What's new

Bangladesh to host Asia Cup 2014

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The 2014 Asia Cup will be held in Bangladesh after India, who had originally agreed to play hosts, cited a packed international schedule as the main reason for being unable to organise the tournament. The likely dates for the tournament will be February 24 to March 8. The decision was taken at the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) board meeting on April 8 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where India informed the other ACC members that they were focused instead on finalising the itinerary for the New Zealand tour, scheduled to be held in February-March next year.

It is understood that Bangladesh volunteered to host the Asia Cup and even decided to postpone the scheduled tri-series involving Sri Lanka and Pakistan, which was to be held around the same period. According to an official privy to the minutes of the meeting, the dates could be changed again considering India have been facing "hiccups" in negotiating dates with Cricket New Zealand.

The BCCI has been trying to convince New Zealand Cricket to trim their schedule of the New Zealand tour to two Tests, two ODIs and two T20Is to enable India to participate in the Asia Cup. The ICC's Future Tours Programme (FTP) has India scheduled to play three Tests, five ODIs and a single Twenty20 international.

Hosting the Asia Cup does throw Bangladesh's FTP schedules into disarray. According to the FTP, Bangladesh are set to host Sri Lanka for two Tests and three ODIs from the second week of February. A tri-nation series is also scheduled involving Sri Lanka and Pakistan immediately after, and just before the World Twenty20s begin on March 16.

source: Bangladesh Cricket News: Bangladesh to host Asia Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

When are the Elections due in BD ?

Any clash or proximity to dates ?

BD is getting a RAW deal i guess.

India will try to disrupt these games through there dalals in BD so that BD gets a BAD name..........

May be change the leather ball with a Plastic one or a leather bat with a wooden bat........

God Knows whats in store for Poor BD :cray:

@Dillinger your opinion??

Last edited by a moderator:
India was supposed to host this, but due to a hectic scheduled they dropped it.

Tbh, its a very boring a dull tourney. Should include more nations or scrap it.

India was supposed to host this, but due to a hectic scheduled they dropped it.

Tbh, its a very boring a dull tourney. Should include more nations or scrap it.

Why man..Asia cup is good with team like India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka and BD fighting in a same platform...I think it is exciting tournament...and BD is very much a very much neutral host to every Asiad nation...This is a good decisions to host in BD...

Still remember the last Asia cup. I guess that memory of finals will never go away.

Good that BD is hosting..Now Pakistani team wont have to bear mental torture and bull from india the drama queen.

Why man..Asia cup is good with team like India,Pakistan,Sri Lanka and BD fighting in a same platform...I think it is exciting tournament...and BD is very much a very much neutral host to every Asiad nation...This is a good decisions to host in BD...

Just my personal opinion. BD is a good host I agree. Very neutral and cricket crazy nation.

:)

what the hell is this how many times they host it 80 percent of asia cups held in bangladesh im very angry there are tone of grounds in asia keep doing it again and again in bangladesh sucks

Back
Top Bottom