3 10= National University of Singapore (NUS) Singapore
4 2 The Chinese University of Hong Kong Hong Kong
5 3 The University of Tokyo Japan
6 8 Seoul National University South Korea
7 Osaka University Japan
8 5 Kyoto University Japan
9 13 Tohoku University Japan
10 12 Nagoya University Japan

2010 QS Asian University Rankings Reveal Top-Class Institutions Throughout Region

too bad they're all in hong kong where they spend money to hire professors from other countries.

we still have a long way to go before we can claim the top in science.

too bad they're all in hong kong where they spend money to hire professors from other countries.

we still have a long way to go before we can claim the top in science.

Blah! This university surveys aren't accurate, and tend to be very biased. What matters is the ground reality and results.

But with that said, it's always a good idea to remain humble and to keep persevering. Having a University with a high ranking is not as important as actually being a decent university that trains the minds of tens of thousands of pupils. Don't fall for the "fame & fortune" mindset --- rather stay focused on your studies.

Detailed selling Description( NO FREE SAMPLE)
We have a Indian based manufacturers Top quality Ephedrine hcl purity 99.9% white crystal powder, water soluable and 218 degree melting point for instant shipping to worldwide in large and small quantities price is very competative, Direct Selling 200kg per week readily available for delivery or collection within all over world. Payment can be made by cash or ICICI bank transfer. Client is to pay by Western Union or Moneygram under any circumstances.
1 kg is per INR 28000.Including all charges.(650 USD per kilogram) Please convert your country currency by any Currency Conversion in Indian Rupees. We send the goods via COURIER
No problems with customs control etc..
Delivery lead time: 3-5 business days - Worldwide
Nobody need license. Packaging and delivery very safety.
We are responsible for customs clear. This is a genuine enquiry and we would appreciate replies from serious buyers who can meet all the criteria set out above. Successful buyers can look forward to a very profitable relationship. Email-mlalji123@yahoo.co.in +919480951171
Please also state your price expectations when replying.
The sample package 4.5kg Ephedrine package delivered in 1 packeges:-1package containing 4.5kg ephcl 99.9% price -2925 USD including all .
--No Printed or write in the package ehedrine hcl anywhere on the package.
-Instead, I will clearly on the package that the contents is "Magnesium Sulfate Bath Salt" and that the package contains no harmful chemicals, and also state that the package is worth 3usd, this way the package clears customs no problem.

* we dont have any agent,distibuters,middle man, etc Only Direct Selling Intsant shipping worldwide*

Best regards
WU DETAILS.
FIRST NAME- BALAKUMAR
LAST NAME- DAMODARAN
BANGALORE CITY
KARANATAKA STATE
COUNTRY INDIA
mobile- +919480851171

OUR ICICI BANK ACCOUNT TRANSFER BANK DETAILS.

BALAKUMAR.D

PAN CARD NO- AGJPD2144B

ICICI BANK LIMITED,INDIA

S.B ACCOUNT NUMBER- 029801001000

CUSTID- 516321909, BRANCH. KAMMANAHALLI,BANGALORE
PINCODE- 560043
SWIFT CODE- ICICNBBXXX
* we dont have any agent,distibuters,middle man, etc Only Direct Selling Intsant shipping worldwide*

true. the "rankings" are meaningless to the actual students in the schools.

of course in china there are some really low ranked schools that suck, but even 2nd tier schools aren't terrible.

just forget about this rankings, they virous from institution to institution. but generally speaking, no (or only 1or2 depending what criteria being used) Hongkong university could be listed in the world's top 200.

just tell you how easy it is to manipulate this data.
if the "graduate annual income" is included, most universities of developed country will be the best;
if the "professor, postgraduate or student number" is included something eles could happen;
if the "number of thesis published" is included, then it comes another story.

I'm looking at various options for a doctorate program. However there is a language barrier in going to China. Are there any programs taught in English within China's top Universities?

The main thing I want to gain is experience by working alongside the Chinese researchers.

Just to add: My research plans are to focus in the field of artificial intelligence - IT related that is.

Eugh..I hated AI in undergrad college man..
AI and Fuzzy Logic..Worst subjects to study ever..!

Hats off to you for wanting to do research work on them!

Hongkong has been good in education, but not a single from main land china has reached top in this ranking.

Wait a minute, what?? a article sourced from a blog??

dear new wave, i want to ensure you the i'm not saying that the ranking is wrong or HK university is not good. so pls don't get me wrong about the following. all i want to say is don't just focus on the figure, you need to interpet the figure.

Asian University Rankings | Top Universities
from here, you can find all the defination used in the ranking, its the same webside.

THE - QS World University Rankings 2009 - top universities | Top Universities
then here is a world wide ranking, but it didn't show the details. so i found one with more details

World's Best Universities: Top 400 - US News and World Report
as you can see, the ranking are the same on both website. now you may have noticed that Uni of HK(24) ranks almost the same as Tokey(22) or Kyoto(25) Uni, but are they really match? take a closer look on the details, then you may find out why.

i can still remember that according to a report, Finland is the most innovative country in the world while US is out of 20. doesn't make sense right. but after i look into the indicators , i know why.

professors per 10,000 people;
research spending per people;
Small Medium Enterprise (SME) research spending per GDP

and there a lot more of such index around the world, don't let the figure fools you.

Back
Top Bottom