its cooperation as a mark of protest.

if the American forces start treating the Afghan population as human beings then they wont need any more supplies from Pakistan or anywhere else.

Instead of profiting from an illegitimate war Pakistan should learn to stand on its own feet. Jobs need to be created for the ordinary people, tax collected from the wealthy and trade instead of aid.

Back
Top Bottom