What's new

Avengers movie: The Hulk hiding in Kolkata

Adnan Faruqi

BANNED
Reaction score
Avengers movie: The Hulk hiding in Kolkata

The-hulk-2003.jpg

Superhero flick, " The Avengers" has quite the Indian connect. For one, the film's producers have decided to release the film in India on April 27, a week ahead of its US release.

The film's Indian distributors UTV Motion Pictures got popular rock band Agnee to record a song for the film. We have now learned there's more to this Indophilia, one of the 'Avengers', The Hulk, will be shown hiding in Kolkata. This scene features Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo.

Producer Jeremy Latcham spilled the beans in an interview...

Why do you think it's becoming important for Hollywood to promote films in India?

India matters - the country is a huge player on the global stage and if you want to be successful around the world, you need to be successful in India.

How do you think the film will do here?

Marvel's had success in India in the past. Part of the movie supposedly takes place in India, which we think is very cool. We worked with the Indian community in New Mexico, where we shot the movie, to recreate a very realistic version of India.

What's your perception of Bollywood?

Singing, dancing and romance are the hallmarks of the Indian film industry.. The movies here seem to be imbibed with a spectacular sense of fun. I haven't seen many Bollywood films but the ones that I have, I really enjoyed.

ScarJo, Ruffalo shot in India? - Times Of India

Hollywood flick 'The Avengers' has a Lucknow connection

LUCKNOW: Rashmi Rustagi from the city is over the moon after sharing the screen with Oscar-nominated Mark Ruffalo in the Hollywood ultimate action flick 'The Avengers'. The movie also stars the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson.

Rashmi, who is a popular name in Los Angeles' theatre cicuit, has also starred in many crossover Bollywood films, plays, commercials and entertainment shows. Migrated to USA over three decades ago, her heart still beats for the city. "My parents lived in Indiranagar. They died two years ago," she says. But the Lucknow connection is still intact as her siblings and relatives are based here. "She last visited Lucknow in November 2011.

In The Avengers, she plays the role of a Kolkata woman visited by Bruce Banner (played by Ruffolo), who metamorphoses into The Hulk. Starring in such a big banner is kind of dream come true for her and she owes her rise to her theatre and radio roots.

Rashmi started acting for radio and stage shows at an early age of nine. Lucknow, she says, with its rich culture and opportunities provided her the ideal platform to hone the talent. The actress gets nostalgic while recalling her days at Christ Church College and Avadh Girls' Degree College. "I have many friends in the city since I studied here," she adds. And, she still gets her clothes stitched from her favourite tailor in Janpath. "I have been doing this for past 35 years," she says.

The mother of four says her family has always been supportive of her acting career. Talking about her career, she says, "Though The Avengers is my first Hollywood film, I have also done many feature and short films." In Bollywood, she has starred in Perfect Mismatch, which was shot in Los Angeles a few years ago. "I played Boman Irani's wife in it. Anupam Kher was also in the movie," she says.

The Lucknow-born actress has also acted in Punjabi feature film called Khanda, which was a story of a Sikh taxi driver who gets killed in US after 9/11.

"I played the role of driver's widow and the story revolves around me and my son, and how we come to terms with the life after the tragedy," she adds. Rashmi also has in her kitty Telugu film Karma. "I still remember how difficult it was to learn Telugu," she says.

Besides acting, Rashmi has also produced a short film Love by Chance in which she played a middle-aged divorced Indian woman in America who falls in love with a younger man. In Hollywood TV show Trauma she enacted a Muslim woman.

Having worked in Hollywood, she says there are not many parts written for Indian actors in English movies. "But, now the trend is changing," she says.

Hollywood flick 'The Avengers' has a Lucknow connection - The Times of India

who is the guy behind hulk, i liked edward nortor, or eric bana

They had to pick a band between strings and some new Indian band for publicity in india

Sun networks in Mission Impossible movie

I never saw this green guy around,but i saw a lot of people like him (TMC supporter)... :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

What's your perception of Bollywood?

Singing, dancing and romance are the hallmarks of the Indian film industry.. The movies here seem to be imbibed with a spectacular sense of fun. I haven't seen many Bollywood films but the ones that I have, I really enjoyed.

hes should be answer like this of this question " Singing, dancing and romance are the hallmarks of the Indian film industry.. The movies here seem to be imbibed with a spectacular sense and great copying of hollywood and some time i dont stop laughing. I haven't seen many Bollywood films but the ones that I have, really a sh!t copy of Hollywood movies " :D

strings pak band for this movie??

No they have lost the race.

Even the contest was Not for the original movie in English but the title track for the Hindi dubbed version of ‘Avengers’ that will be release in India only.

No they have lost the race.

Even the contest was Not for the original movie in English but the title track for the Hindi dubbed version of ‘Avengers’ that will be release in India only.

so who has won the race?? turtle?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom