What's new

Can Pakistan produce/acquire these kinds of subs?

Can Pakistan produce or acquire these kinds of ballistic missiles subs.Or can we add cruise missiles to these subs and also to our current agosta subs.I am not an expert so will like to get some good opinions.No trolling please be serious.

thanks i have heard that too, but i was asking if we can make them carry Ballistic missiles and cruise missiles.Not like nuclear in terms of nuclear reactor but able to carry nuclear missiles.

Sir watch this vid:

wrt the PN and SSBN, 10.10 should be worth watching but the entire vid is useful to understand exactly how hard it is to devlop a SSBN.

Definately not harder than making a nuke-

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that Pakistan announced it's own nuclear powered sub one day after indian laucnh as a knee jerk reaction. Neither the indian sub was a surprise nor Pakistan's decision to announce it's own nuclear sub ambitions a leap in the dark.

Pakistan has been working on this project for a very long time and the decission to buy/build Agosta subs in Pakistan and then retro-fit of MESMA Air Independant propulsion system was aslo part of the same long term vision.

Purely from my estimates, Pakistan's own 100% indiginous nuclear propulsion could already be under testing....

Actually in many ways it is. Sir, this guy is an independant expert, if he says it is long way away for Pakistan and near impossible for them on their own then he is not lieing.

Actually it's a very complex process to that, this can be seen by comparing the years of first nuclear bomb explosion & first SSN/SSBN induction by the six nuclear weapon states:

USA - First weapon test in 1945 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1954 (took 9 years)
USSR/Russia - First weapon test in 1949 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1959/60 (took 10 years)
China - First weapon test in 1964 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1974 (took 10 years)
France - First weapon test in 1960 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1971 (took 11 years)
UK - First weapon test in 1952 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1963 (took 11 years)
India - First weapon test in 1974 while first Nuke sub commissioning in 2013 (took 39 years, India wasn't inclined to it earlier)

Actually miniaturization of a nuclear reactor that occupy huge space on land & that too for a platform which is always in motion deep in the sea is the most complex engineering challenge that require lot of time & lot of investments, India is still facing troubles in it even after Russian, French & Israeli help to it's SSBN project, it will take atleast another decade for India to master the art of Nuclear submarine.

For Further read:

Nuclear-Powered Ships | Nuclear Submarines

Can Pakistan produce or acquire these kinds of ballistic missiles subs.Or can we add cruise missiles to these subs and also to our current agosta subs.I am not an expert so will like to get some good opinions.No trolling please be serious.

Pakistan severely lack Submarine manufacturing tech n capability even the Augustas were kind of assembled n not made from scratch in Pak, besides nuke subs r much bigger than diesel electric subs another issue is miniaturized nuke reactor for the sub although there r rumours that Pak is working on that front but looking at the past decades, Pak has clearly failed to make progress on indigenous nuke reactor based on the original it recieved before sanction so i have my reservations with regards to miniature nuke reactor capabilities besides nuke fuel limitations r also being faced by Pak....

Not only all this SLBM r not easily derieved from BM as they have length n width restrictions due to Sub structure so they require a lot of R&D work n Considering the resource crunch Pak economy n PN r going through indigenous development will take at least a decade unless China provides a helping hand...:agree:

I think at SLCMs can be integrated with Augusta Subs with few modifications but for that Pak needs to first develop a SLCM...

As far as acquisition is concerned i don't think anybody will provide u Subs with SLBMs not even China but Chinese can definitely help u guys is design n manufacture of such Subs...

I think that some people might not agree with my views so a better person to call here is @Penguin he an expert on Naval matters...:)

Actually in many ways it is. Sir, this guy is an independant expert, if he says it is long way away for Pakistan and near impossible for them on their own then he is not lieing.

You think he is not lying because he is saying exactly what you want to hear-
I have read many experts of their time claiming the same for Pakistans nuclear program- they all bite the dust so will he- and all his mesmerisers- we are a proud nuclear soon to be operating nuclear subs nation-

Pakistan severely lack Submarine manufacturing tech n capability even the Augustas were kind of assembled n not made from scratch in Pak, besides nuke subs r much bigger than diesel electric subs another issue is miniaturized nuke reactor for the sub although there r rumours that Pak is working on that front but looking at the past decades, Pak has clearly failed to make progress on indigenous nuke reactor based on the original it recieved before sanction so i have my reservations with regards to miniature nuke reactor capabilities besides nuke fuel limitations r also being faced by Pak....

Not only all this SLBM r not easily derieved from BM as they have length n width restrictions due to Sub structure so they require a lot of R&D work n Considering the resource crunch Pak economy n PN r going through indigenous development will take at least a decade unless China provides a helping hand...:agree:

I think at SLCMs can be integrated with Augusta Subs with few modifications but for that Pak needs to first develop a SLCM...

As far as acquisition is concerned i don't think anybody will provide u Subs with SLBMs not even China but Chinese can definitely help u guys is design n manufacture of such Subs...

I think that some people might not agree with my views so a better person to call here is @Penguin he an expert on Naval matters...:)

Totally agreed. A better alternative for Pakistan Navy would be using SLCMs on board AIP-equipped conventional submarines. Multiple assets will ensure maximum survivability, instead of one or two SSBNs, which could be cornered and hunted down relatively easily (considering that Pakistan wouldn't be able to make ultra-quiet SSBNs for the first time).

Actually it's a very complex process to that, this can be seen by comparing the years of first nuclear bomb explosion & first SSN/SSBN induction by the six nuclear weapon states:

USA - First weapon test in 1945 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1954 (took 9 years)
USSR/Russia - First weapon test in 1949 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1959/60 (took 10 years)
China - First weapon test in 1964 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1974 (took 10 years)
France - First weapon test in 1960 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1971 (took 11 years)
UK - First weapon test in 1952 while first Nuke sub commissioned in 1963 (took 11 years)
India - First weapon test in 1974 while first Nuke sub commissioning in 2013 (took 39 years, India wasn't inclined to it earlier)

Actually miniaturization of a nuclear reactor that occupy huge space on land & that too for a platform which is always in motion deep in the sea is the most complex engineering challenge that require lot of time & lot of investments, India is still facing troubles in it even after Russian, French & Israeli help to it's SSBN project, it will take atleast another decade for India to master the art of Nuclear submarine.

For Further read:

Nuclear-Powered Ships | Nuclear Submarines

O bhai the nuclear powered subs idea came late-
Imagine your argument and compare it to how long humans have taken to create a nuclear bomb?- 19 and almost half centuries?-
I am sure you know its the resolve that matters once the idea is there-
Now compare that to how much time US has taken to make nuclear weapon once the idea was there start from manhatan project- and compare with how much time it took other countries to follow suit once the technology is there-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom