What's new

Belly landing Gripen today

My mistake on that statement Penguin.
What i ment to say was that Most western nations do not have the same threat enviorment unlike the East. We have far more conflicts there for we have more patrols in the air. So how can you say that the West flys more then the east.

Also you mentioned that elements like flight hr, mantanience should be taken into consideration but this should not be a problem for an aircraft like the girpen. It is a fairly new aircraft it was intorduced in 1996 it has only been 13 years.

On 6 August 2009, a Gripen from F 17 Kallinge belly-landed after a routine mission and skidded off the runway. A minor fire broke out, but it was soon put out by the airbase fire brigade. The cause is believed to be pilot error. The pilot escaped unharmed, and could walk away from the aircraft. SHK will investigate the incident.

Hate how they say its pilot error but they havent actually investigated the incident yet seems some SOB is always ready to blame the pilot.

Second Gripen crash for the Hungarian air force this month. The crashes are considered unconnected but the fleet is still grounded as of now.

The landing gears got stuck and he had to land without wheels and it went of the runway.
Here we have a PAF pilot who land with gears stuck with both fuel tanks great job excellent landing.

a5_crash_fs.jpg
[/IMG]
I cannot see the pic in above post but is it this one?
attachment.php

Wow ... was that some sort of testing or accident?
Any way, seems like pilot did a good job.
seems it was not an ejection. The damn rear canopy is intact and appears to have been opened for egress.

I cannot see the pic in above post but is it this one?
attachment.php
this is what is called as professionalism. the aircraft is still close to center line.

seems it was not an ejection. The damn rear canopy is intact and appears to have been opened for egress.

this is what is called as professionalism. the aircraft is still close to center line.
and notice that it was carrying fuel tanks as well.
A major accident was prevented!!

f

drop tanks must be empty to have it retained otherwise those would have been jettisoned
Would not have jettisoned as the pilot would not have knows he will face this problem at landing. Partial or completely consumed fuel tank would have been a lucky factor however :)

Would not have jettisoned as the pilot would not have knows he will face this problem at landing. Partial or completely consumed fuel tank would have been a lucky factor however :)
He would be knowing that DT are empty otherwise he would have. or may be it is a case of landing gear collapse

He would be knowing that DT are empty otherwise he would have. or may be it is a case of landing gear collapse
I think later is correct as i can see landing gear door open.

I think later is correct as i can see landing gear door open.
It surely looks like one

Back
Top Bottom