What's new

Azerbaijan to buy JF-17 jets from Pakistan

mujahideen

Reaction score

The Post Monitoring

LAHORE: APA reports with reference to the Defense Ministry of Pakistan that light pursuit plane JF-17, also known as FC-1, has been developed by China in cooperation with Pakistan.

The project was previously fully implemented in China. Pakistan took part in the development of various units and details. In late 2006 Pakistan got three ready pursuit planes for testing. This plane was first presented on the Day of Pakistan on March 23 of 2007. The commander of the air forces, Tanvir Makhmud Akhmed, announced that in the next 20 years Pakistan will produce 500-600 planes of this kind including 150-200 ones for the needs of its own army.

This single-seated plane is equipped with a Russian-made engine RD-93 and its pay load is 3.8 tons. Its range ability is 3,000 kilometres.

The plane is able to carry air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles and other equipment. The cost of production is $15,000,000.

The Post Monitoring

LAHORE: APA reports with reference to the Defense Ministry of Pakistan that light pursuit plane JF-17, also known as FC-1, has been developed by China in cooperation with Pakistan.

The project was previously fully implemented in China. Pakistan took part in the development of various units and details. In late 2006 Pakistan got three ready pursuit planes for testing. This plane was first presented on the Day of Pakistan on March 23 of 2007. The commander of the air forces, Tanvir Makhmud Akhmed, announced that in the next 20 years Pakistan will produce 500-600 planes of this kind including 150-200 ones for the needs of its own army.

This single-seated plane is equipped with a Russian-made engine RD-93 and its pay load is 3.8 tons. Its range ability is 3,000 kilometres.

The plane is able to carry air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles and other equipment. The cost of production is $15,000,000.

So where does this article say that Azerbaijan will buy the jets?:undecided: or did i missed something out here.

The actual article is in a Azeri newspaper which in the headline says that Azeris are to buy the aircraft. The body of the article talks about the origins, capabilities etc.

APA

thats good...through these types of deals Pakistan can earn much profit for further future defence projects.

the order was conformed almost a year ago go to JF-17 wikiapedia to find out

It is quite interesting that evn though the fighter has not actually been inducted either in PAF or PLAAF,we have recieved an order.
regards
Araz

Good news for Pakistan. If this deal goes through than I beleive other airforces with small budget shall also come forward. We need to market this fighter in Africa and Asia.

Assalamulakum,

From the best of my knowledge I think Azerbaijan still has hostilities towards its neighboring country of Armenia. Ever since Azerbaijan lost to Armenia in a war, it has increased its defence budget. Well, its a good thing we are helping our Muslim brothers out; afterall they lost their 'rightfull' territory to an aggressor.

As far as concerning the sales of the JF-17, the prices have to reasonable and fair. I also hope the sales brings in good business and inshallah may both countries benefit...

Allah Hafiz

What do your people think if the X-Service Men Society are in-corporated into the pakistan army once again but for the purpose of becoming PAK Army salesmen, and using their creativity to prodice different sort of packeges for countries with smaller defence budgets, Packeges like the JF-17 with maybe Ordianance Factory made producst and Pak made night vision goggles bullet proof jackets/helemts and more...........

Hi,

Some of these guys have made enough money through kickbacks that they don't feel like working for a living anymore. But technically that is a very good idea. An empty mind is a devils workshop---these retd generals need to be put to some kindof work. Otherwise they are going to create trouble for every politician.

But for them to be a salesman, how do you get them off their high horses that they are riding on.

I was going to post earlier but did not get a chance. On a lot of the defense deals involving foreign hardware, quite a few of the retired Army/Airforce/Navy officers have been hired by these foreign companies as their local agents to market their products to the Pakistani armed forces. I had a cousin who was actually supplying spares for the Mirages and also have heard about another few cases where Pakistanis with military backgrounds have been working their channels to get their company's hardware in front of the Pakistani armed forces.

Hi,

Very true. That is what the ukrainians were talking about awhile back---pakistan had not made any major purchases after the T-80 tank. Get hooked up with pakistani retd generals.

Assalamulakum,

From the best of my knowledge I think Azerbaijan still has hostilities towards its neighboring country of Armenia. Ever since Azerbaijan lost to Armenia in a war, it has increased its defence budget. Well, its a good thing we are helping our Muslim brothers out; afterall they lost their 'rightfull' territory to an aggressor.

As far as concerning the sales of the JF-17, the prices have to reasonable and fair. I also hope the sales brings in good business and inshallah may both countries benefit...

Allah Hafiz

Turkey will support his Turkic brother.

Russia will support Armenia.

Back
Top Bottom