What's new

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

@Viet Bro

But if the bet doesn’t go as planned then Russia declares bankrupt, Putin will not pay back a yuan.

Let us both pray for Ukkkrainian victory then (although personally I am more pro Russian)

Regards

Hehehe... Very neat messaging by Pakistan’s Army.

China better keep handing those billions whenever Pakistan asks. Other wise....

Japan is investing in Vietnam (ASEAN).

Even USA is investing in Pakistan rather than India.

I think that is a very clear message to India.

Seriously guys.

Such kind of thing doesn't matter.

I don't know where you get this information, but again, China never tries to stop Pakistan from getting aids from US, I don't know what you bring up this story for? China is never in a competition mode with anyone and never has that hegemonic mindset like the western powers.
Can you please read both my earlier posts again. I can explain again too, China wasn't trying to stop Pakistan from getting aid from US; the Chinese Consular staff merely wanted to match the aid Pakistan was receiving from the US. It is possible that it was a personal initiative of the Consular staff and not a Chinese Government policy. As to the reasons to it, I can merely speculate.

I don't think that China is ever thinking they are in direct competition and will match up against US in Pakistan or any other countries. Where you get this kind story. It's not Chinese mindset to match US. Seriously, when was the last time US give any significant aid to Pakistan ?
Please read my posts again in which it is clearly mentioned that the period I spoke about was quite a few years in the past, at a time when Pakistan was getting aid from the US.

As for your story part, some of us actually work for the Government and have quite a bit of insight into many matters.

US aid to Pakistan? Are you kidding. You must have never looked into details.

No such thing as US aid these days.

When Biden met ASEAN leaders in 2022, US pledge -- 150 millions.

Again, at the cost of repetition; please go and read both my posts again, it is clearly mentioned that the aid case was from years ago.

Then it sounds crazy, it's never a Chinese mentality to match lending money, where did you get your story from? it sounds very foreign to us, from a friend's friend?
No, from a colleague who was a part of the meeting, and from the minutes of the meeting.

This seems a bit exaggerated, hard to believe such colossal failure on many projects. Anyone has more accurate information?

Back
Top Bottom