What's new

Baithak: Cultures & Colors of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with changing of title if you feels it is so much ethno-centric...kindly change it to "hujra" or "baitak".

Yeah sounds like a nice idea.

KPK rescue nagma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNksNRZWylg

Sindhi Culture Of Pakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Balochi Song And Culture

feel sad for the guy..he wanted to start a thread where some important pathan personalities and their histories could be dicusssed and he has been forcefully homogenized now.

feel sad for the guy..he wanted to start a thread where some important pathan personalities and their histories could be dicusssed and he has been forcefully homogenized now.

Dude dont trolls here. he can still share his history and historical personalities here.. don't shed crocodile tears here :D:P

It is breaking Pakistan...
Which planet you live on?

In Pakistan we take ethnicity,language,regional history way too seriously..
Its not Britain where Scotts left their Gaelic and adopted Engliush for the sake of National Unity..welsh still speak welsh but keep that to themselves and every welsh can also speak English perfectly...
In Pakistan You go Interior sindh,Tribal areas of KPK and Some parts of Baluchistan and you are looked at as alien from mars...

That is true but the question is why do these people look at you as an alien ?

Because you have no connection with these people.

Because you are Punjabi who does not care about these people.

Do you consider these people as fellow countrymen and your Brothers ?

No , you look down at these people like they are Monkeys living on a tree.

Like they are uncivilized people who don't deserve your time or attention.

Have you tried to learn their language or understand their customs and culture ?

Were you ever willing to go help these people when they were distressed ?

It takes two to Tango my friend.

Dude dont trolls here. he can still share his history and historical personalities here.. don't shed crocodile tears here :D:P

No seriously...im a person who thinks regional identities are as important as the national identity..you should see my posts in indian forums...people have had these regional/ethnic iddentites long before they acquired the national identity..asking them not to have pride in their regional/ethnic identity just because few others feel insecure is foolishness of the highest order..anyway

No seriously...im a person who thinks regional identities are as important as the national identity..you should see my posts in indian forums...people have had these regional/ethnic iddentites long before they acquired the national identity..asking them not to have pride in their regional/ethnic identity just because few others feel insecure is foolishness of the highest order..anyway

Well no one is asking him or anyone to give up their ethnic identity but if everyone start creating separate topic about their regional/ethnic identity then you would not have any other topic in member club beside bengali, tamil, punjabi, pashtun, sindhi corner etc ..Its better to have one topic to discuss all ethnicities exist in Pakistan. Its not regional/cultural forum for example pashtun forum or punjabi forums etc

I have a question here for you

Your ethnic/regional identity is stronger than national identity or not? If not why not? If yes then why?

Secondly why you should have pride in your ethnic identity? What is so special about your ethnicity which others ethnicity in India don't have? Pride normally comes as a result of one thinking that one is superior to others.

Well no one is asking him or anyone to give up their ethnic identity but if everyone start creating separate topic about their regional/ethnic identity then you would not have any other topic in member club beside bengali, tamil, punjabi, pashtun, sindhi corner etc ..Its better to have one topic to discuss all ethnicities exist in Pakistan. Its not regional/cultural forum for example pashtun forum or punjabi forums etc

Why would you foist your idea of national integration upon his..if you are so insecure to think that having pride in your ethnic identity is bad for national integration then please dont discuss such topics..but if another person is confident in himself, in his
regional identity and then his national identity then allow him to discuss that.

Your ethnic/regional identity is stronger than national identity or not? If not why not? If yes then why?

My regional and national identity are of the same importance to me and which identity I use to describe myself depends on the context...One does not supersede the other and I'm no less patriot than the other.

Secondly why you should have pride in your ethnic identity? What is so special about your ethnicity which others ethnicity in India don't have? Pride normally comes as a result of one thinking that one is superior to others.

Why not ?

No, pride in one's identity does not mean I consider others to be below me. They can have pride in their own identity and we both would have pride in our joint identity as Indians. I'm surprised that such simple things seem so complex to you guys.

Why would you foist your idea of national integration upon his..if you are so insecure to think that having pride in your ethnic identity is bad for national integration then please dont discuss such topics..but if another person is confident in himself, in his
regional identity and then his national identity then allow him to discuss that.

My regional and national identity are of the same importance to me and which identity I use to describe myself depends on the context...One does not supersede the other and I'm no less patriot than the other.

Why not ?

No, pride in one's identity does not mean I consider others to be below me. They can have pride in their own identity and we both would have pride in our joint identity as Indians. I'm surprised that such simple things seem so complex to you guys.

What it has anything to do with insecurity? I personally don't get when people having pride in something which they got stuck with without any choice? I neither have any sense of superiority or inferiority because of my caste, ethnicity, culture or religion. Pride should only come from one source which is your personal achievement. It should not extend beyond yourself and you certainly should not feel pride for happening to be born of a certain race/ethnicity (or in a certain country) because you played no part in establishing that outcome.

The more you think about race, the more you become a racist. People should be classified by their character and achievement instead of their race or ethnicity. Race/ethnicity is nothing more than a pointless physical attribute just like the size of your feet or the length of your thumbs. Your race or heritage or nationality or color or ancestry or ethnicity or blood or descent or genealogy or lineage or origin or pedigree or whatever else you want to call it does not define you even if you want it to. Only your actions, your thoughts, your character, your choices, your achievements, your failures and your current life can define you

What it has anything to do with insecurity? I personally don't get when people having pride in something which they got stuck with without any choice? I neither have any sense of superiority or inferiority because of my caste, ethnicity, culture or religion. Pride should only come from one source which is your personal achievement. It should not extend beyond yourself and you certainly should not feel pride for happening to be born of a certain race/ethnicity (or in a certain country) because you played no part in establishing that outcome.

The more you think about race, the more you become a racist. People should be classified by their character and achievement instead of their race or ethnicity. Race/ethnicity is nothing more than a pointless physical attribute just like the size of your feet or the length of your thumbs. Your race or heritage or nationality or color or ancestry or ethnicity or blood or descent or genealogy or lineage or origin or pedigree or whatever else you want to call it does not define you even if you want it to. Only your actions, your thoughts, your character, your choices, your achievements, your failures and your current life can define you

It has so much to do with insecurity - read the posts of the people who think people who have pride in their ethnic identity will break apart Pakistan and such. Regional and National identities are not mutually exclusive. They can happily co-exist without either pre-empting the other.

The rest of your post is so abstract and out of practical world that I will not reply. People everywhere have pride in their regional/linguistic/national identities. It is something that gives them a sense of belonging, a root that can be easily transformed into a positive action for the well being of the community as a whole. And all this can happen without crossing the fine line and end up discriminating the other.

That is true but the question is why do these people look at you as an alien ?

Because you have no connection with these people.

Because you are Punjabi who does not care about these people.

Do you consider these people as fellow countrymen and your Brothers ?

No , you look down at these people like they are Monkeys living on a tree.

Like they are uncivilized people who don't deserve your time or attention.

Have you tried to learn their language or understand their customs and culture ?

Were you ever willing to go help these people when they were distressed ?

It takes two to Tango my friend.

I am not punjabi,but put it this way...
There are Pathans living in Punjab without any problem,and nobody bugs them.
Try living in tribal areas or Rural Balochistan as a Punjabi or karachiite.......
You cant. You will be rediculed eryday.
While in Punjab,Pathans are given respect and adressed as 'khan sahib'.
In Pushtoon areas its 'Deh kho punjabayan dey' as in thease are scum bags...
So there is the difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom