What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pakistani nowdays are working as good salesman(every time, jf-17 lalo jf-17 lalo).
i m indian and proud to be indian and i said jf17 since its fit there budget if not than i would have suggested gripens

It's only meant to place the gap as we are going for more advanced fighters on 2021. Although, I'd agree it would have been better if we went for FC-1s. It's probably due to limited funds.

Right now, BD is focusing on the navy. The most important arm for Bangladesh.

They will buy something on 2021 and evaluatiing now??? Is it english that has the problem or related to retard mind?

They will buy something on 2021 and evaluatiing now??? Is it english that has the problem or related to retard mind?

By 2021 most of the countries will have fifth generation jets and we will only buy fourth generation in 2021. It will at least take a few years for order to be recieved.

Yeah, we can't exactly the same shopping list as USA either :lol:

Air Force aims higher

Such plans have long term implications.

The thread's article clearly states that BAF will be inducting modern aircraft over the next 13-15 years.

No reason to rush.

Bangladesh works on a tight budget. At the moment, it's focusing mainly on navy. Both naval and air force matters are expensive.

By 2021 most of the countries will have fifth generation jets and we will only buy fourth generation in 2021. It will at least take a few years for order to be recieved.

Unfortunately true.

Air Force aims higher

Such plans have long term implications.

The thread's article clearly states that BAF will be inducting modern aircraft over the next 13-15 years.

No reason to rush.

Bangladesh works on a tight budget. At the moment, it's focusing mainly on navy. Both naval and air force matters are expensive.
isnt 13-15 years a bit much?

Not really.... Most probably F35 investor countries, Russia and probably India will have 5th gen aircraft..... they are at most 10 countries.... Rest of the world will try to stay at 4.5th gen because of its threats and the budget restraints..

isnt 13-15 years a bit much?

It is a bit. But we have to understand that the BAF operates on a very tight budget. Couple that with Bangladesh's relatively small economy and weak technological base.

Not really.... Most probably F35 investor countries, Russia and probably India will have 5th gen aircraft..... they are at most 10 countries.... Rest of the world will try to stay at 4.5th gen because of its threats and the budget restraints..

Well by 2021 NATO countries will have f35s, so will the other allies of the US such as singapore israel, maybe japan and korea, etc.

Russia, India, China, Korea, Indonesia, japan will be developing there own by 2020. They will probably sell them to their allies or potential customers like brazil as well.

So IMO, a lot of countries will have fifth generation fighters

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

than choice of f7 is reasonable

8-10 FC-1 for around $180 miilion in total will be a very good deal compared to
16 F 7 for around $150 million in total

Well by 2021 NATO countries will have f35s, so will the other allies of the US such as singapore israel, maybe japan and korea, etc.

Russia, India, China, Korea, Indonesia, japan will be developing there own by 2020. They will probably sell them to their allies or potential customers like brazil as well.

So IMO, a lot of countries will have fifth generation fighters

US allies might have it.... But my assumption is based on the fact that developing 5th gen is not easy.... i am not betting for chinese 5th gen before 2020......still none of us have time machine to say anything for certain......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom