What's new

Blogger held in Italy for plotting Jihad

omkar

Reaction score
Rome, June 13 (IANS/AKI) A young Moroccan blogger has been arrested in northern Italy after being accused of plotting terrorist attacks and waging Jihad via the internet.

Anti-terrorism police detained the 21-year-old Moroccan in Brescia city in Lombardy region, and seized documents in which the suspect allegedly incited Muslims to wage holy war against Italy and France.

The Moroccan faces charges of recruitment aimed at international terrorism and inciting racial, ethnic and religious hatred.

The suspect had created an "Italian" branch of the grassroots jihadist movement Sharia4 via his blog, Sharia4Italy, according to investigators.

They said he recently researched possible terror targets and expressed growing interest in the conflict in Syria.

He also said he wanted to join jihadists fighting to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Internet played an important role in the Moroccan's alleged propaganda activities, which involved dissemination of jihadist material, police said.

The Moroccan also used the internet to obtain instructions on explosives, weapons and warfare techniques, police said.

The suspect developed a hatred of the west as a child following Al Qaeda's 9/11 attacks on the US, when he was allegedly victimised and called a "terrorist" and "Taliban", investigators said.

The Sharia4 online network emerged in Belgium in 2010, and has a number of websites.

Blogger held in Italy for plotting Jihad

Wow,after a few name callings he decided to blow things up,how mentally challenged are these people? In my first years at school i was kind of fat and some children used to laugh at me...time to search the internet for bomb making stuff and blow something up in revenge!

Did you know that most of these so called jihadis in the west are former drug addicts and "hard-men" who were involved in crime and other unsavoury acts, and the reason they take part in this so called "jihad" is because they know they are scum and deserve to be in hell so they try and find a quick route to heaven. Stupid Bastards.

Lel, is this even a threat? Even in Pakistan he would have failed, and a first world country is taking this joke seriously?
I mean the way he works just screams out loud "I'm mentally retarded, please give me attention"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom