Attachments

• 20200516_123925[1].jpg
    20200516_123925[1].jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20191005-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20191005-WA0004.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 21
haha great to her so much reply :)

I am currently trying to grow a single chili tree - and it grows and grows and grows, but bears no chilies LMFAO

it depends on the chili type some type need more time:
some habaneros grow slow until they begin to explode and end up like a bush..
than there are early types like sweet cayyene

also you need to give them enough light and a warm place to grow

as I said best time to begin in germany is end of february in may you can put them outside (after eisheiligen) but remeber they dont know UV light it could burn them so bring them out on eg rainy days without direct sun light..

this year I faced many problems:
aphids I had to use two differnt posion against them
not much light at home no artificial lights
than some had been burned because I was on work and no one helped out..
than I was stingy and did not buy good fertilizer
now I used a little bit too much on some plants

next year I will do it better :D

if you like peppers and specially the habarero type you can buy this on amazon:
pepper-king-habanero-kessel-chips-125g.jpg

@Captain_Azeri

its really good and spicy without chemicals and EXX or any other artificial stuff just potatos peppers, garlic and so on..

but for some people this might be too much and others say this is nothing but real habaneros spiciness are beyond this potato chips its just a glimpse from faar away..

if you like

There are some seasonal chips available at the Rewe Market which come with the PAIN challenge.

Try those.

Jalapenos will feel like salted Eggplant when you wean yourself on Habanero

haha great to her so much reply :)

it depends on the chili type some type need more time:
some habaneros grow slow until they begin to explode and end up like a bush..
than there are early types like sweet cayyene

also you need to give them enough light and a warm place to grow

as I said best time to begin in germany is end of february in may you can put them outside (after eisheiligen) but remeber they dont know UV light it could burn them so bring them out on eg rainy days without direct sun light..

this year I faced many problems:
aphids I had to use two differnt posion against them
not much light at home no artificial lights
than some had been burned because I was on work and no one helped out..
than I was stingy and did not buy good fertilizer
now I used a little bit too much on some plants

next year I will do it better :D

if you like peppers and specially the habarero type you can buy this on amazon:
pepper-king-habanero-kessel-chips-125g.jpg

@Captain_Azeri

its really good and spicy without chemicals and EXX or any other artificial stuff just potatos peppers, garlic and so on..

but for some people this might be too much and others say this is nothing but real habaneros spiciness are beyond this potato chips its just a glimpse from faar away..
We will see how the Chili Baum will continue to grow ... like I said.. there are no chilis but it continues to grow... maybe I could usw it as a christmas tree if nothing changes... ^^

thank for the recommendation - Ill try them

We will see how the Chili Baum will continue to grow ... like I said.. there are no chilis but it continues to grow... maybe I could usw it as a christmas tree if nothing changes... ^^

thank for the recommendation - Ill try them
do you know the chili type?

is it Chili de Arbol (wich also means Baumchili) ? or did the seeds had been black seeds (rocoto type) ? if it is a rocoto type than good luck mine did not had many chili peppers but it grow big.. maybe cou can put a picture of your chili tree :)

I will post a picture... Today I am not at home, but I can say, that it's a Baumchili -
do you know the chili type?

is it Chili de Arbol (wich also means Baumchili) ? or did the seeds had been black seeds (rocoto type) ? if it is a rocoto type than good luck mine did not had many chili peppers but it grow big.. maybe cou can put a picture of your chili tree :)

@Timur

Although I never had any experience with cultivation/ gardening and I have been living in various apartments only without any outdoor yard since I was 19, I was always fascinated by it.

I recently started a small indoor Aquaponics project (pilot scale, built everything myself, mostly with scrapped materials) during the beginning of this Covid-19 outbreak when working from home became a norm. Thanks a lot to youtube videos and facebook groups..

I have successfully germinated and am currently growing bell pepper, cayenne pepper, cilantro, lettuce (not doing very well), Cherry tomatoes and have plan for more leafy vegetables soon. The plants are grown a little more than your first pic now and I hope I can maintain them till they start fruiting. A little worried as everything is in my bedroom and without sunlight (I am using cheap Chinese grow-lights)..

upload_2020-7-21_14-53-59.png

upload_2020-7-21_14-54-27.png

Aquaponics

NICE!

these tone mineral balls are for aquaponics I guess sounds interesting but for me it may be too difficult to cultivate this way I think :)

for artificial lights: I think its a good thing but if they grow you need bigger ones and those use too much elctricity sometimes I think you can get better plants with artificial light, growing them at home until a special height was ok for me and they looked nice but here I have some place to grow them outside so its cheaper for me

but with the weather conditions here + parasites the change in wet and sunny days does harm the plants a little bit..

from 2006 that one was my best plant ever.. Habanero Red Savina with more than 100 peppers but I was on vaccation and left it to a friend he did not touch the peppers so some rot a little bit
beichili.jpg

vielechilis.jpg thats all my hot peppers from 2006

dearbol.jpg this is my legendary de Arbol tree plant.. in the end it almost grow the same size as my mum :D

if people have a place than I strongly can recommand this ultra productive type..

-23da6f2f-40ab-41c4-8e6d-87ce3cf4d585.jpg end of september when its getting too cold in germany the plant it takes a toll on the plants and they begin to look bad

-595cb017-cc5c-46b1-b8e9-65e282cb2944.jpg at home with artificial light plants seem to be more healthy better in shape and color

I used two of these light bulbs: one with 5500k the other one with 6000k

61uC2HDsW7L._AC_SS350_.jpg

and than I added one of this type for plants with a more purple tone of light (extra for plants)

CTMzNic3oBPV-LyzUyQbhf5_uDsQ1cMvX4SuFGtYlL0MvWfpxyiPmveXePpzr444W7r0O0-OktJzeTMPYUjG6T0vcp3p10uoVB5UpWe7GujZUAOwouaont--U80GI64pmK-AEs98x9oPT3LnqLYOSbS0cN82qBQEbUqBngxBuEal9DK_W8tHOeFcFhqR2rUcDTeczLtdGCH3EVCZi0s

I must say the photo daylight lamps where enough it did not bring me better result with the more puplelish lights (but I increased the space with it and could plant just more peppers)

I also added a fan to simulate wind

but dont think I made it professional I just build up a selfmade ugly box and put there some lights and two fan and this in absolute amateurish manner and skills :D

I must say I did this for max 2 month , if I would have an own basement or house I would give it a try to grow them a season indoor..

this year I plan to overwinter some of the plants like de arbol and habanero this types should produce even more in the second year.. but for that I have to use chemicals to kill all parasites :(

Friends.....

Finally figured out the secret to Nali sauce. Man, if you like peri-peri sauce; then Nali is the original deal from back in 70s from Malawi; it is a cult status. But beware of its potency as it puts Nandos to shame.

1 Cup of dried peri-peri pods.
1,5 teaspoons of sea salt.
1 cup of white vinegar
0.5 cup of malt vinegar
5 cloves of garlic
2 small onions - one white + 1 red/purple.
2 table spoons of sweet paprika.

Steps:
1. Put the dried pods into boiling water from kettle; cover and leave them for 3-4 days. This sterilises them plus allows some level of fermentation to start.
2. on 5th day, in blender, put in the hydrated chilli pods - remove water ahead; a bit of water left in pod is good; you need to add around 2-3 tablespoon of the water before throwing it out.
3. Add the cloves, and cut up onions, vinegar mix and salt into the blender; blend it well.
4. in Steel small pot, add the blended mix and bring it to a slow boil; if you are having it too thick; add a bit of vinegar. Keep stirring as it is boiling; after 5 min, shut heat and let it cool down.

When cool put it into glass bottles; I never throw away nandos' bottles - sterilise and reuse them.

As the Nali sauce packaging says 'Friends, take care'...... use with caution.

20210211_112232[1].jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom