What's new

China agree to give J-20 5th Generation Stealth Fighter to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoriphious

Reaction score
5-16-2011_6013_l_T.jpg

"China agree to give J-20/FC-20 5th Generation Stealth Fighter to Pakistan" Ahmad Mukhtar said.
J20Chinassixthgenerationfighter1.jpg

The J-20 is a single-seat, twin-engine aircraft, bigger and heavier than the Sukhoi T-50 and the F-22. Comparison with ground-service vehicles points to an overall length of 75 ft. and a wingspan of 45 ft. or more, which would suggest a takeoff weight in the 75,000-80,000-lb. class with no external load. That in turn implies a generous internal fuel capacity. The overall length is close to that of the 1960s General Dynamics F-111, which carries 34,000 lb. of fuel.
20110302_32299d6ac2c5495f0a387hJqMPOLJAY9.jpg

The J-20 has a canard delta layout (like Chengdu’s J-10) with two canted, all-moving vertical stabilizers (like the T-50) and smaller canted ventral fins. The stealth body shaping is similar to that of the F-22. The flat body sides are aligned with the canted tails, the wing-body junction is clean, and there is a sharp chine line around the forward fuselage. The cant angles are greater than they are on the Lockheed Martin F-35, and the frameless canopy is similar to that of the F-22.
J20Chinassixthgenerationfighter2_thumb.jpg

The engines are most likely members of the Russian Saturn AL-31F family, also used on the J-10. The production version will require yet-to-mature indigenous engines. The inlets use diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI) technology, first adopted for the F-35 but also used by Chengdu on the J-10B—the newest version of the J-10—and the Sino-Pakistani JF-17 Thunder.
J20Chinassixthgenerationfighter4_thumb.jpg

except only 1 line

the whole article only features the J-20 specifications

Only if Pakistan could get them right away as in within the next months, it would be a great asset to PAF.

I know this is probably not possible, but at least before India gets the T-50, the situation in South Asia could change drastically.

When will we receive the first batch of J-20's?
How long will it take for the platform to be fully developed?

Only if Pakistan could get them right away as in within the next months, it would be a great asset to PAF.

I know this is probably not possible, but at least before India gets the T-50, the situation in South Asia could change drastically.

Another case of being India centric.

These 5th gens are expensive and costly to own and run. Could be affordable to own when Pakistan reach half a trillion economy.

this is impossible for PAF to get 5th gen before India.

we will recieve the first batch by 2020

and dont dance before the dhol

it may be that china wants pakistan to participate in the r&d because the project is not yet complete.

@emorphious stop posting random bull without credible sources. All of your past posts have been made up stuff. Besides we dont want J20, we want a modified JF17 (possibly Block 3 stealth)

@OP: J-20 and FC-20 are different jets.
I think I did see this on the news line on Aaj TV, where FC20 was mentioned and also that China had agreed to manage the Gawadar port after the Singaporean contract ends.

I doubt China would make such a move at this point. Things are bad in Pakistan but it doesn't warrant this type of announcement. China wont just play this card now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom