What's new

Bangladeshi billionaires: Where art thou?

Please don't mock my favourite poster, I really love the kind of excuses he come up with. :D

Build more toilets and better prepare for the next pandemic.

You lot already commit genocide against baby girls.

90% of Muslims enjoy better living standards than any Hindu can dream of…

A few super rich ain’t going to make much difference when the next COVID hits!

Modi killed more Hindus than any Muslim or Christian ruler in the history of India.

No one thinks there is any money to be made in Bangladesh, and that reflects in your pathetic FDI figures.
Govt figures are one thing, other thing is long term confidence in Bangladesh's future
FDIs are often longterm investments by investors, i.e foreign companies seeking returns over 3 to four decades etc

Bangladesh was under military dictatorship until as recent as 1991

From an investor's perspective its never clear when Bangladesh might relapse in dictatorial regime like Myanmar and all investments go down the swamp

Will be sometime before Bangladesh can establish a brand name for itself

Build more toilets and better prepare for the next pandemic.

You lot already commit genocide against baby girls.

90% of Muslims enjoy better living standards than any Hindu can dream of…

A few super rich ain’t going to make much difference when the next COVID hits!

Modi killed more Hindus than any Muslim or Christian ruler in the history of India.
First, read title of the thread and respond on the topic. Second, pick any country in the world outside of subcontinent, and size up both our diaspora (Indian and Bangladeshi) and look up their educational and living standards, you'll find lungis doing chaprassi jobs and Indians (Hindus especially) to be in managerial positions. That should smash your dumb assertion.

Last edited:
What’s the point of all these useless argument? It’s well known that people in Bangladesh specially the rich one doesn’t pay taxes and that’s why on paper no billionaire exists. But in reality there are number of billionaires in Bangladesh.

Just for example different international agencies have pointed out that every year 7.5-8 billion usd is taken out of the country. That itself indicates a segment of people how much money that they have accumulated.

This is an unofficial list of billionaires based on estimation only in Bangladesh.

For example Chairman of Summit group Muhammad Aziz Khan has been reported as one of the top 50 richest person in Singapore with net worth of 990 million USD.

You can easily imagine his actual wealth will be way higher as the above amount is based on property and income value based in Singapore only. However how he got that much money in Singapore nobody knows and usually speculated that it’s done through money laundering from Bangladesh.

Salman F Rahman has also comes into the worlds billionaire list though he tried to deny it.

Not in Forbes.

Why is that? The only guy showing in forbes is based in Singapore.

Not in Forbes.

Why is that? The only guy showing in forbes is based in Singapore.
He is Bangladeshi Chairman of Summit Group and so is Salman F Rahman. It’s not in Forbes as no body declare their legal earning and in many cases these are black money.

He is Bangladeshi Chairman of Summit Group and so is Salman F Rahman. It’s not in Forbes as no body declare their legal earning and in many cases these are black money.
How is that a good thing? If richest bd ppl hiding wealth. Talk about low tax revenue...here is ur answer.

How is that a good thing? If richest bd ppl hiding wealth. Talk about low tax revenue...here is ur answer.

I already mentioned in my first message plus money laundering. There are no record in Bangladesh how he got the money in Singapore.

First, read title of the thread and respond on the topic. Second, pick any country in the world outside of subcontinent, and size up both our diaspora (Indian and Bangladeshi) and look up their educational and living standards, you'll find lungis doing chaprassi jobs and Indians (Hindus especially) to be in managerial positions. That should smash your dumb assertion.
Funnier thing is logic of the post, this shonor is celebrating wealth of oil rich Arab nations for boasting purposes, when in reality news if filled with stories of Arabs mistreating scores of Banglas and laborers from subcontinent

I already mentioned in my first message plus money laundering. There are no record in Bangladesh how he got the money in Singapore.
900 million dollar and no record how he got it out from Bangladesh.

The police there enter Bangladeshi labour camps & thrash them, kind of like a collective punishment. :lol:
When a person has no achievements of their own, to salvage their fragile ego, they will lower to extant of leeching achievements of their oppressors and that how a "house shonor" comes into existence

Came across a shonor over here simping for white nationalists despite events of Christchruch in NZ

Govt figures are one thing, other thing is long term confidence in Bangladesh's future
FDIs are often longterm investments by investors, i.e foreign companies seeking returns over 3 to four decades etc

Bangladesh was under military dictatorship until as recent as 1991

From an investor's perspective its never clear when Bangladesh might relapse in dictatorial regime like Myanmar and all investments go down the swamp

Will be sometime before Bangladesh can establish a brand name for itself

Dude, 1991 is 31 years ago and BD has been independent for only 51 years.

It is now under quasi-dictatorship and foreigners are coming in to invest in BD, especial in infrastructure and the SEZs that are being built all over the country.

The difference with BD is that it does not have a "free for all" when it comes to FDI.

It wants the bare minimum FDI in sectors like power where its own companies do not have the financial and technological means to construct these projects themselves.

Too much FDI is very harmful for an economy - look at Thailand which is stuck in the "middle-income trap".

BD is following the E. Asian model of countries like S. Korea and Taiwan by aiming for FDI of 0.5-1% of GDP in order to allow its own companies to develop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom