What's new

China shall give 50 JF17 Thunder on emergency bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they were 200+ j6/mig19s--- the j7 pg are not over 80

China is still making more then 55-65% of the JF-17 fighter airframe, some parts are made in Pakistan and then they get assembled in Pakistan. By 2011-12 58% of the airframe would be manufactured in Pakistan.

China has full industrial capacity to make 100% JF-17, the first 10 examples did came from China wholly. 09-111 was the first one which got assembled at PAC with major parts of the airframe coming from China.

Issue is the engine.

So, if required, China can make JF-17s in a very short period of time, compared to the 3 year figure given by you. But as said, issue is the engine, which come from Russia.

And PAF has not yet placed any order for J-10s as of yet. They are interested in it and showed a desire for 36 of them initially. It was an interest and not an order.

J-10s will take time as we need a more refined version compared to the one presently being made for CAF.

Plus, with the talk of a single engine stealth fighter coming up by the Chinese, it will be interesting to see, if PAF is still interested in the FC-20.

100-150 engines are in chinese stock!

I am confused by seeing the Pakistani member happiness.. Why you guys are so happy over JF17 delivery?? Are they giving it free of cost (As brotherhood gift)?? When you have money you can buy best thing available... (F16 Block 30 @ 40 mill, Gripen @ 40 mill)

By selling it china getting money, so there happiness is justified, your happiness is something which I am unable to understand... I saw all the deal made by china, there are very few where you are gaining anything... most of the place china is gaining...

Does ur PM did any agreement where Pakistan will export its Item to China???

plz care only about india.......we knows what we need and who is friend and whose enemy dear.....i think from this news half of indian are not able to sleep...
:china::pakistan: zindabad

China has the largest defence industry and it can easily supply us with weapons but should also go for J-10 B as soon as possible

Oh really when did it cross US in defence industry and what about russia.

Well China did export 250 F-7PGs (unassembled) out of the blue to Pakistan during the 2002 stand-off with India. Its also possible that the assembly lines were active in China behind the scenes.

I agree it can't be done if they start building right now, but it can be done if this was started 2 years ago.

Is there a link about the 250 planes shipped in 2002?? Never heard of that before.. And what happened to those planes.. Shipped back?

official video

Last edited by a moderator:
Im hoping these are the much talked about block 2 aircraft. If not, then the there will be a major cost of upgrading 100 odd aircraft to block 2 standard in the future...nnnot the most efficient system of spending funds. Better to take time now and produce an aircraft that is highly capable.

50 for free - what does does it mean? Why was it necessary? What is the emergency?

Read, 73 USELESS F16 -- 500 USELESS AIM20 missiles -- Useless against the one force that has demonstrated that it is ready, willing, ABLE, to breach Pakistani defenses at will -- and yet you will continue to see Pakistani officers being dispatched to US military academies and if that was not enough insult, they will promoted for being creations of a foreign military -- This must stop.

But not it won't stop - it won't stop until the people of Pakistan take of the armed forces of Pakistan.

Even the JF-17s will be blind as bats against the US.

The solution is not more military junk, but a total re-orientation of policies and mindsets, which will not happen easily or even feasibly.

Is there a link about the 250 planes shipped in 2002?? Never heard of that before.. And what happened to those planes.. Shipped back?

That could be typo as well eager beaver...

50 for free - what does does it mean? Why was it necessary? What is the emergency?

Read, 73 USELESS F16 -- 500 USELESS AIM20 missiles -- Useless against the one force that has demonstrated that it is ready, willing, ABLE, to breach Pakistani defenses at will -- and yet you will continue to see Pakistani officers being dispatched to US military academies and if that was not enough insult, they will promoted for being creations of a foreign military -- This must stop.

But not it won't stop - it won't stop until the people of Pakistan take of the armed forces of Pakistan.

The Americans operate 2000+ F-16's.. one would expect them to know it karma inside and out...the same goes with the AMRAAM.
We took our "latest" F-7PG against their jets as well.. after all "allies" train to fight "together".. or something along those lines.
Not to mention the much celebrated red flag appearance..
When PAF officer's themselves admit that the US is a "hundred years ahead of us".. well... the rest of the story is best left unsaid.
The Americans cannot,.. MUST not be engaged in direct conflict alone..
It is sheer folly, one must remove all elements that threaten us internally first, before taking on any further aggression.
Till then, diplomacy must prevail.. the alternative is to expect unbelievable losses to our conventional capability..
and then hope that unconventional warfare works.

All the Americans have to do, to make our leadership wet its pants (again).. is to hit our nuclear facilities and/or watch India do it then move in for the kill.
Unless or until the Internal situation vis a vis the TTP and other extremist elements is dealt with an iron hand.. conventional forces cannot provide proper focus against any external adversary.. be it from the West or the East.

In any case.. there is nothing coming on emergency delivery schedule.. just media spice.

It is sheer folly, one must remove all elements that threaten us internally first, before taking on any further aggression.
Till then, diplomacy must prevail.. the alternative is to expect unbelievable losses to our conventional capability..

I for one would not want any confrontation with US but that may not be up to us and I very much agree that the internal is priority number one -- what I'm suggesting is that the armed forces be allowed to clean house internally and let the types inspired by the US to consider whether they may not be happier in the US -- the armed forces should not be institutions where those who carry the baggage of US or Western training are allowed to spread the influence of those who by their behavior have made clear that their relationship with us is one where we get do as they demand.

The changes must begin now, I for one, am persuaded, have been for the last year, that Us will not allow Pakistan to avoid conflict with the US, that it is imperative to US Policy that Pakistan's independence and Asian orientation, if it cannot be reserved, be destroyed.

All the Americans have to do, to make our leadership wet its pants (again).. is to hit our nuclear facilities and/or watch India do it then move in for the kill.

And therefore it's all the more necessary that those trained in Western academies are allowed leadership in venues such as ensuring schools for the children of PAF personnel are properly maintained or opportunities in private life are explored fully.

Unless or until the Internal situation vis a vis the TTP and other extremist elements is dealt with an iron hand.. conventional forces cannot provide proper focus against any external adversary.. be it from the West or the East.

Now, here's where I'm must admit to some serious confusion and much despair -- The US claims the Fauj has turned in receipts of close to US$16 Billion --- You know and I hope everyone realizes that's just absurd -- and one can sympathize with the US types who complain that they have been bent over -- and the TTP still is as powerful as ever - there's just something wrong with that picture.

I for one would not want any confrontation with US but that may not be up to us and I very much agree that the internal is priority number one -- what I'm suggesting is that the armed forces be allowed to clean house internally and let the types inspired by the US to consider whether they may not be happier in the US -- the armed forces should not be institutions where those who carry the baggage of US or Western training are allowed to spread the influence of those who by their behavior have made clear that their relationship with us is one where we get do as they demand.

The changes must begin now, I for one, am persuaded, have been for the last year, that Us will not allow Pakistan to avoid conflict with the US, that it is imperative to US Policy that Pakistan's independence and Asian orientation, if it cannot be reserved, be destroyed.
And therefore it's all the more necessary that those trained in Western academies are allowed leadership in venues such as ensuring schools for the children of PAF personnel are properly maintained or opportunities in private life are explored fully.

Now, here's where I'm must admit to some serious confusion and much despair -- The US claims the Fauj has turned in receipts of close to US$16 Billion --- You know and I hope everyone realizes that's just absurd -- and one can sympathize with the US types who complain that they have been bent over -- and the TTP still is as powerful as ever - there's just something wrong with that picture.

Therein lies the predicament.. this is the same ISI that claimed to be able to make the Kabul "boil" at the right temperature.. yet round after round are taking kicks in the faces from the CIA and other agencies in the Afghan theatre?
Is it not possible to use means to convince the US that an aggressive stance with us will lead them to sink even further in the quicksand they have jumped into?
What is acceptable to us?.. Drone strikes that kill TTP leaders now and then.. but at the same time, due to faulty intel, end up killing innocents as well?
Less than a year ago, over a hundred US aircraft transited in and out of our airspace for the flood relief.. sovereignty took a backseat for the masses then, why bite the hand that fed/feeds us?
There is a clear cut terrorist threat in our country.. and our military has either failed to.. or does not want to deal with it.
Which gives anybody an excuse to come in and hit us, and here the antagonist is also supplier of billions of dollars of AID and military hardware to us?
Time and time we are prepared to become like Oliver twist and beg "please sir, may I have some more"... yet cannot convince the Americans of our advance.. leave the Americans.. we cant convince our own nation of any progress.. and whilst Insurgencies are long drawn conflicts( Just a tour of the PKK infested region in Turkey should give an inkling of the sort of investment they need.. something alone the lines of large watchtowers and posts every two or three km's or so along the road)... And while it is true that Billions of dollars may be needed.. in the last ten years, that military and associated aid.. has disappeared.. Call it national strategy or whatever.. and lets not blame any section as such. But have the last ten years of people dying, men laying down their lives for their country been in vain that no progress has been made? In your own words, this nation needs to figure out what it wants to do together.. or in my plain views, breakup and go their own petty nationalistic, religious or whatever way...our neighbors would definitely appreciate this.

Now, as far as foreign training is concerned, some take the best from it and bring only what they learnt regarding their profession home.. and some take to the "papita" and bring a sense of subservience as well.
And whilst this was true more of the officer's that served before.. especially the Sandhurst graduates.. less and less take on American influence apart from Nike Air MJ editions..
The Influence they collect during their times as military attache's.. where there is a lot more interaction involved.. and many are drawn in to the game of influencing procurement.
Others may divulge a little info here and there..

Again.. the news of the JF-17.. has NOTHING to do with the may 2 event..
its just the media and our sensible nation trying to paint it in this light.

plz care only about india.......we knows what we need and who is friend and whose enemy dear.....i think from this news half of indian are not able to sleep...
:china::pakistan: zindabad
Change your mentality yaar this is the same military buildup mentality which is destroying your nation. I pity your attitude towards India.

The Americans operate 2000+ F-16's.. one would expect them to know it karma inside and out...the same goes with the AMRAAM.
We took our "latest" F-7PG against their jets as well.. after all "allies" train to fight "together".. or something along those lines.
Not to mention the much celebrated red flag appearance..
When PAF officer's themselves admit that the US is a "hundred years ahead of us".. well... the rest of the story is best left unsaid.
and then hope that unconventional warfare works.

In any case.. there is nothing coming on emergency delivery schedule.. just media spice.

A hard true fact

Awsome news.... it just means the process will be up on faster pace although it will still take several years but in anycase good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom