What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

Mr.Munshi are you sure its blocked?Because I can access it still.

What connection do you use?BTCL?

May be they blocked it,but I can still access it.

The blockage is not water tight but the government has adopted a policy of restricting access to my blog in Bangladesh.

The blockage is not water tight but the government has adopted a policy of restricting access to my blog in Bangladesh.

Munshi bhai

Sorry to hear that. All bangladeshi and islamic nationalist forced has become their target and you probably on top of the list since you have written a fact book about their master.I will not be surprise if these awami take you down as jamat-shibir. They have become wild dogs. May Allah be with you brother.

War plans made as early as '69: Hasina | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

After reading this, anyone can say/question/blame that Mujibur Rahman had been planning for dependence of BD and he did plan/conspiracy in Agartala, India with the help of Indians. Thus Indians induced Mujib for war against wPK or Mujib were greedy for power. But PK did not allow that conspiracy and arrested Mujib and problem begun from then i.e. violence by PK authority on BD people.

So Mujib started the flame illegally at first which compelled PK to torture BD people, right? But, actually, PK did not start violence at first.

*Correct me if I'm wrong.

Brotherbangladesh, please do not come with your Razakar craps anymore. You people wanted us to remain slaves to Punjabis. But remember, Bangal ke upar Bangali Raj karega. No amount of excuse for going against the independence and separation would suffice.

You the Razakaars did the most heineous crimes by killing your own countrymen in the name of unity with people from another country who were killitng us. Stop all the abuses against our INDEPENDENT STRUGGLE.

And why do you think that the (west) Pakistanis were forced to act on 25th March? It was the opposite because the Punjabi dominated army was not willing to accept Bangali dominance. There were not ceding power to the elective representatives. If you want to remain a slave, then better vacate our country and go for a Hijrat.

I did not watch the decade of 70, also do not know any Pakistani or Indian who said me about 71. No one of my FnF have time for past history or neither they are interested like me. But it's me who suddenly found this forum, then became interested and who is disturbed by AL’s continuous bulling. I know Razakar is a sensitive issue. And all I said about them is that they were not as exactly as like AL says.

Have a look there:

1. Pk did misrule…..........it is their fault.............I agree….....………you agree…..they are sorry.
2. Pk killed brutally.......… they are guilty…......... I agree….…....you agree…....…they are sorry.
3. Some Razakers helped PK in brutality..........they are guilty… I agree….you agree….......don't know how they feel now.
4. I said India & Mujib did conspiracy...........they are guilty......…I agree....don't know either you are agree or not...…….they feel proud.
5. I said all Razakars were not bad........I agree ……you are not agree.

So in above, we disagree to each other in 2 matters out of 5 matters. So you cannot call me guilty-Razakar also I do not do any politics and have seen 71. All I wanted to say after reviewing, as my intuition, the past history both closely and aerially, keeping myself away from AL media, that the Mujib conspired (recently our PM said that Mujib were planning for war)for war which compelled/forced PK to do brutality to keep the situation in hand. And if some people support PK against Mujib’s activity then they were not guilty. I did not said that PK were entirely right and only said that AL is bulling foully and all Razakars were not bad as AL says i. e. some Razakars saw/thought that Mujib was not right.

I know it's a human instinct to mix up everything sometimes (e.g. once you said Indian products are inferior and once you said TATA company are welcomed in BD) but when I've reviewed closely/separately then I've got that - only PK or Razakars were not guilty but the Mujib and India too. So you cannot call me Razakar for being differ with at 2 points out of 5. May be you will agree with me if you will think the points/facts separately. I'm not taking against our independents but I'm saying that Mujib failed to negotiate or greedy or influenced by India and all Razakars were not bad. Many older have seen the 71 in their own eyes, may be you have seen 71 too with your own eyes, but I've seen 71 in men’s opinions. If you judge in 71 from BD’s view then I judge 71 on basis of both BD’s view and PK’s view. PK did misrule so BD were not satisfied. On the other hand India took that scope and Mujib were with Indians also greedy for power too. Razakar were with PK does not mean all of them were guilty except them who directly helped PK army in killing.

And about slavery of others, I just say: NO WAY. But I want good relation without misunderstanding. So it’s better to stay away from quarrel on past with you since I only differ with you in 2 points out of 5. We do not want more dividation among BD people though everyone is not same.

I’m not a child any more,
Life is opened the door-
To the new exciting life.
It’s all written down…..
It’s written down in………………….. (Both sides)

You and I just have a dream.
To build out a Bangladesh-
Without dividation…………………….

-a song

Regards.

And if someone still wants to tell me that I'm wrong then I will say that I do not want to confined within their thinking though I'm truly Bangladeshi. Tnx.

Last edited:
I'm 25 and going to take admission in MS next month but I thought about those problems when I was 20 and I really nothing comparing to other BD members' talent. And if someone still wants to tell me that I'm wrong then I will say that I do not want to confined within their thinking though I'm truly Bangladeshi. Tnx.

We are all bangladeshis however some are Islamic and other are Bengali minded(tagore lover).

What are you studying bro?

I am an EE grad.

^post#218 plus:

As a human being we cannot forget the past even we want. So every year we discuss on 71 and there are some controversies between people. I want to suggest something for sake of maximum satisfaction among citizens of the both countries to improve the understanding between pk-bd. So, please, do not tell me that I’m talking against BD’s independent neither I have any intension. Actually, I want to minimize the misunderstanding which still remained between us in little extent. And I’m sure now that both of us are well as separate country and as M_saint said me before it was our fate i.e. one day we will be separate. Pak is benefited by separating from us and may be are also. Now we only need well wish for each other and if possible then well cooperation economically and strategically.

Pakistan can say diplomatically that “Although we believe for obvious reasons that there were conspiracies behind 71 situation but we apologize for our misrule and brutality against Bangladeshi people because we believe that the big responsibility was belong to us.”

I think that type of statement can make both countries satisfy.

Now India has two Muslim neighbours who are opposed to its hegemony. Before 71 the East wing was made busy fighting with the West wing which should have kept India happy but they went for short term gain. Indira Gandhi well new the risks of breaking Pakistan but took it anyway. She thought that may be Bangladesh would remain a complaint neighbour. Things did not stay that way after 1975 and even now it seems Hasina is turning against India and towards China.

Bangladesh PM’s trip to China: India Watching Closely

Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s recent trip to China, following close on the heels of her January trip to India, demonstrates Bangladeshi leaders are leveraging the country’s increasingly important geostrategic position vis-à-vis Asia’s two rising powers. India is watching closely and with a certain degree of concern China’s growing interest in establishing links to South Asia, India’s traditional sphere of influence. The U.S., too, must find new ways to partner with Bangladesh – a country with the world’s third largest Muslim population – to encourage democratic trends, steady development of the country’s economy, and efforts to keep Islamist extremists at bay.

According to Bangladeshi Foreign Minister Dipu Moni, during Sheikh Hasina’s trip to China, she gained pledges from China to finance further development of the Chittagong sea port as well as rail links from Chittagong through Burma to Yunnan province in China. Though not specifically in the joint statement between the two countries, this move will give Bangladesh the upgrades it needs to increase productivity and capabilities in Chittagong and give China an access route to the Indian Ocean for its goods. The port of Chittagong in Bangladesh, along with ports in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Burma, is often cited as a new outlet for China’s strategic and commercial purposes, giving it access to the Indian Ocean, a counter to Indian influence, and an alternative to the Malacca Straits route.

Yet, in her trip to India in January, Prime Minister Hasina also agreed to the opening up of the Chittagong port to goods shipped to and from India, Nepal, and Bhutan. In addition, the United States has been active in Chittagong with the USS Patriot, a mine countermeasures ship, finishing a week long part call there on March 19. The USS Patriot is already the third U.S. naval vessel to visit Chittagong this year. Thus, it seems Bangladesh is seeking to leverage its strategically located port to bring in as much business, partnerships, and naval visits as possible to increase the country’s economic and political status.

At a multilateral level, press reports indicate Prime Minister Hasina appealed to China to be more active in its observer role in the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). In the joint statement, Bangladesh “expressed support for Chinese efforts to enhance cooperation with the SAARC community.”

The U.S. must also remain closely engaged in promoting South Asia regional cooperation, serving as an active observer within the SAARC. Asian allies Japan, South Korea, and Australia also have observer status within the SAARC. In coordination with these Asian allies, the U.S. should encourage South Asia countries to continue to lower barriers to trade, increase mechanisms for consolidating democracy, and improve counterterrorism cooperation efforts.

The increased Chinese engagement in South Asia and visits like that of the Bangladeshi PM to Beijing highlight the need for the U.S. to demonstrate the benefits of its own leadership and influence in the region and to collaborate more closely with India on initia*tives that strengthen economic development and democratic trends in the region.

Bangladesh PM?s trip to China: India Watching Closely | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Bangla bid for closer ties with China irks India

Kalyan Barooah

The Assam Tribune

NEW DELHI, March 22 – Bangladesh’s bid to forge closer ties with China by offering transit rights and seeking to establish road and rail links between Chittagong and Kunming has irked India.

New Delhi’s displeasure with the turn of events in distant Beijing found reflection in 37th India-Bangladesh Joint River Commission meet that concluded late on Friday evening, without signing of the joint declaration. An understanding was reached to sign an agreement later this year.

A statement was issued at the end of the two-day conference, which touched on the broad issues discussed at the meeting. Dhaka had to rush in its Foreign Secretary, Mijarul Quayes to re-assure Delhi that its interest would not be hurt.

According to sources, what had upset India was Dhaka’s offer of the same trade and transit facilities like access to Chittagong Port to China. During her five-day China tour, Prime Minister. Sheikh Hasina also visited Kunming and met Premier Wen Jiabao, besides other top officials.

Dhaka has agreed to allow Beijing to use its Chittagong Port facility, as it was offered to India. The Government of Bangladesh has offered to upgrade the facility, enhancing its efficiency and capacity. Further, Bangladesh has sought China’s assistance for its proposed deep sea port in the Bay of Bengal, as part of the ‘Look East Policy’ initiated by the previous BNP regime, sources said.

During the last visit of Prime Minister of Bangladesh to India, it was agreed that India, Bhutan and Nepal would be allowed to use Chittagong and Mongla Ports and now with China joining the race, New Delhi is faced with a whole new scenario, sources added.

Sources said the proposed Chittagong-Kunming railway and road links via Myanmar is crucial to India’s interest. China proposed to up link through Myanmar, which has been accepted by Bangladesh, sources said.

Sources said the Chittagong-Kunming road is envisaged to be the gateway between South Asia and Southeast Asia. Bangladesh has already held meetings with Myanmar to work out the road network, sources said.

During the Prime Minister’s visit, China and Dhaka discussed in detail the proposed 1,800 km Chittagong-Kunming road and rail network through Myanmar ostensibly to boost trade, commerce and technical assistance between the two countries.

Interestingly, New Delhi has so far been downplaying the demand to revive the historic Stilwell Road linking Assam and Arunachal Pradesh with Kunming via Myanmar owing to security concerns and objections by the Defence Ministry.

Further, to India’s chagrin, Bangladesh and China also discussed about sharing hydrological data of Brahmaputra river that flows out of Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR).

The joint statement issued after the meeting between the Prime Minister and Jibao said that the two sides agreed to carry out sustainable cooperation on hydrological data sharing and flood control of river Brahmaputra, in view of its necessity to disaster reduction in Bangladesh.

The two sides agreed to strengthen cooperation on water resources management, hydrological data sharing, and flood-control and disaster reduction, based on exchange of letters between the Ministries of Water Resources of the two countries in 2005. At the request of the Bangladesh side, the Chinese side agreed to provide assistance for dredging of riverbeds and for capacity building through training of personnel.

Meanwhile, the 37th meeting of the Indo-Bangladesh Joint River Commission Bangladesh side expressed that it is indeed grateful to India for transmitting flood related data from a number of stations in India which helped provide flood forecasts. To minimize loss of lives and properties during flood, Bangladesh requested India to transmit more flood related data from further upstream stations on a continuous basis during the entire monsoon period.

On the Tipaimukh Dam Project, the Indian side reiterated its commitment that it would not take steps that might have adverse impact on Bangladesh. India also conveyed its earlier assurance that it would not take any unilateral decision on its proposed river inter-linking project that might affect Bangladesh.

Now India has two Muslim neighbours who are opposed to its hegemony. Before 71 the East wing was made busy fighting with the West wing which should have kept India happy but they went for short term gain. Indira Gandhi well new the risks of breaking Pakistan but took it anyway. She thought that may be Bangladesh would remain a complaint neighbour. Things did not stay that way after 1975 and even now it seems Hasina is turning against India and towards China.

If we ignore occasional rhetoric from Al, Pakistan and Bangladesh enjoy warmth relation despite bloody past. Bharat must be hating it thus I get your point. :smokin:

May be la-hasina being force into by other key actors to improve china-bangladesh relation......:cool:

The ultimate goal of AL should be to stay in Power but not to be stooge of India. So in this regard, if ever AL will reduce its relation with India and seek out more collaboration with others then I won’t be surprised. And if max BDans will want good relation with China instead of India then why AL will remain as Indian stooge which can decrease the support of people to AL.

695ba3d5f5ea86127e9383137183bf1b.gif

The ultimate goal of AL should be to stay in Power but not to be stooge of India. So in this regard, if ever AL will reduce its relation with India and seek out more collaboration with others then I won’t be surprised. And if max BDans will want good relation with China instead of India then why AL will remain as Indian stooge which can decrease the support of people to AL.

695ba3d5f5ea86127e9383137183bf1b.gif

The AL faces a serious difficulty in this regard. They are already unpopular in the country and if India turns against the AL then it will be extremely difficult to remain in power. As the BNP had mass support they could oppose India. Unfortunately the BNP only did this very rarely. Ziaur Rahman always tried to prevent Indian encroachment and was so assassinated probably by a RAW plan.

Back
Top Bottom