What's new

Bangladesh Interested in JF-17

ebr77

Reaction score
As a part of modernization plan the government of Bangladesh established an airbase in Cox's bazar and planned to equip it with chinese F-7BG multirole fighter aircraft based on soviet mig-21.As China stopped making F-7 aircraft,Bang;adesh decided to procure FC-1 fighter aircraft.Total 16 units will be ordered costing each 15 million us dollar equiped with sd-10 BVR missile.Bangladesh also procuring 28 Type-96 tanks from china each costing $4M.The navy is getting two F-22B frigate with three Z-9c ASW helicopter in late 2012 though frigate process is unclear.

Source :
Asian Defence
There are afew more articles there. You might wanna have a look and leave your point of views as usual , people.
Thank You.

good india will have a detailed study on both jf-17 and SD-10 ...good job BD

untill any official claim made by any of the 2 nations a blog doesn't seem a good source...

Although it would be good for BD if it turns out true....:agree:

untill any official claim made by any of the 2 nations a blog doesn't seem a good source...

Although it would be good for BD if it turns out true....:agree:

Yap. I thought so too. So I wanted the opinion of you lot in it. BD is going to procure YAK 130 , not to fly F7BG1, but for something better. I guess by 2014 our newly elected Govt will confirm it.

No offense, but the way I see it, as some Pakistani member are claiming we need to have their permission is completely their inferior complexity talking. We have enough good relation with them, and end of the day, it will be good business.

On the contrary I would very much like to see BD, India, China, Pakistan forgetting their own difference and working together. Like NATO.

Nope...not gonna happen until a Pakistan Friendly Government sits in Dhaka or at the bare minimum an India Friendly Government doesn't.
Hmmm....Seeing the Pak-Bangla friendship on PDF I thought all was well! It isn't? Ooops! My bad! :cheesy: :lol:

JF17 is good and it would be good for BAF. But I get the feeling BD having commited to the YAKs will probably to all Russian in the coming years. BD simply can not afford loads of different makes of planes for the simple reason that they will require different maintenance channels.

But then again Chinese stuff are based on Russian stuff so is JF17 materially different from the f7s and the migs that we have?

Pak BD friendship will stand the test of time as long as India continues with its policy of hindutva hedgemony in the region. JF17 is a joint development between Pakistan china. It seems reasonable that Pak will have a say on who they sell them too.

Strategically who is BD and Paks most strategic partner ... It's china. Bangladesh internal politics aside Bd and Pak strategic concerns are in alignment. If JF17 is requested by BD I think it will be sold to us. The only reason we have not bought it is because it is a new platform and BD simply does not have enough money to take a risk. BD is squarely in Chinese corner so is Pak, add to that is the shared history and the geographical separation. In no way is Pakistan seen as a threat..... They are an ally with china against the rabid beast that threatens us all.

Pak BD friendship will stand the test of time as long as India continues with its policy of hindutva hedgemony in the region. JF17 is a joint development between Pakistan china. It seems reasonable that Pak will have a say on who they sell them too.

Strategically who is BD and Paks most strategic partner ... It's china. Bangladesh internal politics aside Bd and Pak strategic concerns are in alignment. If JF17 is requested by BD I think it will be sold to us. The only reason we have not bought it is because it is a new platform and BD simply does not have enough money to take a risk. BD is squarely in Chinese corner so is Pak, add to that is the shared history and the geographical separation. In no way is Pakistan seen as a threat..... They are an ally with china against the rabid beast that threatens us all.

Go kiss China's or Pakistan's backside for all we care, just don't unnecessarily bring us into the topic :hang2:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom