What's new

Bangladesh ranked 11th happiest country in the world by Happy Planet Index

Yes those 2 are retards. But you're dumb too for being happy that they're idiots.

Tell me - do you think it'll be good for anyone on the planet if 1 billion Indians tried to live how 300M Americans live? India's carbon foot-print now is 0.9 - America's is 7.6. You do the math.

You're in Canada but you don't sound Canadian.

LOL I'm just pulling their legs, take it easy! I'm not interested in a serious discussion right now. ;p

Talking of logical sense, the index talks about the efficiency of well being in terms of ecological damage - agreed?

Your interpretation: "efficiency of well being in terms of ecological damage". So you want India to be ranked lower. Which means you want it to be less efficient in well-being with more ecological damage?

How does this make any sense?

However like the other idiot asura desperate to make dumb comments on Indians on all threads, you have missed that and now you are telling me what I want to be :) logical indeed. Thank you, but I'd rather be India at rank 32 than BD at rank 16. Bye bye.

So what you're actually saying is: you approached the thread like an emotional idiot based on "dumb comments on Indians on all threads". You didn't come here to learn anything.

However like the other idiot asura desperate to make dumb comments on Indians on all threads, you have missed that and now you are telling me what I want to be :) logical indeed. Thank you, but I'd rather be India at rank 32 than BD at rank 16. Bye bye.

Getting personal, are we? As soon as you guys drop the hindtuva banner under Bombay_dude_sena's leadership and halt the anti-Bangladeshi tirade, I'll let you rest in peace. Till then, you're not welcome in BD forum, and I suggest you invest this time in your workplace.

Getting personal, are we? As soon as you guys drop the hindtuva banner under Bombay_dude_sena's leadership and halt the anti-Bangladeshi tirade, I'll let you rest in peace. Till then, you're not welcome in BD forum, and I suggest you invest this time in your workplace.

Who the hell you are to allow any one ???

Dnt post anti - Indian threads no one will even look at this dirt place

However the illiterate interpretation by media and the scornful comments by some illiterate bangladeshis making fun of India's relatively higher rank invited comments from me in the first place.

Actually - it talks about "Experienced well being", "Life expectancy", "Ecological Footprint"

On "Experienced well being" - Pakistan, Bangladesh, India all rank 5.0. America (7.7)

On "Life expectancy" - Bangladesh (68yrs) ranks slightly higher than either India (65yrs), Pakistan (65yrs)

On "Ecological Footprint" - Bangladesh (0.5), India (0.9), Pakistan (0.9). America (7.2)

Do you REALLY think it's a good idea for the planet if India ranks closer to America being that India's current foot-print is 0.9 & America's is 7.2?

So what you're actually saying is: you approached the thread like an emotional idiot based on "dumb comments on Indians on all threads". You didn't come here to learn anything.

I actually found the index innovative, however the low quality interpretation by media and BD posters totally ruined the thread. Let me point out, BD and India both need to grow, and that growth will have an impact on the ranking, I do not consider BD to be ahead of India in growth and hence their lower ranking is irrelevant to India.

Engage a proctologist to retrieve your police badge first.

I actually found the index innovative, however the low quality interpretation by media and BD posters totally ruined the thread. Let me point out, BD and India both need to grow, and that growth will have an impact on the ranking, I do not consider BD to be ahead of India in growth and hence their lower ranking is irrelevant to India.

But this isn't a ranking on "growth". This is a ranking based on 3 factors - which is why Costa Rica is ahead of Sweden because Costa Ricans are happier than Swedes taking environmental damage & life-expectancy into consideration.

In terms of "Experienced Well-being" - India, Bangladesh & Pakistan all rate around 5.0

Talking of logical sense, the index talks about the efficiency of well being in terms of ecological damage - agreed?

Your interpretation: "efficiency of well being in terms of ecological damage". So you want India to be ranked lower. Which means you want it to be less efficient in well-being with more ecological damage?

But this isn't a ranking on "growth". This is a ranking based on 3 factors - which is why Costa Rica is ahead of Sweden because Costa Ricans are happier than Swedes taking environmental damage & life-expectancy into consideration.

In terms of "Experienced Well-being" - India, Bangladesh & Pakistan all rate around 5.0

I want Experienced well being to go up and life expenctancy too, without significant impact on environmental damage. I'm willing to accept environmental damage because India has a huge human development issue and we need to grow overall. The Indian govt is making efforts to that effect - the huge investment in renewable and nuclear energy, for example.

The index does not give an absolute measure though, it tells us where the country stands in terms of achieving HDI (broadly) excellence (plus experienced well being) without causing too much environmental damage. So while our ranking is low on the index, our countries have lower than desirable HDIs too.

Well... you're not welcome to solar-panel powered house.

My university boasts some of the largest solar panel in the country.

Savvy?

And besides, they are expensive due to duties imposed by Bangladesh government.

I am all for more efficient use of resources and sustainable energy. But I oppose measures that cost businesses. Example is the EU carbon tax that'll hamper the already sensitive airline industry.

You can't ride my bicycle

Why on earth would I want to ride your bicycle when I drive a car?

Oh, before you call me a gas-guzzler, please explain to me why GM banned the EV-1? :azn:

Ever seen the smoke coming out of those old diesel-run, British-era Bedfords? Buuurr...:sick:

Am not doing my dose of daily long distances with a bicycle in a circus of death :no:

and I'm not giving you any of my organically grown sabji.

I don't know.

My uncle grows them in my family farm in Chittagong. Much of the veggies I buy are organic.

Savvy?

I hope you move to Australia & get hit by the ozone.

Oh noes my boy.......you see.......I rule the skies, and that ain't the limit ;)

"Happy Planet! HAPPY PLANET!!" :yahoo: Far from it :rofl: :rofl:

Whoever made this crappy index must have come from some sort carebear club.

Therefore, them environmentalists and those liberal nutjobs can kiss my a$$ :wave:

My university boasts some of the largest solar panel in the country.

Savvy?

And besides, they are expensive due to duties imposed by Bangladesh government.

I am all for more efficient use of resources and sustainable energy. But I oppose measures that cost businesses. Example is the EU carbon tax that'll hamper the already sensitive airline industry.

Ya - but you're still using electricity at home. I'm glad to hear unis in Bangladesh are investing in solar panels though. You should think about getting some for your rooftop. They'll save you a lot in electric bill.

Why on earth would I want to ride your bicycle when I drive a car?

Oh, before you call me a gas-guzzler, please explain to me why GM banned the EV-1? :azn:

Ever seen the smoke coming out of those old diesel-run, British-era Bedfords? Buuurr...:sick:

Am not doing my dose of daily long distances with a bicycle in a circus of death :no:

Ya - I'm still feeling a lot superior 'cus you use a car & I don't. It makes even more sense for people in Dhaka to start using bicycle as their main form of transportation what with all the congestion problem there.

But you're still suffering from third-world mentality that if you have a car, you have to use it to get everywhere. It's usually a lot faster to ride bicycles through traffic.

I don't know.

My uncle grows them in my family farm in Chittagong. Much of the veggies I buy are organic.

Savvy?

All of the veggies I eat are straight from my garden. From ground that's been aerated by my chickens.

Oh noes my boy.......you see.......I rule the skies, and that ain't the limit ;)

Now I hope you get stuck on a melting iceberg with a sad, drowning polar bear.

"Happy Planet! HAPPY PLANET!!" :yahoo: Far from it :rofl: :rofl:

Whoever made this crappy index must have come from some sort carebear club.

Therefore, them environmentalists and those liberal nutjobs can kiss my a$$ :wave:

I'm not giving you any of home-grown eggs for sure now.

Seriously these surveys are so useless and give such a wrong picture. Seriously? India at 32 and US at 105? They should go ask all those 600 millions indians who live in poverty and dream of going to Europe or North America. A "poor" person in the US has a computer , television , a small house to live in and probably a car. Similar goes for Bangladesh and Pakistan. 40% of Bangladesh lives on less than a dollar a day , I don't see how they can be happy. Just because they told the interviewer they are managing their lives and carrying on doesn't mean they are happy. And Pakistanis? If they are happy living in a faltering economy with load shedding and daily militant attacks,daily sectarian killings , then there is something wrong with them. These surveys just show the perseverance of people in countries - that despite all the troubles , they carry on ....

A Bangladeshi or India would say he's unhappy if he can't even earn a dollar a day and his kids are dying of malnutrition. An American or European will say he's unhappy if there's bad internet connectivity in the area or if they are too tired of shovelling snow in front of their house.

. 40% of Bangladesh lives on less than a dollar a day

Ya - but purchasing power isn't the same for America & Bangladesh. Or America & India.

For example as of 2010 (World Bank), 31.5% of Bangladesh is currently below poverty line. 29.8% of India. 22.3% of Pakistan.

In 2009, 14.3% of Americans were living below poverty line. That # isn't tiny. In Sri Lanka, 8.9% of people are living below the poverty line.

Bangladesh reduced poverty from 56.6% in 1991 to 31% in 2010. It currently expects to reduce poverty to 15% by 2021 (that's a Millenium Developmental Goal). I'm sure India & Pakistan have similar goals.

A Bangladeshi or India would say he's unhappy if he can't even earn a dollar a day and his kids are dying of malnutrition. An American or European will say he's unhappy if there's bad internet connectivity in the area or if they are too tired of shovelling snow in front of their house.

I am American. Shoveling snow or poor internet connectivity annoys me - but wondering about how I'm going to pay off my school-debt makes me worried. And my life is really good - lots of people have much bigger problems than mine. Our concerns aren't trivial.

:lol:We have a dude living in America giving lessons about the environment.

Back
Top Bottom