What's new

Army To Get 130 Drones, 'Jet Pack Suit' Under Emergency Procurement

The tethered drones are being purchased under emergency procurement through a fast-track procedure under the 'buy-Indian' category, they said.​

New Delhi:
The Indian Army has kick started the process to procure 130 new-age drone systems to bolster its overall surveillance and combat capabilities along sensitive border areas, officials said on Tuesday.

The tethered drones are being purchased under emergency procurement through a fast-track procedure under the 'buy-Indian' category, they said.

The tethered drone system consists of drones which are connected to a ground-based tether station and can provide surveillance of beyond the line of sight targets for prolonged periods.

The drones can also be launched in untethered mode for a certain duration to obtain additional information or confirm intelligence inputs, the officials said.

Each drone system will consist of two aerial vehicles with combined payloads, one man portable ground control station, one tether station and one remote video terminal among others, the officials said.

The last date of submission of the bid is February 14.

The Indian Army has been bolstering its overall surveillance apparatus along the nearly 3,500-km Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China following the eastern Ladakh border row that began in May 2020.

The Army has also issued a request for proposal (RFP) to procure 48 jet pack suits under emergency procurement through the fast track procedure (FTP) under the buy Indian category.

The jet pack suit is a device that propels the wearer through the air. The device uses gas or liquid to propel the user to fly.

The Army has also started the process to 100 'Robotic Mule' along with associated accessories. The last date of submission of the bid is February 6, the officials said.

Which army ... atleast put it in the fckin title.

Indians have been shitting in their pants since the double bitch slap that they have received from both Pakistan on February 27, 2019 and China in 2020 Galwan clash.
I am waiting a day when you will grow and post anything that make any sense.

The tethered drones are being purchased under emergency procurement through a fast-track procedure under the 'buy-Indian' category, they said.​

New Delhi:
The Indian Army has kick started the process to procure 130 new-age drone systems to bolster its overall surveillance and combat capabilities along sensitive border areas, officials said on Tuesday.

The tethered drones are being purchased under emergency procurement through a fast-track procedure under the 'buy-Indian' category, they said.

The tethered drone system consists of drones which are connected to a ground-based tether station and can provide surveillance of beyond the line of sight targets for prolonged periods.

The drones can also be launched in untethered mode for a certain duration to obtain additional information or confirm intelligence inputs, the officials said.

Each drone system will consist of two aerial vehicles with combined payloads, one man portable ground control station, one tether station and one remote video terminal among others, the officials said.

The last date of submission of the bid is February 14.

The Indian Army has been bolstering its overall surveillance apparatus along the nearly 3,500-km Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China following the eastern Ladakh border row that began in May 2020.

The Army has also issued a request for proposal (RFP) to procure 48 jet pack suits under emergency procurement through the fast track procedure (FTP) under the buy Indian category.

The jet pack suit is a device that propels the wearer through the air. The device uses gas or liquid to propel the user to fly.

The Army has also started the process to 100 'Robotic Mule' along with associated accessories. The last date of submission of the bid is February 6, the officials said.

I like if they labeled emergency and purchase the required items without any delay.

1. IITian Major's jetpack to give wings to Army

2. https://www.indiamart.com/jetpackmachines/profile.html

3. World’s First practical personal jetpacks now in India

In 2010 it reached an altitude of 5000fts. The jet pack is driven by a 2.0 L V4 2 stroke engine powering the two duct fans. The rate of climb is about 1000fts per minute with an estimate service ceiling of 8000fts. It can carry a payload of 120 kgs and reach speeds in excess of 100kmph.

5.jpg

For now there are three private sector companies are in this race for the Indian army’s “ROBO MULE” requirement.

1. Gridbots Technologies Pvt Ltd
bdl_booth_2.jpg

1. JAY ROBOTIX Pvt Ltd
  2. Kaaya Virtualization Tech Pvt Ltd

Ookaay....where to begin....
Right,well #1 is from waaay back in 2016 and frankly sounds more than a little bit dubious [to put it mildly],as it claims to use solid fuel and a liquid oxidiser,which would seem to give it many of the same sorts of problems as the original htp powered rocket belts,ie short duration of flight time and potential risks when it comes to handling and storage of the fuel elements.
#2.This is an advert for a supplier of packing machines......[I`ll assume thats just a little joke. :azn: ]
#3.I`d hardly call this a "jet pack",this is really just a one man vtol aircraft using ducted fans,also that was written way waaay back in around 2012ish(?).The martin company itself went into liquidation back in 2019 with some of the prototypes plus other stuff eventually being sold off on Trade Me,new zealands local version of ebay.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127080389/martin-jetpack-prototype-sells-for-158200-on-trade-me
As for the robotic mules,well I guess that would depend on ones definition of a "robotic mule",but I got the feeling they were talking about quadrupedal machines,otherwise you could simply just take an off the shelf four wheel atv and stick a remote operating system on it,which is what gridbots appears to have done with the zeus
gridbots_zeus_main.jpg

Jay robotix dont make mules but they do make a rather cute robot snake
defense_header_img.jpg

It actually reminds me a little of the Micronauts toys from when I was a kid.

And I had no luck finding out what if anything Kaaya Virtualization Tech Pvt Ltd made.....

Sooo yeeah...,all in all not exactly very encouraging,

I strongly suspect that india will be buying its jet packs and robotic mules from abroad..........like so much else.Still no surprises there,right?
:coffee:

Ookaay....where to begin....
Right,well #1 is from waaay back in 2016 and frankly sounds more than a little bit dubious [to put it mildly],as it claims to use solid fuel and a liquid oxidiser,which would seem to give it many of the same sorts of problems as the original htp powered rocket belts,ie short duration of flight time and potential risks when it comes to handling and storage of the fuel elements.
#2.This is an advert for a supplier of packing machines......[I`ll assume thats just a little joke. :azn: ]
#3.I`d hardly call this a "jet pack",this is really just a one man vtol aircraft using ducted fans,also that was written way waaay back in around 2012ish(?).The martin company itself went into liquidation back in 2019 with some of the prototypes plus other stuff eventually being sold off on Trade Me,new zealands local version of ebay.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/127080389/martin-jetpack-prototype-sells-for-158200-on-trade-me
As for the robotic mules,well I guess that would depend on ones definition of a "robotic mule",but I got the feeling they were talking about quadrupedal machines,otherwise you could simply just take an off the shelf four wheel atv and stick a remote operating system on it,which is what gridbots appears to have done with the zeus
gridbots_zeus_main.jpg

Jay robotix dont make mules but they do make a rather cute robot snake
View attachment 913070
It actually reminds me a little of the Micronauts toys from when I was a kid.

And I had no luck finding out what if anything Kaaya Virtualization Tech Pvt Ltd made.....

Sooo yeeah...,all in all not exactly very encouraging,

I strongly suspect that india will be buying its jet packs and robotic mules from abroad..........like so much else.Still no surprises there,right?
:coffee:

You are free to assume anything. Your prejudice and assumptions are not my problem.

All RFP's have been issued under the "Buy Indian" category.

These are the Technical Specs in the RFP.

• The robotic mule needs to be 1 metre in length, weigh not more than 60 kg and should be able to operate at altitudes over 10,000 feet carrying 10 kg weight
  • The weight of the jetpack must not exceed 40 kg. Carrying a 80-kg person, its maximum speed must not be less than 50 kmph
  • The tethered drone being sought by the Army will be tethered at some 60 metres from the surface and can operate for six hours

1. https://mod.gov.in/sites/default/files/RFP-Jet-Pack-Suit-24-Ja- 2023.pdf

2. https://mod.gov.in/sites/default/files/RFP-Robotic-Mul-23-Jan-23.pdf

3. https://mod.gov.in/sites/default/files/RFP-130-Tethered-Drone-Sys-23-Jan-2023.pdf

This is just a plain old corruption ploy, and some middle men and generals are going to get a fat cheque out of this purchase.
OR
Seems like our general Sahib saw someone using these items in Hollywood movie and thought hey what if we used this in real life.

This purchase is peak stupidity, both the jetpack and mule serve no purpose at all,

US Marine corps rejected the idea of using a robotic mule because they were inefficient, loud and carried very little weight to justify their price.

In my knowledge As of right now only British Navy (not Army) is using jetpacks and they are using it in anti piracy missions but due to its loud noise and low endurance, it failed to serve any practical purpose.
Since nobody could find a practical use for these items, why are we buying these.
I usually support army's purchases of unconventional and experimental items but this particular purchase is just peak stupidity.
This money could have been used to purchase literally anything else like bulletproof vests, SDRs, transport vehicles etc but our army generals are like nah let's burn on a fancy stupid piece of tech that will serve us no purpose at all.
F***ing morons

Useless purchases by the imported army. How about buying decent kits for the foot soldiers , rather than bleeding money on fancy weapons!

Useless purchases by the imported army. How about buying decent kits for the foot soldiers , rather than bleeding money on fancy weapons!

What "decent kits" did you have in mind ?

This is just a plain old corruption ploy, and some middle men and generals are going to get a fat cheque out of this purchase.
OR
Seems like our general Sahib saw someone using these items in Hollywood movie and thought hey what if we used this in real life.

This purchase is peak stupidity, both the jetpack and mule serve no purpose at all,

US Marine corps rejected the idea of using a robotic mule because they were inefficient, loud and carried very little weight to justify their price.

In my knowledge As of right now only British Navy (not Army) is using jetpacks and they are using it in anti piracy missions but due to its loud noise and low endurance, it failed to serve any practical purpose.
Since nobody could find a practical use for these items, why are we buying these.
I usually support army's purchases of unconventional and experimental items but this particular purchase is just peak stupidity.
This money could have been used to purchase literally anything else like bulletproof vests, SDRs, transport vehicles etc but our army generals are like nah let's burn on a fancy stupid piece of tech that will serve us no purpose at all.
F***ing morons

Bulletproof vests, SDR's and transport vehicles are already being procured or in various stages of procurement.

How is this related to other purchases ?

Worst part these aren't even weapons, these are just fancy toys with no use

Bulletproof vests, SDR's and transport vehicles are already being procured or in various stages of procurement.

How is this related to other purchases ?
Do you have any idea how only a minute percentage of our army personnel have access to bulletproof jackets. Yes they are in various stages of procurement but they are still not in enough quantity to cover a sizeable portion of our army.
Leave bulletproof vests, we have changed our army camo at least 3 times in the past 30 years but we still haven't phased out the 30 year old camouflage pattern fully, wouldn't it be better to replace those first with this money instead of spending it on a stupid jetpack

Last edited:
What "decent kits" did you have in mind ?
Like ordering ancient AK203 while we could have gone for Sig Sauer. Not having various optics and addons for Sig Sauer to operate at its maximum potential! These are just the major ones that comes to mind! While you can also look at infantry and see how below par they look wrt to international level. These could be easily addressed if we just dont burn money on fancy weapons like ordering 6 apache for a $ billion

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom