What's new

China Backs Off From Fight With K-Pop Fans

You sound like south korean is the trend setter currently in single eyelid mode with many options to choose from. Have you ever been to south korea? I Have. The chance of meeting a local with natural double eyelids is scarce. This is bts member kim seok jin. I was truly amazed the other day when I saw somewhere he was ranked the 9th most handsome man in the world in 2020 by top beauty world. Not to be mean but looking at this squinty man I just can not help thinking I must be at least the 8th most handsome in the world and heaps of men here in new zealand are at least the 8th or above I believe.

View attachment 704376

View attachment 704377

View attachment 704378
based on stats at least 36% naturally have double eyelids(2016 ) the rest are monolids.

The dude you linked isn't even an actor or famous for visual in his own country,but he still must have some stuff right to appeal so many people. Other wise anyone could have been in his place.

I disagree. What is so great about soft power of japan and south korea? Both still can not escape the fate of being partially occupied by the foreign force 70 years after ww2. South korea has never been a remarkable aggressor in its entire history hence k pop is relatively easier to be accepted by the most asian countries with no grudge attached despite the fact that k pop is not truly sophisticated and is fundamentally a mimic of american pop. South korea itself as a country will not be a permanent existence in asia. It will be gone in the near future once americans have been driven out by chinese. I would be surprised if south korea could still exist after 50 years. K pop will be quickly forgotten after that just like the once dominant hong kong pop culture.
Soft power increase the clout of the nation and gives hundreds of billions in revenue from soft power export and tourism,it also boost brand value of local industries .

How's that not beneficial?

based on stats at least 36% naturally have double eyelids(2016 ) the rest are monolids.

The dude you linked isn't even an actor or famous for visual in his own country,but he still must have some stuff right to appeal so many people. Other wise anyone could have been in his place.

Soft power increase the clout of the nation and gives hundreds of billions in revenue from soft power export and tourism,it also boost brand value of local industries .

How's that not beneficial?
I think these are very layman soft power and the revenue are mostly low technology industries like tourism , entertainment.

I think these are very layman soft power and the revenue are mostly low technology industries like tourism , entertainment.
Do you not wish your country to have a positive outlook and appeal globally? I'm sure you do,that's why each nation spends billions to promote their culture,tourism and improve the national image.

Korean drama export alone is worth 13.2 billion USD in 2018-19. But the ripple effect of that soft power export can be felt in other spheres like the cosmetic industry, worth another 10 billion USD expected to grow at 4% each year,for the next decade,and that's not all ,fashion,and even food industry gets massive boost from promotion through the hallyu wave.

Last edited:
Do you not wish your country to have a positive outlook and appeal globally? I'm sure you do,that's why each nation spends billions to promote their culture,tourism and improve the national image.

Korean drama export alone is worth 13.2 billion USD in 2018-19. But the ripple effect of that soft power export can be felt in other spheres like the cosmetic industry, worth another 10 billion USD expected to grow at 4% for the next decade,and that's not just all ,fashion,and even food industry gets massive boost from promotion through the hallyu wave.
SK do have a mass of appeal from layman (kids, teenage, hippy and fashionista). But when comes to political soft power like technology, space power, financial loan , Infrastructure, military hardware, international legistration. The elite of a country controlling most aspect of people life are not concern by these petty soft power of SK.

Look at China OBOR. it may not have the impact of SK fashion, entertainment instantly. But it's effect will affect billions of lives around the globe who likely to improve their livelihood thru upgrade of infrastructure, more business opportunity becos of influx of many industries supporting new China silk road

SK entertainment also result in vanity and degrade of social moral with drugs , sex slavery and kick back.

I think China's main problem to achieving that might be censorship. You have to know that Artists thrive more in an open environment where they can explore their arts and inspiration and put them out in public without fear or being worried about getting in trouble with authorities or their work censored or going through some bureaucratic process of state approval etc etc. This stiffles creativity and kills arts in some way. I'm not sure how China can achieve what you said while the government has only tighten it's control of censorship not relaxed it. In fact 10-15 years ago I will say the government was even more relax on censorship and intervention than today( so it seems things have only gotten worse in this aspect). So I think we will have to wait a very long time for China to get to a more open liberal system of government censorship. That will depend on who will be at the helm of the country as well, as I believe Xi Jinping will be staying in power for a long time to come(no more term limits), so it's all up to him now not the party as it was before.
However, as we saw with Hong Kong back in the days (they were the dominant cultural/entertainment capital of Asia ) China does have the talent and capability to even outdo Korea and Japan on soft power, so the only reason they might not have made that much leeway in this aspect compared to their S.Korean and Japanese peer is due to a reason.
I think censorship is irrelevant. China was poor when S.Korea entered developed countries club. Only when people are rich enough they would like to spend money on entertainment products. With economic growth Chinese entertainment products are getting more popular. There are many international fans for Chinese shows, movies, music.

SK do have a mass of appeal from layman (kids, teenage, hippy and fashionista). But when comes to political soft power like technology, space power, financial loan , Infrastructure, military hardware, international legistration. The elite of a country controlling most aspect of people life are not concern by these petty soft power of SK.

Look at China OBOR. it may not have the impact of SK fashion, entertainment instantly. But it's effect will affect billions of lives around the globe who likely to improve their livelihood thru upgrade of infrastructure, more business opportunity becos of influx of many industries supporting new China silk road

SK entertainment also result in vanity and degrade of social moral with drugs , sex slavery and kick back.
umm but is soft power a bad thing? Korea literally steals projects from china at a much higher rate due to their reputation alone,Chinese firms has to reduce their profit margin significantly to land contracts and compete against western and korean/japanese bids. These soft power has ripple effects.
But when comes to political soft power like technology, space power, financial loan , Infrastructure, military hardware, international legistration. The elite of a country controlling most aspect of people life are not concern by these petty soft power of SK.
Those are another matter,just because you have all those as you mentioned doesn't mean you can't also have of soft power,it's not x or y ,one can try to have both.

Drugs are actually taboo in korea,even weeds are;sex slavery? you mean prostitution,that's been happening in large scale way before the hallyu boom,such also operates in china in a clandestine manner,just saying.

I think censorship is irrelevant. China was poor when S.Korea entered developed countries club. Only when people are rich enough they would like to spend money on entertainment products. With economic growth Chinese entertainment products are getting more popular. There are many international fans for Chinese shows, movies, music.

Dont follow Korean, you will not win if you guys become follower, you need to make your kind of music, Chinese style.

Just look on this Indonesian music. This has the potency to compete if they use English

1610008633929.png

When we use English, it has more than 100 million viewers

1610008556539.png

Last edited:
Dont follow Korean, you will not win if you guys become follower, you need to make your kind of music, Chinese style.

Just look on this Indonesian music. This has the potency to compete if they use English

View attachment 704444

When we use English, it has more than 100 million viewers

View attachment 704443
pop music is pretty universal,kpop has more korean aesthetics ,jpop has Japanese ,similarly case will be for cpop,though I doubt kpop will have any competition in idol group music. It's just singing and dancing in one's own style.
Your video looks more like tourism promotional song .

For China,I'd advise them to do a catchy cute bubblegum pop song with tiktok aesthetics
,instead of hip hop or Scandinavian influenced korean music style
.More like solo songs
Chinese songs from tiktok are really popular,most of them are cute & fun ,it appeals among young adults the same age group occupied by kpop. China need mega solo idols,Chinese fans wouldn't even be able to support whole group without internal riot among individual member's fans.

China need to shut down the Korea soft power, I fully support that decision.

The Korea softpower is really very very soft LOL, the girly gaymen types make me puke, it hurt my eyes whenever I saw such craps (including some of the Chinese actors).

Its good finally this korea soft wave come to a stop so now I can begin to watch some real movies with real actors and real storylines now, instead of girly drama gay queen's freak show.

At least 36%? You sound like a teenager who could easily reach the pinnacle of his fandom by randomly picking up a song without even knowing the one he admires well. Pay a visit to south korea you will be hugely disappointed.

South korean actors

Chinese actor dylan wang for example

1f84ef36-0f16-4b8f-a597-ab2d1150d4ab.jpg

Tell me which south korean actor has double eyelids like dylan wang.
When you come across asian male with that kind of eyelids you are almost certain that he is not south korean. Unlike chinese have beaten up all the neighbours in various stages of their history chinese had plenty of sex with other foreign races, isolated south koreans barely got the chance, they can not produce human beings like that.

At least 36%? You sound like a teenager who could easily reach the pinnacle of his fandom by randomly picking up a song without even knowing the one he admires well. Pay a visit to south korea you will be hugely disappointed.

South korean actors

Chinese actor dylan wang for example

View attachment 708581

Tell me which south korean actor has double eyelids like dylan wang.
When you come across asian male with that kind of eyelids you are almost certain that he is not south korean. Unlike chinese have beaten up all the neighbours in various stages of their history chinese had plenty of sex with other foreign races, isolated south koreans barely got the chance, they can not produce human beings like that.
Sure Korean are glad their genetic makeup aren't fked like vegetable with mixing like ,there's a reason Korean visual is the most appealing on international fans in general .The guy you linked look tragical when compared to korean actors or even Chinese one like xiao zhan.That guy just had a horrible eyelid ps that made her eyelid crease appear too high,he should have went to better surgeon.

All double eyelid aren't same. Some pompous clowns from middle east,srilanka ,India,Philippines etc and europe that are obsessed with hallyu would self-aggrandize themself about their double eyelids since koreans fancy it "among themselves",thinking korea would be wooed by their double random eyelids. One have to be genetically korean,or at least have dominant gene from east asia achieve double eyelids like that.
These tragical clowns don't understand that east asian double eyelid that are popular in korea and across the globe are totally different than cacausian double eyelids.the popular kind are thin in-line and in-outline tapered eyelid with super light crease that runs on almond shaped east asian eyes.It makes an arc instead of a tangential shape like in Caucasians..This isn't like the random double eyelids among Caucasians ethnicity.The koreans aren't seeking just random double eyelids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom