What's new

BRICS declaration may strain China-Pak ties: Chinese scholar

As regards to Ayub Khan, if I'm correct he come into power through a coup?
Yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayub_...President_of_Pakistan_.281960.E2.80.931969.29
Personally I don't think a honest leader can come into office in Pakistan through a democratic process simply because the entire Pakistani political establishment is corrupt to the core. The establishment politicians will not want a honest individual with real aims to come into power because that will undermine their looting of the country.

And seeing how much of a mess the Pakistani political establishment is I don't think a good person would want to waste their time rolling in the mud with these people.

But even if an honest individual somehow made it through and got into power within the Pakistani political system as an elected official he's going to eventually become corrupt if he intends to work within the status quo since the very nature of democracy makes implementing any long term strategies useless because the next term someone else will come in and overturn the decisions of the previous administration. Therefore it would be more profitable to loot the country rather than try to fix it's problems.
Imran Khan is a hope because he as an individual is not corrupt and only 1 guy in PTI's top positions have corruption charges/allegations i still see him as a hope.

These crooked politicians, media anchors and pseudo intellectuals always tell the people that "the worst democracy is better than the best dictatorship"...I wonder where they got this joke from.

The media peddles lies because that is the livelihood of these journalists and news anchors. They thrive on controversy which many times is their own creation.

Either they are ignorant or trying to make a fool out of the masses when they make statements like "every prosperous nation has a democratic system in place"...They don't know what system is being followed in China? Perhaps they are unaware of statesmen like Lee Kuan Yew, Mahathir Muhammad, Franco etc.
Unfortunately the average person is gullible which is why they are so easily manipulated by liars from every angle including the media. But it is only natural that the great majority of people are not geniuses or know-it-alls because not everyone can be a genius. In no society in the present or the past will there be such an example. The issue is who controls the information outlet and how they use it.

I'm not sure if the media owners are unaware but even if they knew of a better alternative to Democracy they would not cover it because it would not allow their industry of lies to thrive.

A combination of both.
A person who has spent his fortune on election campaign will definitely try to earn more once he is in the office. Or if his election campaign or running for the office has been funded by some industrialists, he will do anything which pleases his backers once he is in power. Someone who is a businessman will always pursue policies which are beneficial for his own business.
True indeed.

Very true.
The inherent flaw with democracy is that votes are counted and not weighed. The vote of a scholar is equal to the vote of a drug peddler.
If a donkey and a man competes in such an election, let's say that the donkeys outnumber the men in that district then it is anyone's guess who will win the election.
The problems mushroom if democracy is implemented in a country like Pakistan where the literacy rate is low, election rigging is a norm, and where people vote on the basis of ethnicity rather than capability and where votes can be bought for a couple of bucks.
Precisely how I see it as well. The average person is easily manipulated but then again not everyone can be a leader.

^^^
Fits on the Pakistani democracy very well.
Take the example of our foreign minister who has no qualification to hold such an office.
Most of them get their positions through nepotism rather than merit.

Then in that case he came into power outside the process of Democracy and he was also a general in the Pakistani Army which is why he was a great leader.

The army is very hierarchical and thus the positions of leadership within the army are achieved through a merit based system of selection which is why the PA is considered the least corrupt if not corrupt at all, of the Pakistani institutions.

But if course, that's not to say that a country should be run like an army however certain internal structures of the army can be universally applied to all of the other vital institutions.

Imran Khan is a hope because he as an individual is not corrupt and only 1 guy in PTI's top positions have corruption charges/allegations i still see him as a hope.
I hope so. Let's see how it goes with him and his party.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom