What's new

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup final

Actually there IS a rule by ICC which BGB is trying to use. Funny to see the apologetic comments by PDF-Bangladeshis! I'm sure any other country's citizens, including India and Pakistan would stand behind their board. :lol:

they are doing this becaue AL is indian stooge.. LOL. RAW is behind this

Copying RoyBots post :

Law 37 of the rules of cricket sanctions a strict penalty for the fielding team if a fielder is found by the umpire to deliberately obstruct a batsman while attempting a run. Neither batsman can be dismissed (if a run-out has taken place), five penalty runs are awarded to the batting side, the delivery will not count as one in the over, the run will count even if the batsmen haven't crossed and the batsmen can choose which of them faces the next delivery. Whether or not there was intent behind the collision is for the umpire to determine; in this case, after the players had collided, the umpire Steve Davis was seen having a word with both players. The delivery yielded a single.

Actually there IS a rule by ICC which BGB is trying to use. Funny to see the apologetic comments by PDF-Bangladeshis! I'm sure any other country's citizens, including India and Pakistan would stand behind their board. :lol:

So you think they are Bangladeshis :disagree:

Copying RoyBots post :

Law 37 of the rules of cricket sanctions a strict penalty for the fielding team if a fielder is found by the umpire to deliberately obstruct a batsman while attempting a run. Neither batsman can be dismissed (if a run-out has taken place), five penalty runs are awarded to the batting side, the delivery will not count as one in the over, the run will count even if the batsmen haven't crossed and the batsmen can choose which of them faces the next delivery. Whether or not there was intent behind the collision is for the umpire to determine; in this case, after the players had collided, the umpire Steve Davis was seen having a word with both players. The delivery yielded a single.

We don't mind giving five penalty runs to BD. But then five penalty runs should be added in Pakistan's score too since BD bowler also blocked Afridi in Pakistan's innings. Result: BD still loses by 2 runs. :D

We don't mind giving five penalty runs to BD. But then five penalty runs should be added in Pakistan's score too since BD bowler also blocked Afridi in Pakistan's innings. Result: BD still loses by 2 runs. :D

Would PCB apply to ICC against their brother Bangladeshis! :P

Anyway if I were the board president, I would surely have gone to ICC. May be I am too emotional or jingoistic, but I guess so are majority of Indians and Pakistanis when it comes to cricket. Remember Eden had to vacated when Shoaib Akhtar did the same act against Sachin.

Copying RoyBots post :

It says deliberately, which was not the case both the batsman and bowler were not looking at each other whereas Afridi's case was different.

now that PAK won Asia Cup & PCB is now not so keen or pushing BCB for a visit... Well BCB is really hurt & btw they have every right to go to ICC.... :)

Would PCB apply to ICC against their brother Bangladeshis! :P

Anyway if I were the board president, I would surely have gone to ICC. May be I am too emotional or jingoistic, but I guess so are majority of Indians and Pakistanis when it comes to cricket. Remember Eden had to vacated when Shoaib Akhtar did the same act against Sachin.

If this was the case then why didn't BCCI go to ICC. By the way Shoaib didn't hinder Sachin, it was Sachin who after running 22 yards banged into Shoaib. Do remember in those days running between the line of ball and wickets by batsman was allowed. But it was sure that none of the player intentionally struck other therefore Sachin was given out though he could have managed the distance if there was no collusion.

bangladesh i have a lot of respect for ur team after watching ur performance and i was also very keen to see u win as this would have been ur 1st final win!but in international cricket there is no sympathy bro!!pakistan have won it fair and square and they are the deserving winners!!although u tried ur level best to overcome pakistani score..u were unable to do!!this type of complaining and blame game is not needed for ur cricket!!cheem didnt do anything wrong!!infact i think pakistan should be awarded with 5 runs as afridi was deliberately blocked!!no offence ..play well in future also and learn to swallow bitter losses

If this was the case then why didn't BCCI go to ICC. By the way Shoaib didn't hinder Sachin, it was Sachin who after running 22 yards banged into Shoaib. Do remember in those days running between the line of ball and wickets by batsman was allowed. But it was sure that none of the player intentionally struck other therefore Sachin was given out though he could have managed the distance if there was no collusion.

I think the rule is new as too many such incidents are being repeated. The bowlers needn't look at the batsman to know from where they are running.

1.Without getting into sports legality, let me restate what others have pointed out above. BCB, like such sports bodies in most countries, is political. The team and the players are different. Capt Yunis Khan and Afridi in their interviews during the presentation ceremony have called the BD team winners.

2. But then again remember there are dedicated syndicates who work to keep BD and Pakistan estranged. Any sign of growing amity between the two is quickly sabotaged.

Stop tip toeing around mate, just say it already that its evil RAW backed Awamis who are behind this :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom