What's new

ATR signs a major agreement with Iran Air for 40 ATR 72-600s

Blackmoon

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
World’s leading turboprop manufacturer ATR and Iran’s national flag carrier Iran Air today signed in Teheran a deal for the introduction of 40 newest generation ATR 72-600s. The agreement includes firm orders for 20 aircraft plus 20 options, and is valued at one billion euro.

atr_72_600_iranair_1377.jpg

The signature of the deal follows the commercial discussions held in the last days in Rome and Paris, on the occasion of the visit of the President of Iran, H.E. Mr. Hassan Rohani, and the Minister of Transportation of Iran, Mr. Abbas Ahmad Akhoundi.

During the negotiations, the Italian and French states played an important role to achieve the signing of this deal, through the participation of their export credit agencies, respectively Sace and Coface.

The deal marks the arrival of the newest generation ATRs in Iran, where the first aircraft have been operating since 1992. This freshly open market provides a strong potential for the development and expansion of domestic traffic and routes.

The ATR aircraft are the bestselling below-90-seats regional aircraft worldwide in recent years. They operate successfully in very different environments, including small airfields, unpaved runways and mountainous regions.

Patrick de Castelbajac, Chief Executive Officer of ATR, declared: “We are honored to take part in this new era in Iran by providing the national airline with aircraft that will strongly contribute to reinforce and boost regional transportation across the country. We are pleased to offer to the passengers of Iran Air the highest standards of comfort and reliability, as well as the outstanding operational flexibility of the ATR 72-600s”.

About the ATR 72-600:
  • Passenger capacity: 68-78 seats
  • Engines: Pratt & Whitney 127M
  • Maximum power at take-off: 2,750 horse power per engine
  • Maximum weight at take-off: 23,000 Kg
  • Maximum load: 7,500 Kg
  • Maximum range with full passenger load: 900 nautical miles (1,665 Km
Aer_Arann_ATR-72_EI-REE_Bristol.jpg
ATR_72_CCM.jpg

Total order till now : 158

World’s leading turboprop manufacturer ATR and Iran’s national flag carrier Iran Air today signed in Teheran a deal for the introduction of 40 newest generation ATR 72-600s. The agreement includes firm orders for 20 aircraft plus 20 options, and is valued at one billion euro.

The signature of the deal follows the commercial discussions held in the last days in Rome and Paris, on the occasion of the visit of the President of Iran, H.E. Mr. Hassan Rohani, and the Minister of Transportation of Iran, Mr. Abbas Ahmad Akhoundi.

During the negotiations, the Italian and French states played an important role to achieve the signing of this deal, through the participation of their export credit agencies, respectively Sace and Coface.

The deal marks the arrival of the newest generation ATRs in Iran, where the first aircraft have been operating since 1992. This freshly open market provides a strong potential for the development and expansion of domestic traffic and routes.

The ATR aircraft are the bestselling below-90-seats regional aircraft worldwide in recent years. They operate successfully in very different environments, including small airfields, unpaved runways and mountainous regions.

Patrick de Castelbajac, Chief Executive Officer of ATR, declared: “We are honored to take part in this new era in Iran by providing the national airline with aircraft that will strongly contribute to reinforce and boost regional transportation across the country. We are pleased to offer to the passengers of Iran Air the highest standards of comfort and reliability, as well as the outstanding operational flexibility of the ATR 72-600s”.

About the ATR 72-600:
ATR_72_CCM.jpg

Good move by Iran. But I think as you are buying large number of jets so there should have a option to build those in Iran .

About the ATR 72-600:
ATR_72_CCM.jpg

So that means Iran Air is going to compete with the gulf airlines within few years. But please target the same level of service and seat quality which emirates or etihad offers (specially business/First class cabins) bcz Quality always sells.

Congrats to Iran.

BS .

should have gone for Boeing or Sokhoi

I don't know why Most of Iranian are emotional and say something like these !?
Boeing and Airbus do not have any airplane in this class ... and sukho doesn't have any civil aircraft !!!!!!!
ATR is good choice , but we should order more of these class airplane and request production under license or at least , request assembly line in Iran ...

although we can order P&W 127 class turboprop engine and revive Antov-Iran140 project ...

BS .

They are not in the same league, bro.

It was a competition between Dash 8 Q-400 and ATR 72-600. Both use Canadian engines. and both have modern avionic. Dash 8 is more popular though.

For turbofan engined regional planes, IranAir also has some plans.lets wait and see.

BS .

They are not in the same league, bro.

It was a competition between Dash 8 Q-400 and ATR 72-600. Both use Canadian engines. and both have modern avionic. Dash 8 is more popular though.

For turbofan engined regional planes, IranAir also has some plans.lets wait and see.

I don't know why Most of Iranian are emotional and say something like these !?
Boeing and Airbus do not have any airplane in this class ... and sukho doesn't have any civil aircraft !!!!!!!
ATR is good choice , but we should order more of these class airplane and request production under license or at least , request assembly line in Iran ...

although we can order P&W 127 class turboprop engine and revive Antov-Iran140 project ...
One thing you should know abt me is that i don't like people with an attitude . alright ?

one class ? are you having trouble keeping up ? is that what it is ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Superjet_100

boeing is the name of a company smartass . they also posses narrow-body aircrafts , granted they have more seats and are bigger and more costly than ATR .

but the important issue here is their reliability and safety records . a comparison between B737 MAX and ATR ? are you F-ing kidding me ?

i hope those plans are better bro :D

because i sure as hell won't board those shitty ATRs with their humiliating safety records :D

So that means Iran Air is going to compete with the gulf airlines within few years. But please target the same level of service and seat quality which emirates or etihad offers (specially business/First class cabins) bcz Quality always sells.

Congrats to Iran.

Iran will never grow out of regional airline because offering that level of service requires neutral business dealing and good relations..how many westerners will trust riding Iranian airline? very few...Ettihad, Emirates and Qatar are poised to grow..

well, find an interesting image of an ATR 72-600
here is TransAsia flight 235
TransAsia_Flight_235_crash.png

and some image from Iran 140
Sepahan Airlines Flight 5915
hqdefault.jpg
Second image is for a B707.

@haman10
Aseman airline operates some ATRs and they are completely satisfied with the performance.they fly ATR to Ramsar which has a runway of only 500 meters.it is like a miracle.I assure you ATR is a good plane it was probably not in good hands and thats the only reason that comes to mind to justify its crashes.

Last edited:
Second image is for a B707.

@haman10
Aseman airline operates some ATRs and they are completely satisfied with the performance.they fly ATR to Ramsar which has a runway of only 500 meters.it is like a miracle.I assure you ATR is a good plane it was probably not in good hands and thats the only reason that comes to mind to justify its crashes.
are you sure I get it it from the YouTube video that was published after that crash . but well that not the point I posted that picture because that particular ir-140 had the exact position as that ATR 72-600 before it hit the power lines.

I believe the deal with airbus was correct and necessary but I'm not so sure about this deal with ATR , there was no problems with ir-140 except its engine , they must have made a deal with HESA for that plan with a new more suitable engine.

I know you are loaded with cash Iranians, and Ima coming. Collectively my extended family has signed about $300 million with Iran on various projects in everything from LPG to Rice.. BAH.. peanuts. I want a good share.

are you sure I get it it from the YouTube video that was published after that crash . but well that not the point I posted that picture because that particular ir-140 had the exact position as that ATR 72-600 before it hit the power lines.

I believe the deal with airbus was correct and necessary but I'm not so sure about this deal with ATR , there was no problems with ir-140 except its engine , they must have made a deal with HESA for that plan with a new more suitable engine.
Yes I am sure.as for IRan-140, crash was caused by stall due to engine's failure and weakness.not sure about this one.

Producing IRan-140 was a mistake from the beginning and wasting more money on such a failed project is dead wrong.military is working on a cargo version of it though, so as long as it doesn't involve civilian's safety, I dont care.

Our civil aviation is based on western standards. our maintenance and training methods are western.even SSJ-100 and MS-21 which are supposed to be Russian planes follow western standards.if we want to import an eastern plane regardless of its engine type, we need to establish eastern maintenance and training facilities and it takes a lot of time and money.its beyond your imaginations and stupid.once we mistook and imported TU-154s.it wasnt a bad plane at all.our maintenace and trainings were wrong and it eventually resulted in death of hundreds of innocent people.

Go and figure how many Ukranian and Russian airlines operate eastern planes?and how many of them operate western planes?

You are a doctor I guess.as I remember correctly some countries follow British system and some follow American system in their health care management.maybe both of them are great but if you follow both at the same time it will result in a disaster. the same is applied in aviation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom