What's new

Bangladesh Navy

this is for you . ship sinked by bakter sikan. even a small ship . its an answer for you not a joke , watch it.
Stealthy
Better sensors
Heavy Defence and firepower

Any of our warships can not hit this Destroyer:coffee:. We need equal warship like this to sink it:whistle:.

Then we can sink it and any ship using anti-tank gun:sniper:. :rofl::omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
In conventional wisdom frigate can not take on a destroyer and hope to survive, specially the one inferior in weaponry, complement and design.
Surely Kolkata class is better than type 054A but you never know. It all ultimately depends on tactics, training and the will to survive of the men on the ship rather than the ship itself. And asymmetrical warfare is a nightmare for all bulky destroyers.

the battle win by tactics and a great battle plan. advance hardware is a plus point so true. but how about this?shocked?who said we will use the frigates ?see this
Any thing that floats on water can be sunk, but you should have means to do it.

British had to deploy over a dozen warships to sink one Bismarck. Japanese had to deploy dozens of torpedo bombers to sink the Prince of wales,

Battleship 'Yamato'(Not yamamoto :that was the Japanese admiral') had an entire American carrier task force hunting it.

Unfortunately Bangladesh has none of the above resources. A single Kolkatta class with 16 Bhramos missiles has more fire power than entire Bangladesh Navy.

Bangladesh has yet to posses a missile or an aircraft which can overcome its twin layer of Barak missile defenses (which can shoot down ASM at 75 Kms.) or pass through its CIWS.

Bangladesh has yet to posses a submarine which can fool it Sonar or the two submarine hunter helos deployed on it.

Surely Kolkata class is better than type 054A but you never know. It all ultimately depends on tactics, training and the will to survive of the men on the ship rather than the ship itself. And asymmetrical warfare tactics is a nightmare for all bulky destroyers.

That is why it is called conventional wisdom. Nine times out of ten the better machine will win but once in blue moon even a F-16 shoots down a F-22 in simulated combat.

'Tactics', 'will to live' etc are not quantifiable parameters, hence we stick to measurable parameters.

the battle win by tactics and a great battle plan. advance hardware is a plus point so true. but how about this?shocked?who said we will use the frigates ?see this

If left to likes of you, you would fantasize even your fishing boats would sink aircraft carriers, but such are but pubescent wet dreams.

indian is mighty than bd navy.so bd navy will never go strait controntation.well battle has no rules.those who compare kolkata class and our chinese frigate is living in fools heaven.i said sink the destroyer.thats the mission .doesnt matter how or when or where we will do it.well if there is any war.we have our own stealth technology. i will not disclose it.but trust me i'm not bs here
That is why it is called conventional wisdom. Nine times out of ten the better machine will win but once in blue moon even a F-16 shoots down a F-22 in simulated combat.

'Tactics', 'will to live' etc are not quantifiable parameters, hence we stick to measurable parameters.

you sure?well i still not belive you yet! you are not mighty than the us naval force. one good tactics and plan may ruin yr overconfidence.thats why the americans are now negociating with the talibans even they thought invasion was a picnic.same thing will happend to you too
If left to likes of you, you would fantasize even your fishing boats would sink aircraft carriers, but such are but pubescent wet dreams.

indian is mighty than bd navy.so bd navy will never go strait controntation.well battle has no rules.those who compare kolkata class and our chinese frigate is living in fools heaven.i said sink the destroyer.thats the mission .doesnt matter how or when or where we will do it.well if there is any war.we have our own stealth technology. i will not disclose it.but trust me i'm bs here

Don't we know it!!

Stop making a fool out of yourself and live in the real world, if such a war were to happen, what makes you think Indian navy/airarm or Indian air force will allow any thing that floats even near its vessels , what makes you think anything that floats will even survive the initial Indian air raids...just like as happened in 1971 in waters of East Pakistan.

this is for you . ship sinked by bakter sikan. even a small ship . its an answer for you not a joke , watch it.

Well simple ans, ship in video does not have CIWS:no:. And modern warship does have CIWS:agree:, good sensors and it will attack you back:smart:.

keep in your point . you joke about ATGM and ship. i show you an example. there are millions of ways in real combat. calculation , logistics or armament is not everything which you are thinking now.you have no or very less idea about real combat situation.its completely a different senario
Well simple ans, ship in video does not have CIWS:no:. And modern warship does have CIWS:agree:, good sensors and it will lattack you back:smart:.

because thats Stealth Destroyer :ashamed:

Low signature doesn't mean invisible. If you put some Harpoon or similar missiles back onto the Hamilton class ship, and make good use of recce and targeting platforms, and wait for the right moment, there is no reason why you couldn't knock out a Kolkata class ship. It wouldn't be easy, but then again, what is? As soon as Kolkata switches on any of it's radar's, she's detectable by ECM at much greater ranges than possible by radar. A sub can detect screw noise at very long ranges. Etc.

See what a Harpoon can do to a 4800 ton decommed Type 22 frigate (who's Sea Wolf could intercept 4,5" cannon shells):
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...n-navy-blows-up-its-own-ship.html#post4428611

'Stealth' helps but doesn't make a ship immune to this: Warship Vulnerability
And the Kolkata is in essence still a revamped Delhi class, much like the Talwar is a revamped Krivak III: better than the original but still a revamped version, not an entirely new design (hence, my expectations of e.g. the Shivalik would be higher)

Don't we know it!!

Stop making a fool out of yourself and live in the real world, if such a war were to happen, what makes you think Indian navy/airarm or Indian air force will allow any thing that floats even near its vessels , what makes you think anything that floats will even survive the initial Indian air raids...just like as happened in 1971 in waters of East Pakistan.

Over confidence gets you killed right quick....

WHECs are the size of Perry's (not exactly small) and at one point also carried Harpoon, Phalanx CIWS and triple ASW tubes with associated sensor fits.

BRP%2BGregorio%2Bdel%2BPilar.png

100528-n-7643b-241.jpg

07-03-2007113705PM.jpg

web_100712-n-3446m-139.jpg

1.BD needs to adopt a doctrine like Iran or even N Korea or China. Start with shore defense integrating air,sea and land forces and making intelligent use of the Bay islands and the coastal forests.

2. Meanwhile develop BN to secure our EEZ whch is up to 200 miles. Iran's Swarming Tactics must be adopted.

3. Thereafter, develop capability to secure a line Vyzag to Andaman Nicobar. Thereon PLAN and Indonesian Navy should take over our interests.

4. It is pointless to compare or try to compete with IN in terms of craft. Which does not mean we need to fear IN. On the contrary IN's size and huge area of responsibility come with vulnerabilities should be exploited by BN. BN must coordinate with PLAN eqpt acquisition and tactics.

keep in your point . you joke about ATGM and ship. i show you an example. there are millions of ways in real combat. calculation , logistics or armament is not everything whic you think.you no idea about real combat situation.its completely a different senario

I never showed real combat:ashamed: but, I have some knowledge about it:disagree:.

You must give respect to a good warship. British had to deploy over a dozen warships to sink one Bismarck warship. Why? Because that was a good warship, and that was real combat.

Low signature doesn't mean invisible. If you put some Harpoon or similar missiles back onto the Hamilton class ship, and make good use of recce and targeting platforms, and wait for the right moment, there is no reason why you couldn't knock out a Kolkata class ship. It wouldn't be easy, but then again, what is? As soon as Kolkata switches on any of it's radar's, she's detectable by ECM at much greater ranges than possible by radar. A sub can detect screw noise at very long ranges. Etc.

See what a Harpoon can do to a 4800 ton decommed Type 22 frigate (who's Sea Wolf could intercept 4,5" cannon shells):
http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...n-navy-blows-up-its-own-ship.html#post4428611

'Stealth' helps but doesn't make a ship immune to this: Warship Vulnerability
And the Kolkata is in essence still a revamped Delhi class, much like the Talwar is a revamped Krivak III: better than the original but still a revampted versions, not en entirely new design (hence, my expectations of the Shivalik would be higher)

Over confidence gets you killed right quick....

While it is true that anything that floats can be sunk. You've got one thing wrong. The P-15A(Kolkata) Destroyers are not based on the P-15(Delhi) Destroyers nor do they derive any particular or conspicuous design elements from the latter. The sensors are not the same, neither is the air defense systems, the design itself is different from the ground up down to the nitty gritties of enhancing intact stability and damage stability. A cursory look at the superstructure and the resultant difference in construction parameters itself will reveal that much. You're spot on on the Talwar class frigates though.

Back
Top Bottom