What's new

Charlie Hebdo protesters storm Christian boys' school in Bannu!

828418-image-1422368828-228-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: AFP

PESHAWAR: Hundreds of students protesting against a French magazine for publishing cartoons of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) stormed a Christian boys’ school demanding it close, officials and police said Tuesday.

Four students were slightly hurt in the incident in which took place in Bannu on Monday, which happened as students from local colleges and schools demonstrated against the cartoons printed in French satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo.

“A group of some 200 to 300 protesting students entered Panel High School after jumping its outer walls and forcibly opened the gates,” school principal Fredrick Farhan Das told AFP.

He said the students who wanted the school to be shut damaged the property and smashed windows.

“This caused kind of a stampede, which slightly injured four students,” Das said.

He said the school remained closed on Tuesday in protest against the incident and will re-open on Wednesday.

District police officer Abdul Rashid Khan confirmed the incident but said it was not thought to be an anti-Christian attack.

Two gunmen stormed the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo earlier this month, killing 12 people.

Under the country’s strict blasphemy laws, insulting Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) can carry the death penalty, and the country’s prime minister and parliament have strongly condemned the publication of the cartoons.

At least three people were injured on January 16 when protesters and police clashed at an anti-Charlie Hebdo demonstration outside the French consulate in Karachi.
Charlie Hebdo protesters storm Christian boys’ school in Bannu – The Express Tribune

Hahahaha! :D

@Soumitra @LeveragedBuyout @Metanoia @Star Wars @naveen mishra @Razia Sultana @OrionHunter @levina @Capt.Popeye @faisal6309 @SrNair @Jzaib @SamantK @pak-marine @Jazzbot @venu309 @Peaceful Civilian @rockstarIN @BDforever @utraash @Pakistani Exile @DRAY @Lord Zen @wolfschanzze @ghazaliy2k @Jf Thunder @TimeTraveller @jbgt90 @jamahir @SAMEET @F-15I
Thanks For Tagging Sir.........:cheers:............:o:

Do Pakistanis also wear this kind of dresses, like Arabs?

The picture is not from Pakistan,i guess and i am 100% sure not from Bannu atleast except the first pic in the OP

Bhai!
Since you are from Bannu so can you please clarify us regarding this incidence. Are these protesters really managed to get into that school and are these pictures posted by the OP really of that protest.
Thanks!

Many of my cousin study in this school and is the school of top choice in the city.I will confirm it to you later tonight but as far as i know,they didn't made it to the school inside.Point to note is that this is a Co educational school,So making inside a coeducation school filled with female student is next to impossible in Bannu.

Why don't they storm the French Embassy instead?Don't have balls enough for that?
What did Christian Boys school do?They didn't publish those Cartoons.
they tried to, police beat the sh*t out of them, so embassy is more important than school

Bloody savages. It would have been good to have opened fire with live rounds.

What the hell did they want there? The story is confusing. Did they want the school shut because it is a Christian school, which makes no sense, as it has been there for years. Or were they demanding its closure in solidarity with their march? Either reason is stupid beyond belief.

By the way, there are a few pictures attached to this article that were not from this particular march, but from others in the country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom