What's new

Bangladesh Military Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Migs are expensive to maintain (double engine) and require a lot of fuel so it's quite expensive.I think the best option for BD to modernize their airfleet is to get F16 Block52 but i highly doubt US will offer plus the strings comes along with it or BD should look at a single engine Mirage 2000 upgraded to 2005-S standard armed with MICA Missile will be very deadly.

i cd have said a whole lot to blast your propagonda speech here.....but on a second thought,maybe the bd members here can reply you in a better way........

Other than your half sentence traditional indian rant there is nothing you can do to hide awami stooges. Even some of awami own leaders are calling and disgusted with indian stooge act.

war plane for "look"? thats must be laughing stock in the defense forum.

Go review the capability of F-7 and then make comments. There are number of other countries much stronger than BD military term use F-7. Besides, given large number of mig 21 in indian inventory and Myanmar F-7 those were right choice by any defense analyst. That is offcourse someone like you are not looking for look of the aircraft.

what can i say,to such crap? To start with, you know nothing........the mig21,is regarded as crap aircraft nowadays........the ones who have them,are eager to replace them,or are just keeping them to hold numbers.........the ones we use are upgraded to the bison class(about 120 of them,rest will be replaced shortly,and we have them from the 80s),and there is a hell lot of difference betwn the basic mig21 and the bison.....infact the mig21 bison,is quite a capable aircraft,but the upgradation is costly too.........it is insane to procure them in the 21st century...........now,you're actually saying the F-7s are good just because bnp procured them,this is pure bs.......

Migs are expensive to maintain (double engine) and require a lot of fuel so it's quite expensive.I think the best option for BD to modernize their airfleet is to get F16 Block52 but i highly doubt US will offer plus the strings comes along with it or BD should look at a single engine Mirage 2000 upgraded to 2005-S standard armed with MICA Missile will be very deadly.

This time they might go for either of SU-27 or J-10.

Dont know bout j10,but iajdani bhai,the sukhois are damn costly in the maintanence department.........i agree with patriot,the best option is f16,low on maintanence and vastly combat proven.......the mirages aint a bad option either,considering the yankee's string attaching phobia!

No amount of military budget and equipments are matter when armed forces are in control of enemy through stooges and proxy.

True. It's isn't the same army that was build and shaped by General Zia. Bangladesh army has been hijacked by greedy dalal like disgraced general Ershad and MUA. It's no longer lead by Khalid bin Walid rather Ibn bin Munafiq.........
I see no hope......:tdown:

Last edited:
F-7 is equivalent to mig-21,right?? Why have them now?? They are not compatible for modern warfare,if not upgraded properly(heck we have a whole lot of them,one crashed today!!! But the ones upgraded to bison grade are great).......btw,best of luck for your future procurements.....ps-are you sure bout the number 16? And,wd you get the reamaining which were ordered?

F-7s are interceptors and aren't that bad fighters.Especially the new variant F-7 BG.It is updated and came out of production in 2005-06.With improved air frame and better RADAR and some BVR capability.

I just don't know why no country have ever place orders for F-8 II M,when it was placed for sale.It would have been a better interceptor than F-7 for Bangladesh I think.may be there were some factors to be taken into considerations.

About 16migs and I have doubt,Iajdani are you sure about the numbers?

Yes I am sure about the number 16. No we are not getting the remaining of those ordered. F-7 is the chinese version of Mig-21 and that is basically with some upgrades. I hate to see them; they look awefull and good for nothing as like as BNP.

F-7s are very good as interceptors.Don't fall for look.After all this is "Poor Man's F-16".Moreover they are suited for BAF requirements.Especially F-7BG.The F-7MB's will be upgraded to BG soon.

Last edited:
Sorry leo,i beg to differ......in modern warfare,mig21s can barely put up a tough performance as your frontline interceptors........even,the highly upgraded indian mig21 bisons are queing up for quick replacements in the next decade or less,and they are bvr capable...........now,my point is why f-7s in the 21st century? Yes they are upgraded,but basics are still the same.......anyways,always go for the best.....regards

F-7s are very good as interceptors.Don't fall for look.After all this is "Poor Man's F-16".Moreover they are suited for BAF requirements.Especially F-7BG.The F-7MB's will be upgraded to BG soon.

good,but i still think this is waste of money.....better option is to store your money for j10/su27/f16.....bd is not going to war anytime soon,so in my opinion this aint a good step......get the best in higher numbers,where you must phase away your f-7s by 2020 max

Say No To USA.

They will attach list of conditions for those jets.Moreover,they are not reliable supplier of arms.They will stop it whenever they want.Russia are way better than US regarding this.

As far as I know Mirage production ceased for Rafale.We can only buy second hand Mirage 2000-5 from Qatar,as they want to sell those.

Say No To USA.

They will attach list of conditions for those jets.Moreover,they are not reliable supplier of arms.They will stop it whenever they want.Russia are way better than US regarding this.

As far as I know Mirage production ceased for Rafale.We can only buy second hand Mirage 2000-5 from Qatar,as they want to sell those.

extremely well put leo.....yes france has ceased,mirage for rafale production.......and the one from qatar or uae are damn costly for a 2nd hand jet......india wanted to get those at 30-35 million each,but they wanted 55-65 million......

Sorry leo,i beg to differ......in modern warfare,mig21s can barely put up a tough performance as your frontline interceptors........even,the highly upgraded indian mig21 bisons are queing up for quick replacements in the next decade or less,and they are bvr capable...........now,my point is why f-7s in the 21st century? Yes they are upgraded,but basics are still the same.......anyways,always go for the best.....regards

Well f-7 BG is different from original Mig-21s in many ways.Starting from air frame to RADAR to weapons.Moreover as Bangladesh has a small air space,so these planes are not so bad investment.Though they aren't the best investment either. ;P

Chances of getting Russian jets during AL period is more than Chinese jets.I wish we could get Mig-35:smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom