What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

@Taimi

a quick question how does AK compare against The T-90S Bhishma!? in the punjab plateau? in terms of engine power? for example the AK is ideally suited for the deserts of sindh & rajhistan however,when we talk about punjab area which is cooler how negatively does it affect the engine power (i really don't want this thread to turn into a T-90 vs AK thread)

Problem is we have a vast desert area, which comprises of Punjab and Sindh both, that is why nearly all the elite T-80UD and AK units have been stationed in the desert area which supposed to be the epicenter of the Indian Cold Start doctrine, as desert gives a lot of room to manure these highly mobile armor formations.

And in the Punjab areas where there is greenery and hard surfaces, PA is using Al Zarrars and the older ones, as they are more suited to these environments.

That is why whenever you see exercise photos of exercises being doing in Kharian, Jehlum or Tilla firing ranges, you will see AZs and older models, while whenever something is being done in the desert areas, Multan, Muzzafargarh and Sindh areas, you are gonna be seeing T-80UDs and AKs.

May be in future, with rate of production going up, we may see only AZs and AKs in the Punjab's greenery areas, like Lahore front, Sialkot front and in desert, we will be seeing T-80UDs and AKs only.

I still cant figure out why we had to fight wars when we had and have Friendly people like you in Pakistan and India..... I joined this forum yesterday and It was good for me to see that the present Youths of both India and Pakistan have started talking to each other.... Thanks to the guy who created this beautiful forum

Resolving our core issues will bring things back to the track but there are more major powers involved in this era of Hate between India and Pakistan.

By name , USA , UK , Russia , France . All they want is to sale their weapons which bring Billions to their Economy and to sale weapons it is important to keep us busy Fighting each other.

They support do terrorism in Pakistan and do mumbai attacks in india , they hire people from opposite countries and we are idiot enough to fell into their trap every single time and blame each other without even thinking about this aspect.

I hope for good , we have no hate for people of India but our core issues must be solved which are the main reasons for the escalation between us.

I can assure you , Pakistan's economy is a sleeping jiant and it can wake up any moment , if we solve all of our issues than think about this.

China+India+Pakistan = 3 Nuclear armed Nations , All sit in world top 5 millitaries ,all have space capabilities , all have Brilliant talent , all have Huge resources , all have skilled and highly educated proffessionals.

Sinopakinda can turn into a powerhouse which will "eat" western domination.

I wish it happens.

Resolving our core issues will bring things back to the track but there are more major powers involved in this era of Hate between India and Pakistan.

By name , USA , UK , Russia , France . All they want is to sale their weapons which bring Billions to their Economy and to sale weapons it is important to keep us busy Fighting each other.

They support do terrorism in Pakistan and do mumbai attacks in india , they hire people from opposite countries and we are idiot enough to fell into their trap every single time and blame each other without even thinking about this aspect.

I hope for good , we have no hate for people of India but our core issues must be solved which are the main reasons for the escalation between us.

I can assure you , Pakistan's economy is a sleeping jiant and it can wake up any moment , if we solve all of our issues than think about this.

China+India+Pakistan = 3 Nuclear armed Nations , All sit in world top 5 millitaries ,all have space capabilities , all have Brilliant talent , all have Huge resources , all have skilled and highly educated proffessionals.

Sinopakinda can turn into a powerhouse which will "eat" western domination.

I wish it happens.

Well I guess You are right... The most difficult thing is self reliance...

@ Taimikhan.

Sir i think Saudis were negotiating for 300 AK's and they did field trails too back in 2006.

Do you have any info on that ?

Indian Army

Sir your point is valid as desert environment is perhaps the most difficult one for any armored vehicle to handle. This is where the Ukrainian engine comes in as Ukrainians have been making perhaps the world's best MBT diesel/multiple fule engines for at least 30 years now. The opposed configuration of 6TD2 engine gives it a real performance boost in desert environment that no other engine in this region gives. I have seen Al Khalid literally maneuvering like a sports car in desert trials !

Indian Army

Sir your point is valid as desert environment is perhaps the most difficult one for any armored vehicle to handle. This is where the Ukrainian engine comes in as Ukrainians have been making perhaps the world's best MBT diesel/multiple fule engines for at least 30 years now. The opposed configuration of 6TD2 engine gives it a real performance boost in desert environment that no other engine in this region gives. I have seen Al Khalid literally maneuvering like a sports car in desert trials !

I can figure out with the designing of al-khalid, It should be moving fast, but my point was this Deserves a 1400hp engine than a 1200 hp , because It light and the design can handle the thrust but, it will not stick to the ground I guess thats why Pakistan preferred 1200hp over 1400... That was a wise choice indeed, it will give a good accuracy of fire when moving....

I can figure out with the designing of al-khalid, It should be moving fast, but my point was this Deserves a 1400hp engine than a 1200 hp , because It light and the design can handle the thrust but, it will not stick to the ground I guess thats why Pakistan preferred 1200hp over 1400... That was a wise choice indeed, it will give a good accuracy of fire when moving....

Here we go Ak-II would be ready by 2012 for action. !

Al-Khalid II – In early stages of development and believed to incorporate re-designed turret, upgraded modular armour package and sensors, improved ammunition and new powerpack developing 1,500 hp

Problem solved:pakistan:

1500hp, That's gonna give it more thrust and enough pressure to survive during battle,How about its anti tank rocket systems?

1500hp, That's gonna give it more thrust and enough pressure to survive during battle,How about its anti tank rocket systems?

I am aware that some sort of ATGM is going to be Installed on AK-II but i cant give any details.

It could be either a Ukranian ATGM or Turkish UTMAS which is just my speculation.

We may Buy (co produce) Turkish Man portable OMTAS ATGM (like javelin) which would be light weight , easy to deploy and would fire an I-R guided Missile promising fire and forget capability.
Those ATGM's would be a part of infentary because it capabilities are not limited to Anti armour but also it can be fired against Bunkers with multi modes ie Air Burst , penetration etc.

I see a high possibility of this ATGM being co Produced with turkey because this Missile system is capable and it has many variants as it can be fired from a Heli ie Cobra or T-129 ATAK which PA is already eveluating and also man portable launchers as well as can be launched from an armoured vehicle.

regards:

Last edited:
finally a thread where ppl r not fighting and to keep it this way plz dont start compairing indian and pak tanks
i was playing this game END WAR and in it is a t 100 concept tank and nice thing abt it is on its turret are two orkleon type 25 mm anti air guns
me think if incorporated to AK2 it ll kik a**

Hmnn that gives a complete justice to this Machine

Modern warfare as you know is not restricted to those crappy ATGM's anymore and PA's specific case i believe most of the Anti armour activites will remain with our Cobras and super cobras with hell fire ATGM and if we bought T-129 ATAK with UTMAS long range Infrared Guided ATGM moreover PA's APC's are being Armed with Indigenous Baktar Shikan ATGM which was demonstrated in Azam e nau 3 excercise.

UMTAS (Uzun Menzilli Tanksavar Sistemi) is a long range air-to-surface anti-tank missile developed by Turkish weapons manufacturer Roketsan[1]. UMTAS program was initiated in 2005 by Turkey's Undersecretariat of the Defence Industry, specifically to provide TAI T-129 ATAK combat helicopters with an indigenously produced guided missile. UMTAS missile features fire and forget infrared guidance and a tandem anti-armor warhead. It is capable of engaging targets at 8 kilometers. Roketsan is also planning to produce versions of the missile that can be land vehicle-launched and intends to offer the UMTAS for export.

It is envisaged that the UMTAS missile will exceed the performance of both the US made Hellfire missile and also the Israeli Spike-ER missiles

Ukrainian ATGM KOMBAT is a most likely option on AKs as it was promoted aggressively to Army and with a few modifications done to the original design, it will most likely be on AK1 and even AK2. Its performance is better than AT-11 Sniper in terms of range, accuracy and can be fitted to T-80 ud, Al Zarrar and AKs. A 120 mm barrel version is operational with Ukrainian MBTs such as Oplot, T-84 and BM Bulat.

Back
Top Bottom