What's new

China shall give 50 JF17 Thunder on emergency bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
News also emerged that of 250 JF-17s to be built for the PAF until 2025, a number would be configured as "stealthy 5th generation" fighters.[66] It was reported that an MoU had been signed to develop a stealthy variant and, of the 250 fighters to be produced for Pakistan, 150 stealthy versions may be produced between 2015 and 2025.[67]

66.^ a b "International Debut for the Pakistani Thunders". Defence-Update.net. 20 July 2010. International Debut for the Pakistani Thunders - Defense-Update Newscast. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
67.^ Johnson, Reuben F. (19 July 2010). "JF-17 Makes First International Airshow Appearance". Aviation Week Show News (Farnborough International Airshow 2010: Aviation Week): 28. Farnborough Show News | Day 1 | Express 3 | Zinio Digital Magazines. Retrieved 21 July 2010. ""The JF-17 for Pakistan will be jointly built by the Kamra-based Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and CAC. The two have also reportedly signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop a stealthy variant of the JF-17 Thunder. The PAF is expected to acquire 250 JF-17s, but this may be a split of 100 in the JF-17 configuration seen here at Farnborough, and 150 JF-17-derived, fifth-generation stealthy MRCAs between 2015 and 2025."".
CAC / PAC JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250 jet by 2025, of which 150 stealthy between 2015 and 2025, leaving 100 'regular' between now and 2015, of which the 50 this thread is about may be the first.

150 stealth 2015-2025 , 50+50 2011-2015 , 50 current batch= 300

i dont believe wiki here , not in numbers and also not in the use of obsolete jft in 2025

150 stealth 2015-2025 , 50+50 2011-2015 , 50 current batch= 300

i dont believe wiki here , not in numbers and also not in the use of obsolete jft in 2025

Don't believe wiki, check the sources listed in the wiki. Why would there be a problem with Defence-update.net and Aviation Week?

if they actually are speeding up the production then i think its because of the crash PAF just suffered couple of days ago, when a mirage went down.....

and i dont think there is a STEALTH version of thunder...
although the front part could be modified to make it "stealthier" (reduce RCS)

a fourth gen fighter can only be converted to a stealthy version to a limit--

i dont understand a programme yeilding a brand new fourth gen. stealthy light fighter jft in 2025 to be favoured over a single engined fifth gen jv or for that matter even stealthy version of j10b

it just means that we have pinned all our hopes , for the next 20 odd years on only 1 light fighter:angry:

secondly if the numbers of jft rise above 250 , it means that they are filling the place of more capable fighters like j10b[assuming the squadron numbers allocated to be same]

Pakistan, China likely to ink agreement on JF-17 Thunder

BEIJING: Pakistan and China are expected to sign an agreement today (Thursday) for the provision of 50 JF-17 thunder aircraft to Pakistan on emergency basis, it has been learnt by Daily Times. According to official sources, these aircraft will be equipped with sophisticated avionics. Not only will the aircraft be handed over within weeks, China will also foot the bill initially. Although Pakistan and China have been jointly developed this multirole combat aircraft in the past, in the aftermath of the US operation in Abbottabad, serious questions have been raised about Pakistan’s defence capabilities. According to a strategic expert, the speedy delivery of 50 pieces of this aircraft, originally to be done over two years, is expected to allay apprehensions of not only the Pakistani public but will also send a message to the world that Pakistan’s defence is not weak. It might be remembered that not only has the Indian military chief speculated on the possibility of a US-style strike from the Indian side to take out jihadi outfits in Pakistan, there has been escalation on the Pakistan-India border near Sialkot recently. Also, observers believe that in a situation when the speculations are rife that Pakistan may not be able to resist another US attack inside its territory if it so decides, this agreement will send a clear message to the world on which side China stands. ishrat saleem

So we will be going from 30 JF 17 thunders to 80 JF17 Thunders -

And we will also have our own communication settelite :pakistan:

Daily Times of pakistan:
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

lol how the cookie crumblees when I used to tell ppl look we will get out 300-400 fighters , ppl used to laught at my numbers and lists

LOOK WHO IS LAUGHING NOW:smokin:

BEIJING: China will immediately provide 50 JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Pakistan, an official said here on Wednesday.

“We will get these planes in weeks,” he said, adding that a formal agreement to that effect was likely to be signed on Thursday.

The official said Pakistan and China were already jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but these 50 planes would be equipped with more sophisticated avionics. He said the war planes to be fully funded by China would help bolster Pakistan’s defence and add to tactical capability of its air force.

APP adds: Ambassador to China Masood Ahmed Khan said China would provide over $400 million to Pakistan, including $100 million in soft credit and a grant of 70 million RMB, for the post-flood reconstruction and development projects.—Staff Reporter

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

AMAZING!!! indeeed :agree:

nice........but i think it would be more better if you let Chinese investment directly into pakistan rather than giving money to it's leaders, because we all know where that money will end up going.....!

nice........but i think it would be more better if you let Chinese investment directly into pakistan rather than giving money to it's leaders, because we all know where that money will end up going.....!

u foolish guy these planes would be provided ready within weeks read before posting .... shows your thinking....:police:

u foolish guy these planes would be provided ready within weeks read before posting .... shows your thinking....:police:

I am talking about

"Ambassador to China Masood Ahmed Khan said China would provide over $400 million to Pakistan, including $100 million in soft credit and a grant of 70 million RMB, for the post-flood reconstruction and development projects."

next time, try to at-least understand the post you are quoting, otherwise just hit me up with PM!!!!

I know it's really nice, but I wish we could get some j-10bz..........now

BEIJING: China will immediately provide 50 JF-17 Thunder aircraft to Pakistan, an official said here on Wednesday.

“We will get these planes in weeks,” he said, adding that a formal agreement to that effect was likely to be signed on Thursday.

The official said Pakistan and China were already jointly producing the JF-17 aircraft, but these 50 planes would be equipped with more sophisticated avionics. He said the war planes to be fully funded by China would help bolster Pakistan’s defence and add to tactical capability of its air force.

APP adds: Ambassador to China Masood Ahmed Khan said China would provide over $400 million to Pakistan, including $100 million in soft credit and a grant of 70 million RMB, for the post-flood reconstruction and development projects.—Staff Reporter

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

AMAZING!!! indeeed :agree:

50 planes within weeks.. Hmm.. Right out of cold storage?? :rofl:

Is there a source to this gem??

50 planes within weeks.. Hmm.. Right out of cold storage?? :rofl:

Is there a source to this gem??

I think u don't know that china is also authorized producer of this plane, they are making this plane more faster than Pakistan. So....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom