What's new

Brothers kill sister for performing on TV in Pak: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbar

Reaction score
Brothers kill sister for performing on TV in Pak: Report

LONDON: Ashamed of her growing popularity, two brothers allegedly shot dead their singer sister in Peshawar last week for performing on television.

The murder of Ayman Udas, who was in her early thirties, has shocked the city's cultural community as it symbolises a backlash against women and cultural freedom in an area that is increasingly dominated by Islamic fundamentalists, 'The Sunday Times' reported on Sunday.

Udas sang and wrote compositions in her native Pashto language, spoken in the tribal areas and the North-West Frontier province, she also frequently performed on PTV, the state-run channel.

Despite Udas's popularity her family felt it was sinful for women performing on television and strongly opposed her.

According to the report, her two brothers reportedly entered her flat last week while her husband was out and fired three bullets into her chest. Neither has been caught.

The final song performed by Udas on screen seems to have portended her death. It was entitled, "I died but still live among the living, because I live on in the dreams of my lover."

A divorced mother of two, Udas had remarried ten days before she was murdered.

WTF..Crazy Fanatics.I hope they get caught by Police and then hang them by balls! :mad:

stop promoting hate against pakistan and islam..
i dont kow why u ppls dont show us other cases of west and of indians
keep yours stories with u
and shame on brother like him...it is totally against islam to kill an innocent person

"I have always maintained that no nation can ever be worthy of its existence that cannot take its women along with the men. No struggle can ever succeed without women participating side by side with men. There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a great competition and rivalry between the two. There is a third power stronger than both, that of the women."
Speech at Islamia College for women March 25, 1940

"No nation can rise to the height of glory unless your women are side by side with you. We are victims of evil customs. It is a crime against humanity that our women are shut up within the four walls of the houses as prisoners. There is no sanction anywhere for the deplorable condition in which our women have to live."
Speech at a meeting of the Muslim University Union, Aligarh March 10, 1944.

Mohammad Ali Jinnah

The perpetrators should be hanged.

It's not only in Pakistan it happens in India too, infact it happnes everywhere.

Brothers ‘kill’ sister
VIZIANAGARAM: Land dispute between brothers and sister led to the murder of the latter at Sakivalasa village in Bhogapuram mandal on Saturday. According to Circle Inspector Ch. Papa Rao, N. Ramana and N. Lakshmana hit their sister Kalyanapu Satyavathi, 45, on the head with a sharp weapon.

While she died on the spot, her husband K. Narayana, who went to her rescue suffered injuries and was admitted to district headquarter hospital.

The brothers are at large.

stop promoting hate against pakistan and islam..
i dont kow why u ppls dont show us other cases of west and of indians
keep yours stories with u
and shame on brother like him...it is totally against islam to kill an innocent person

Nobody is promoting hate against Pakistan and Islam, other than Pakistanis themselves.

See, most people, Muslim or any other, are offended by how un-Muslim, how un-Islamic are those of us Pakistanis who claim that they motivated by and justify their behaviour with reference to Islam -- You will also have noted that no national level Mullah and no political party that "uses" (abuses) religion has condemned such thought and behaviour

If Pakistanis and Muslims in general were not so self-righteous and defensive, they may not react in the hostile and self pitying manner, and instead would join with others in recognizing that all are offened, not just Pakistanis.

@ HM,

Wow! How is posting this spreading hatred against pakistan or islam? are you suggesting its an islamic thing?

Don't be so blind, the dancer Shabana, from mingora who was killed by taliban a few months ago, there were posters here who were not sure if they did anything wrong. Please understand the slippery slope of moral purity and enforcement. Its a subjective game and anybody can be at the receiving end.

The difference between a crime and a moral enforcement crime is that when you kill one shabana or one Ayman, the door closes on thousands others.

@ HM,

Wow! How is posting this spreading hatred against pakistan or islam? are you suggesting its an islamic thing?

Don't be so blind, the dancer Shabana, from mingora who was killed by taliban a few months ago, there were posters here who were not sure if they did anything wrong. Please understand the slippery slope of moral purity and enforcement. Its a subjective game and anybody can be at the receiving end.

The difference between a crime and a moral enforcement crime is that when you kill one shabana or one Ayman, the door closes on thousands others.

Ohh please spare us the BS will you. We have seen certain Indians posting anti Pakistan news all the time here and yes that includes you as well, so spare us the self righteous crap of yours.
Moreover if you read her post again you will understand that she too is condemning the incident however how Pakistanis decide to react on issues related to Pakistan is purely our business, we don't need lectures from Indians over that. Worry about your own mess while we take care of ours.Godspeed.

Nobody is promoting hate against Pakistan and Islam, other than Pakistanis themselves.

See, most people, Muslim or any other, are offended by how un-Muslim, how un-Islamic are those of us Pakistanis who claim that they motivated by and justify their behaviour with reference to Islam -- You will also have noted that no national level Mullah and no political party that "uses" (abuses) religion has condemned such thought and behaviour

If Pakistanis and Muslims in general were not so self-righteous and defensive, they may not react in the hostile and self pitying manner, and instead would join with others in recognizing that all are offened, not just Pakistanis.

It would be nice if you take off your anti-Pakistan shades and stop seeing things in black and white.

Ohh please spare us the BS will you. We have seen certain Indians posting anti Pakistan news all the time here and yes that includes you as well, so spare us the self righteous crap of yours.
Moreover if you read her post again you will understand that she too is condemning the incident however how Pakistanis decide to react on issues related to Pakistan is purely our business, we don't need lectures from Indians over that. Worry about your own mess while we take care of ours.Godspeed.

You Sir are a liar. You said i'm always posting anti pakistani news, now go to my profile and check how many anti pakistani threads have I started, prove what you accuse me of or i'll assume you are just a liar and a coward who has no guts to see the reality. Denial will do your undoing, I hope.

And if you have a problem indian commenting on issues in pakistan, please take it up with admins and get the policy changed. Atleast indians posting news have the decency not to change the thread title to a flame bait.

And get rid your non state actors too, so that we can completely ignore you.

Basically its not about religion or country, but its the fact that such things are happening for real and its not good. And most ofter it takes years for our Judiciary system to get the criminal convicted or some time due to lack of evidence the criminal get off without any charges and due to this the moral of the criminal are high. There are some Amendments need in the system so that such thing dosent happen. :tsk:

i dont want to repeat the lectures..Jus want to say that discussion on these kind of local news will help nthing..
World is doing what nd we r crying over what?

i dont want to repeat the lectures..Jus want to say that discussion on these kind of local news will help nthing..
World is doing what nd we r crying over what?

What you say is right, not only about this topic but all the other topic in this forum are discussed. But still its better to threads so that we can have opinion from different ppls.

Why do we even discuss such lame post on such forum. i mean this kind of stuff happens everywhere.
There is nothing pakistan in this hideous act by this guy. He could have been from anywhere.
- its a media way of making money - if a dog bites a boy its not news but if that boy bites the dog it becomes breaking news. .
we have serious issues to have discourse upon such news don't - have a good platforme to have a meaningful and constructive discourse.

Really sad to hear about it, may she rest in peace. Hate it when such things happen, people in pakistan have to grow out of their old ways of thinking, and need to face the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom