What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
yar china se lene ki kia zaroorat hai hum se le lo BUY ONE GET 2 FREE

For a stop gap why we didn't try to get some second hand from China until we get our desire fighter :eek: .though it is modified yet how much it will be relevant in front of 4++ and fifth generation fighter .

Should have bought F7's from Pakistan......

between 7 to 9mn$

that's its price ??? yaha pe toh itne may sabji bhi nai milti aaj kal, :(
. well for stop gap usage the fighter fits well as bangladesh airforce is already using them past many years, if they re looking for some good modern day aircraft at a cheap price then should negotiate for j10 series, if not then jf would be another stop gap measure, but would the chinese sell them ?

Well the F 7 will replace the A5s which by the way are really old. Furthermore, We use F 7s as interceptors not fighters, migs are our only fighters. But i still do not think its a good deal. If we wanted stop gap usage, we could have bought L-159ALCA or Yak-130. Buying this third generation warcraft is a waste of money.

Well the F 7 will replace the A5s which by the way are really old. Furthermore, We use F 7s as interceptors not fighters, migs are our only fighters. But i still do not think its a good deal. If we wanted stop gap usage, we could have bought L-159ALCA or Yak-130. Buying this third generation warcraft is a waste of money.

A-5s are for CAS operations. Not interceptors :)

I am also a bit disappointed that we are still going for F-7s.

A-5s are for CAS operations. Not interceptors :)

I am also a bit disappointed that we are still going for F-7s.

I never mentioned that A5 are interceptors.

According to imran bhai, they cost $9 a piece. So total we are spending around $144 million. It could have been used for around 11 ALCAs or something

Well these are stop gap measure to fill the dire need of the airforce as we are getting short in number of planes. Even though sounds weired to buy F-7 in 2011 but what other aircraft we can get in such a short notice?

The plane we are evaluating righ now are SU-30, F-16, Mig-29CMT, Gripen which will become the core of our airforce. SU-30 most likely the winner.

To all Pakistanis who think they are in a position to donate plane, should better concentrate on paying off IMF loans and how they could avail the next installment and try to secure GSP+ facilities in Europe.
And to all Indians who think that they became superpower with SU-30 then they should stop sleeping as another superpower is in making in their eastern border with SU-30 as well. :smokin:

First F-7 variant with partial glass cockpit two mfds, better avionics, same ECM and chinese klj-6 falcon PD radar which is a copy of Grifo-7 radar in PAF F-7pgs though inferior in detection range but a good radar.

1321717032_85987.jpg

So they are still a bit inferior to F-7PG's.

These are tested with BVR missiles i think....

Both F-7PG and this F-7BGI are BVR capable, if I am not mistaken.

even if they have bvr but they are too old to even for temporary fullfillment you guys should have opted for jf17

It's only meant to place the gap as we are going for more advanced fighters on 2021. Although, I'd agree it would have been better if we went for FC-1s. It's probably due to limited funds.

Right now, BD is focusing on the navy. The most important arm for Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom